2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,724 - $29,568.

10/7.8

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

poor shifting, and gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, good towing capablity"

Cons: "jerky shifting, poor gas milage."

"feds say this truck is suppose to get 18mpg city, 22 mpg highway. Really gets 12mpg city 20 highway"

A lot of Truck for the $$$

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"I have been searching for a truck to replace my '93 Chevy that boasts 190,000 miles. After searching for a couple years I found the answer in the GMC Sierra. It has all of the comforts of a luxury SUV while at the same time affording the lucky owner the ruggedness of a truck. The gas mileage is poor (5.3 Liter) but can be somewhat controlled with the auto 4 cylinder feature. The power and handling rival that of a sedan. The only thing I have found that I really do not care for is the inerior cloth seats which seem to pick up a lot of lint."

Quiet cab, comfortable ride.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Drives great, quiet interior, good gas milage, plenty of power. still getting use to the longer bed 6.5 vs my 2012 gmc's 5'8 bed. Truck pushes a little bit more than my previous truck in the corners. Overall great truck! I would bet the truck could be a little cheaper on the sticker price if GMC wouldn't have so many commercials on TV!"

Wow! That's the truck you WANT to have handy.

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Fine mechanical design+creature comforts a plenty"

Cons: "Will let y'all know if it doesn't make the grades"

"Everyone was checking out Ford pickups. I took a hard look & test-drove out of curiousity. Meh. Initially, i was intent on a Chevy Silverado LTZ & caught a glimpse of the 2015 GMC 2500HD Sierra SLT Z71 (Vortec 6.0L V8 4x4). Cowgirl's Cadillac, you say..why not?! This is an elegant yet practical vehicle. True, it does use up a hefty bit of fuel, but anyone who has had a 2500 HD truck knows they are powerful fuel thirsty machines. After a year of OEM comparisons (Year/Make/Model), I made my way to several Certified GM lots here & there. I drove several various model GM pickups. Then, after months of looking for the best value..there it was! My "cowgirl Cadillac". Rides like a dream..what a TRUCK!! No small wonder they make a TX Edition. Texans "put a lot a store" by what makes for a worthy truck. Since I've lived where tornadoes & hurricanes can do their worst (raised to BE PREPARED) I need a truck that can tow/haul me, my canine krewe (plus a bevy of sundry household goods) reliably on very short notice or during mandatory hurricane evac. If you've been thru this - you won't squirm excessively over the extra cost of MPG's. Getting back home after a tornado/hurricane means waiting for the "dust to settle" & clearance to return home (most bad case scenarios - 4x4 is a must). I've primarily owned Chevy, Dodge, Pontiac, a couple foreign V4, and Jeep. No Fords (no offense). Depenability plus functionality, makes for practical. I'll take that 2015 GMC Sierra Crew 2500 6.0L V8 4x4 Z71, thank you. I know its all that I will need (and more overall value for the $). Anyone ever sit put inching along thru gridlock during hurricane evac w/a full load on? Another GMC..SOLD! I'll put in my next review at @ 500 miles - to post what, if any, "Cons" I come across. I keep all my vehicles, "till the wheels fall off". Best to all, Christmas 2014, many prayers go out to Mississippi tornado victims, from an old gal that remembers the aftermaths of "bad wind" what came thru TX, MS, LA, AL and GA."

Super quiet and comfortable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Quiet Comfortable Powerful"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Other than a couple of recalls which were quickly rectified by the dealer this is the best truck for the money, Very roomy and comfortable and powerful. best technology in a truck."