2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 1560 Ratings for the 1999 - 2007 models.

By on Saturday, January 02, 2010

"Have had this truck since 2003, purchased it used with 51,000 miles. Now has 278,000 and runs like the day I purchased it. Has the 5.3 and plenty of power with an avg rating of 20 mpg. The only thing I have done in terms of major repairs, is the fuel pump, twice..Not bad considering my driving habits..Always buy GM products but don't like the faulty abs system , my wife has a 2002 Tahoe, abs problems since 50,000 miles...Had it fixed at dealer, had it fixed again by a electrical guy on eBay, still abs won't work properly...My truck's abs works but light has been on since 80,000 miles...Overall I couldn't ask for a better truck and exceptional value..."

best truck ever made

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"just cant kill it. 15,500 lbs tow rating. dubulied the tow rating on it has no problem with 30k behind her!!!"

Good fuel mileage. Comfortable ride.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

"Stored inside. Never driven in salt (winter storage). New injectors."

GMC Trucks Rock!

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My first GMC truck had 280,000 miles when I sold it, and it still ran like a champ! I needed to get a 4 wheel drive since I moved from Texas to Colorado. I currently have a 2002 Sierra 1500 Denali. I bought it 10 years ago and it had 20,000 miles on it. It has 120,000 on it now. It has required only general maintenance for 10 years until 2 years ago when the fuel pump wore out and the next year I replaced the alternator. I kept the truck well maintained. I'm a firm believer in taking care of my vehicle and it will take care of me. This truck has gone above and beyond my expectations. This truck has not disappointed me. It has been very reliable and has performed well in all situations. It rides like a Cadillac,is very comfortable, it handles very well and is a good looking truck. I can hardly tell when I am pulling a trailer or the pop up camper. I would not even consider getting another truck in the near future, if...it got better gas mileage. Of course, if the cost of gas was not overinflated, that would not be an issue either. I love the 4 wheel steer feature. I had some carpal tunnel issues a few years back and the 4 wheel steer was extremely beneficial. It is a great feature even without hand problems. That is the only reason I will hate to get rid of this truck...I can not get the 4 wheel steer again, as they are not putting in trucks anymore. I'm afraid that feature got a bad rap for some reason? The adjustable lumbar support is very nice, especially on long trips. I can't say enough good things about my truck. This has been the best vehicle I have owned..."

143,000 and still love this truck!

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable to say the least"

Cons: "I get a Christmas card from the gas company"

"I have towed a lot with this truck, I have hauled a lot with this truck. I've been off road, in mud, on ice, on job sites. This truck has been awesome! Issues? Rear axle seal, two sets of brakes and two set of tires. That's it! Now I am over the top on doing preventative maintenance, transmission and differentials fluids were replaced with Amsoil from day one. Engine oil Mobil one from day one. Does not leak or burn anything. Seat wore a spot in the leather I replaced the cover and foam, like new! Bad part? sucks the gas! 12.5mpg and I drive it, no mamsey pamsy driving. Pulled a horse trailer and Skid steer loaders"

This by far the best truck i have ever owned.

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "reliabilty, longevity, pulling power"

Cons: "rear seat is not good for long legged people"

"I have 284000 miles on this truck and it has never left me on the side of the road. I have pulled 22,000 lbs with it in the mountains with no problems. I was amazed that a 2500 would pull that kind of weight up mountains. It still has all the power and fuel economy it ever had. I bought it used in 2007 and have spent less than $2500.00 in upkeep excluding tires and batteries. It is a diesel and my next truck will be a GMC diesel."

Best truck ever! Comfortable, powerful, reliable

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Cheap parts, VERY RELIABLE, great power"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"I can't tell you how much I love my truck! Sure it has some "battle scars," but it just keeps plugging along. I've put this truck through the mill and with over 200,000 miles the engine and transition still run like they are factory new! The only real work it has needed is a new fuel pump and rotors, but that's nothing for the age and mileage. Even the fuel mileage is good for a truck. It is comfortable, powerful and reliable!"

In addition to obvious goodies like 4 wheel

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Cons: "Wife hatted lights on top of cab, less than 10 mpg"

"Steering, AWD...most reliable - problem free vehicle I have ever had. Original factory brakes lasted over 100,000 miles. Up to then only regular service and tires!"

Dependable truck

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, comfortable, good ride, solid truck"

Cons: "Can't come up with much, it's been great"

"Bought this truck in 2003 with 49,000 miles. Now has 171,000 and still going strong. Engine is still peppy I have been pulling a 27ft 5th wheel with it since 2008. Lacks a little power in hilly terrain with the camper but still managable. In the 10 years I've owned it I have replaced a power stearing hose, window regulators on both sides, a set of plug wires, Brakes(2X),battery, tires and oil. It has never left me stranded. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. No major problems at all. Still wouldn't be afaid to take off going anywhere with it."

Best HD Truck for comfort, hauling and towing.

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "Great for pulling travel trailer and hauling."

Cons: "N/A for this Truck."

"If it had a bathroom I'd live in it! I use to think the destnation was the fun. Now it's the drive!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals