• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best truck ever and I've had a few

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, ride and performance"

"I am a full time pickup truck driver and trade most times on a yearly basis not more than two years. I like this 2012 GMC SLT so well its time to trade and I just can't bring myself to trade it off."

Great truck

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

"5.3 engine with towing package 5th wheel super slide hitch with 373 rear end . Great pulling truck with tailor hook up. Plenty of room with the 4 doors. Never had any damage"

Very harsh ride, thinking of trading for a Ford

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Harsh ride, 3:08 rear end , no switched accessory"

"Other than the year end deal I am very dissatisfied with the truck over all. I didn't realize how poor the truck performs with the 3:08 rear end. GM pulled a good trick to get the gas mileage with this weak setup. I should have done better research. Wish I had my old 2002 Silverado 4.8 V8 with the4 speed auto back. I am 65 and had planed for this to be my last truck, but I am thinking about trading for the Ford V6 Ecoboost if I can trade without taking to bad a beating."

I guess the newnes is still here...lol

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I guess Im still happy from having a new truck.. Being a guy that never had much Worked my but off now i can afforn a nice new vehicle.. I pretty happy with mine. Dont have any complaints.... And I actualy like the salesman. I didnt want to ring there neck out after purchase... If God is willing My next one will be the the big Diesel.... Very Happy Camper...."

Best value for the money.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, classic looks, low ownership cost, reliable"

Cons: "interior styling lags behind Ford F150"

"Other than the interior styling (which I think Ford is light-years ahead of all other manufacturers), I have absolutely no gripes about this truck. I test drove the F150, Titan, Ram, and Tundra. The only truck I imediately nixed after driving was the Tundra (after driving the Tundra, I was completely disappointed and cannot understand the infatuation Toyota loyalists have with that truck...way over-hyped and over-priced, and if you don't believe me, drive one and then drive/price any of the other four...unless you are a Toyota apologist, you will be disappointed). The only truck that I actually liked better than the Sierra was the F150. However, considering I could get a comparably equipped Sierra for a few thousand $$ less, the Sierra was definitely the better value. So far, I've had absolutely no problems...even the original tires lasted over 60,000 miles. My family has owned a number of different makes and models of vehicles in the past, including Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. A client of mine encouraged me to check out GMC, as he runs GMC's for his business and routinely gets 300,000+ miles out of his work pick-ups. Definitely glad I did check out the Sierra. One of the best vehicles (car/truck/van) I have ever owned. Will definitely buy again if I can get another reasonable deal."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals