• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 734 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Excellent

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "quiet, powerful, great fuel mileage"

Cons: "pricey"

"Best driving truck I have ever owned. Large fuel tank (36 gal)and excellent fuel mileage (20 mpg/hwy) are also a great improvement over previous trucks. Navigation system "learns" routes not in the database. Quiet interior and engine make it pleasant to drive, smooth ride (even on oil well lease roads)."

Outstanding Truck, well done GMC !

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, tows great, looks great, quiet"

Cons: "If I had to get picky I would want power seats"

"This is the best truck I have ever owned. I have just driven it from Massachusetts to Georgia and it was the best ride in a truck I ever have done. And that was towing a 12 foot landscape trailer with a load on! Powerful 5.3, quiet cab, pulls with ease, comfortable seats and interior setup, looks good and even gets decent millage for a full size truck. I'm happy."

has served me well

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "fair priced for a work truck, handles a plow easy"

Cons: "need manual locking rear end like fords"

"has done a good job for me for 6 years, used mostly for plowing snow and highway mileage, had some issues with front end as far as wear and tear which is expected, need to put a cover on console so when you bring a 3rd person into the cab, you don't have to empty console when flipping up. has served me well."

many compliments of this truck. Sonoma Red Metalic

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

"Truck looks and runs like new. Used as a 2nd vehicle. The Sonoma Red Metalic paint looks like new. Has bed and tail gate liner, 3" BOSS CHROME RAILS. 20" BRIGHT CHROME WHEELS & TIRES. RIDE IS EXCELLENT WITH THE 20" TIRES."

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Turns over once and cold starts at 30 below zero without the block heater. Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned. Balanced, comfortable ride and POWERFUL."

Muscular, dependable, comfortable, handsome

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Strong, great handling, great styling"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I have owned 7 different GM trucks over the years and had the opportunity to drive other brands at work. The 2013 Sierra 2500HD Denali is the best truck I have had the pleasure to own and/or operate. I pull several trailers with weights up to 10,000. The Sierra has the power and stability to easily move the loads but also the technology to bring it to a stop. The engine exhaust brake and Duramax/Allison are a must for anyone serious about hauling."

Could not have asked for better

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "off road, day to day, looks good, reliable."

Cons: "extra parts can be a little pricey."

"I bought this truck a bit over a year ago and I am still happy every day I hop in and it makes me smile. I take it all over the city and the woods without any problems it is very comfortable and reliable. but it is also a very capable rig when hauling."

it just ok only because of lack of power

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "still like it better than a Ford or Dodge"

Cons: "dealership fair at best. with 360 HP it has no go."

"good overall truck much worse on gas than older model. was told by the dealer it would tow much better than older model. that was an out right lie even with 4:11 gears and a 6 speed my old truck with 160,000 with the same motor and a 4 speed will out tow the 2011. love the look and feel easy to drive visibility is not great."

Would buy another Sierra Denali in a heartbeat

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Power,performance,quality,looks"

Cons: "(minor!) console is just a big box,"

"Have owned this diesel truck 3 years. Tow a 6 ton RV fifth wheel 4-5 mos out of the year(FL 3x, AZ 2x). I love it! Comfortable, quiet, powerful, good milage, no problems. Came with Michelin tires, 18" wheels. Will easily get 50K miles on them. The only cons are lack of color choices, lack of grill protection in front of transmission cooler (in large bumper opening) and the console is just a big box(looks like an after thought). All minor, picky cons. I would buy another Sierra HD Diesel SRW Denali in a heartbeat!"

Good full-sized medium hauler

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Ride, transmission, engine torque, turbo, ex brake"

Cons: "heavy, expensive"

"Interior comfort and noise abatement are excellent. Has very good towing manners and is comfortable with big loads. Stock headlights are very good, but fog lights are merely ornamental. Air intake for transmission cooler needs screen if you operate on dirt or gravel roads. Recommend upgrade to Caterpillar fuel filter (and housing), which has higher flow and lower micron rating than stock. Variable-geometry turbo is outstanding and incorporates a very effective engine brake by moving the stator vanes inside the turbo. This works much better than a simple butterfly exhaust valve such as Isuzu, Cummins and Ford use. It works in conjunction with the Allison transmission and keeps speeds where they belong on downgrades with moderate loads, but the installed trailer brake system handles the rest. If you intend to tow a 5th wheel, you will need a special sliding mount or risk hitting the cab with the trailer. I froze the DEF fluid while idling in Canada overnight at -40, but the tank is designed to allow that and although I had a warning light on for about fifty miles, it eventually thawed out and have had no further issues. I would like some kind of DEF level gauge or indication other that "Low" or "Okay". Truck front suspension rides better than the Ford or Ram trucks that I drove before buying. This may or may not be important to you, but I drive large trucks in rural environments and appreciate a smoother ride in my personal vehicle. I have added rear air bags for load leveling to avoid having to adjust my headlights every time I travel. Overall, it's a very good truck, no disrespect to Ford or Ram; all three are pretty good."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for