2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 1572 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Dependable truck

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, comfortable, good ride, solid truck"

Cons: "Can't come up with much, it's been great"

"Bought this truck in 2003 with 49,000 miles. Now has 171,000 and still going strong. Engine is still peppy I have been pulling a 27ft 5th wheel with it since 2008. Lacks a little power in hilly terrain with the camper but still managable. In the 10 years I've owned it I have replaced a power stearing hose, window regulators on both sides, a set of plug wires, Brakes(2X),battery, tires and oil. It has never left me stranded. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. No major problems at all. Still wouldn't be afaid to take off going anywhere with it."

best truck i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "reliable, comfy truck"

Cons: "nothing to dislike."

"I purchased this truck new. I have always owned Fords but decided to try GMC. Glad I did! Better build quality. Better ride. Better handling. Better fuel mileage. I replaced the factory air filter with a K&N and now get 22mpg on the highway. I run Mobil Synthetic oil and it makes a difference. 183000 trouble free miles. Just general maintenance and brakes. Oil change every 5000 miles. Still runs great. I tow my tractor with bush hog and a cattle trailer with up to 10 cows at a time in it no problem."

great truck

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "no complaints it does what it is supposed to"

"dependable, hard working, easy to live with. I have a remodeling business, and I haul materials, bid jobs, prospect jobs etc, out of my 2007 gmc sierra classic. It does its job all day without so much as a whimper. and at the end of the day you can clean er up and take it into town. I will definately recomend it to anyone!!"

Unbelievable Truck

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Unbeatable reliability"

"Never have I owned a vehicle that performed as well as this truck. I have put 367,000 miles on this '02 GMC with nothing but routine maintenance. The truck still delivers plenty of power and comfort along with rock solid gas mileage -- consistantly 18 mpg Hwy. I have so much faith in this truck that I just put new tires on it as i expect to get at least another 70,000 miles out of it."

2000 4x4

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"I purchased this truck new in 2000 and have over 120,000 miles and have only had 2 troubles that were addressed by GMC with no charge (leak in a coolant line, 4WD engage button), this truck went through 5 winters -10 below weather in snow country. All maintenance was done accordance to provided documents."

nice looking truck

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

"i own a truck just like this one i think theyre worth a little more like 5000, but anyways this truck is so comfortable nice looking. i have no words to describe its so convenient"

Lot of problems

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Decent fuel mileage"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"Instrument cluster failure. 4WD solenoid failure. Major fuel injector failures which GM would not cover. GM never recalled these vehicles for the faulty injector problem. They did issue a 'special policy'to replace some injectors, but the 'policy' was issued after most of the trucks with the problem were over the mileage/year limits."

Good truck

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"This has been a pretty good truck to me. I've had some minor problems with it, but nothing too bad. I had a blown fuse for my trailor tail lights, a blown speaker, a melted resistor for the heat/A/C blowers, bad EVAP solenoid, and a bad thermostat. I'm sure this sounds like a lot, but nothing was too major other than the blowers because it was 10 below when that happened. Nothing that stranded me."

best truck period.

By on Sunday, July 18, 2010

"i have owned this truck for over 10 years, and the only part replaced was a $3 daytime running bulb until last month the original battery went which was over 10 years old since i bought this truck new in 2000. always gets 20-22 mpg highway as i have moved my children many tines with fully loaded 8 foot box to college and back home. I have only 34000 miles but still have original tires, rotors, brake pads like new, and even wiperblades still work great,exhaust system still like new, after many short trips to work over the years. the 5.3L V8 is with no doubt the best truck engine out there."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"This truck has been used as a work truck since it was new. It has been over 7000 gvw since I got it and occasionallt pulled a boat trailer. Only needed brakes 2X and on 3 rd set of tires. Only repairs needed in life of truck was an a/c compressor @ 125,000 mi. Tensioner pully @ 160,000 mi and Fuel pump @ 215,000 mi. This truck is very easy to drive and comfortable. A/C is excelent. Gets cold very fast! I have driven it for 235,000 miles in 10 years and still enjoy driving it!"

Has had issues

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"2004 sierra 4x4. Bought used in 2009 with 17,000 miles. Was garaged, someone's weekend driver. Two major issues with truck. The first is the steering shaft/steering wheel bumping. Secondly the rear brake rotors had to be replaced due to badly rusting (pads also). Found out rear rotors were manufactured poorly and with poor materials. By the wayGMs fix was to install a mudflap. (in fron t of the rear wheel?). Neither recalled."

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Best truck I've ever owned!!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I've owned this truck for over seven years now and all I've had to replace is the alternater, 4wd switch and a fuel pressure reg valve. Best truck I've owned. I still get compliments on it today!"

Awesome Truck!

