• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,616 - $24,113.

10/7.8

8.1

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Transmission needs overhaul at 798 miles

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Bumper step, rear seat foldup, handling, seats"

Cons: "Catastrophic failure of transmission after 798 mi"

"Bought vehicle on 3/24/14 with 14 miles on it. On 3/31/14 (YES 7 DAYS), the transmission lost reverse and got stuck in second gear would not exceed 40 mph. As attempting to get vehicle off road, died in flight, lost all control and blocked intersection. To have it towed back to my selling dealer, it cost ME $86.14 because I was more than 25 miles from that dealer. At dealers for almost a week and the official diagnosis is that the transmission front pump burned up and the transmission is being rebuilt. Such a bummer. I have already started the process of writing letters to GMC and NY/VT Attorney General's and am investigating lemon laws. I don't want to drive a new vehicle with a rebuilt transmission. My background with GMC SIERRA's is excellent. The vehicle I replaced with this new Sierra was a 2005 GMC Sierra with 307,000 miles. It has the original motor and transmission and NEVER went to the dealer for warranty work. Such a bummer that quality appears to have gone down hill. Wish I had better things to say, the rest of the truck is awesome. All the little things that sucked on the 2005, have been refined and corrected. You be the judge, is it worth spending $44,000 out the door to need a transmission in a week?"

Very Good Truck!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Cabin room, quiet ride, and power."

Cons: "Navigation system, parking, small outside mirrors."

"I have had this truck for 8 months and am totally pleased with it. Great design and very comfortable and quiet. Cannot even tell my bass boat is in tow. The truck is a loaded Texas Edition. I have experienced two issued with the truck. One is with the heated/cooled front seats. The dealership has had to replace the blower and heating element in both seats. The second is a popping in the driver's seat when turning. I was told today that it is a common issue and that GM has just developed a fix and the parts were ordered by the dealership. Awaiting the parts now. The truck has the 5.3L engine with a 3.42 rear end and averages around 21.8 on the highway. I have owned numerous GM vehicles with the navigation system and this one with the Intellilink is not as good as the previous navigation systems. It is difficult to use and does not offer optional routes like the previous systems did. I travel a lot and constantly use my Iphone map to find the best routes. I normally do not purchase an extended warranty but plan to for this truck because of all the technology onboard."

I want my money back!!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Terrible MPG, not reliable!"

"I purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra with every extra you can think of! Total amount $56,000. I have taken it back three times to be repaired and I get 11.9 MPG. Towing is not as advertised. I do not trust it's reliability! I wish I could get my money back!! This is the best looking piece of garbage I have ever spent money on!!"

Gmc sierra's best yet.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Ride,comfort,ease of instrument panel."

"I bought this truck In November. Owning 4 GMC'S Trucks dating back too 2002. This truck is by far the best of all. The ride is like driving in a Cadillac. The sound proof trim makes the ride so comfortable. The 4 wheel drive goes through snow like im driving on dry pavement. If your looking for a truck and i mean a real truck. Not ford,dodge,Toyota. This by far is the real deal."

You are King of the Road with this baby!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Good value, awesome power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Don't care for the V4 feature"

"Traded in a flawless GMC Duramax for this Sierra SLT with the 6.2 liter engine. It has less low end torque than the D-Max and took a bit of getting used to. The interior finish is superb and the ride is unlike any truck I have driven. The power of the 420HP L-86 engine leaves every other truck in the dust. The styling, although sedate, is still attractive. The exterior finish is absent the lousy 'orange peel' look so prevalent on the older GM trucks. I gave an excellent rating for most categories, but slightly lower for reliability as this is a first year model, however I have no issues to report. I have read about concerns over the headlight illumination and vibration issues, but I have not experienced either. I travelled up through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire last evening......75 MPH, solid on the road and great to drive!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25