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"Had a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 for 4 years. Quality was outstanding from day 1 until I sold it 3 1/2 years later. Never had any major issue, minor stuff taken care of within first year ownership. Absolutely would recc a GMC to a friend."

Best truck yet

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"I bought this truck used with 130000 miles on it and I absolutely love it. It has great power and has no engine ping despite the miles. Very comfortable seating and enough room in the extended cab for two child seats. I'm getting 20 mpg on the highway and 15- 17 on winding mountain roads. The only down sides I have noticed are minor. It doesn't have a great turn radius and it is a little noisy when turning in 4 wheel drive. But other than that, I highly recommend it. I'm speaking from some experience after owning both Dodge and Ford pick-ups"

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"Purchased the '03 new in June 2003. Many problems with instrument cluster module killing battery several times before GMC figured out problem. Front fender rust within 1 year...replaced under warranty. Intermediate steering shaft bad design leads to awful sound when turning at low speeds. Kit replaced 2 times under warranty but not considered to be safety problem but faulty design. OEM Tires lasted exactly 30,000 miles which is reasonable, but I expected another 10K before replacing. Front and rear brake rotors rust out early and often. Only 32,000 miles...but just purchased 2008 F-150.... Good things...fairly quiet...good looks and styling."

never again

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"We bought our 1999 brand new, and WOW that was a HUGE mistake, it has been nothing but trouble since the get go. The gas gauge broke..yes, I'm serious, and of course the dealer said that happened often. Ha! They said that for EVERY problem we had, and boy did we have a lot! Let's see, the tire well rusted out, the driver side seat release doesn't work, the passenger side door handle. We put well over $5,000. This must have been a Monday or a Friday car...definately a Lemon."

Couldn't have asked for better!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"This truck has been a work horse and I couldn't have bought a better vehicle!!! I bought it used in 2002 with 25K miles on it and now have around 160K miles on. I've had only minor repairs to it (window motor, fuel tank sensor) and no major problems with the engine or transmission! I've towed a horse trailer 500miles with it, hauled palets of grass in the bed, towed a car trailer loaded with it. All this with just the 4.8 liter engine!! I've changed the oil out on schedule and it's worked like a charm everytime I've gotten into it. It's been a great truck!!!"

Substandard

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"This vehicle doesnt hold up to the professional grade it is labeled.From the way the transmission shifts,warped brakes to the bumper and wheels rusting I have only 6800 miles on this truck and regret ever buying it"

Asolutely wonderful

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"I have had this truck since new, with 151k on it now,I still get about 20 MPG highway, 17 city and it rides beautifully. Outside of the time the field mice ate the wiring, this truck has NEVER failed to run and never left me stranded. AC Still works fine, no oil burning. I do my own repairs and I have spent less than 500 bucks on repairs outside of normal maintenance (tires, brakes etc. This truck has a V8 and a long bed and is always loaded and the milage is still fantastic,and the styling is handsome! Take that Toyota!"

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I put this truck thru heck and back and it keeps on ticking. I can put my three kids in it and still haul stuff to and from. The milage it gets is reasonable for a truck. It is dependable. It is great in the snow. I just really enjoy my truck."

Great Buy

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Bought in 2003 when Ford was supposedly the one to buy. Glad I went with the Duramax. Runs smoothly and much quieter than Dodge or Ford. Getting 17 to 19 mpg empty. 13 to 15 mpg with a 3300 lb truck camper on it. Runs up the hills past all others. Most comfortable vehicle I have owned. Had some initial computer problems which were solved and never resurfaced. Only bad point thus far was rear brakes had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. I expect this truck to be on the road for a long time."

meat and potatoes

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The GMC Sierra is meat and potatoes. IF you are looking for a dependable truck, there are few that can match the Sierra. Can't say the gas mileage is impressive by any stretch. Some advice: have a car for long trips."

2006 GMC Hybrid Ext. cab 4x4 leather 1 tough truck

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I have owned several brand new GMC trucks over the years, most all purchased from the same dealer, and the same salesman. When GM built the truck we have now they sure did it right. We have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Ext. Cab SLE, 4x4, leather, this truck is fully loaded to the MAX!! This truck even has 4 110v. outlets on it, that sure would be handy if your power was out, or at a construction site. This truck stickered for $42k new. I traded in my 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500 Ext. cab 4x4 with a 150k miles on it. Since buying this Hybrid we have not yet checked the mpg, but I can sure tell you that it does get real good mileage. On the hybrid trucks they come from GM with a 8 year 100k mile warranty on all the hybrid parts including the batteries. This truck has the best warranty I have ever seen. We plan on keeping this truck for a long long time. In my opinion this was one of GM's best looking, and best performing trucks they ever built. I have owned several GMC trucks over the years and don't recall ever having trouble with any of them. I would highly recommend GM trucks to everyone, especially if you want an extremely reliable and durable long lasting truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals