• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,417 - $29,330.

10/7.8

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Quiet cab, comfortable ride.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Drives great, quiet interior, good gas milage, plenty of power. still getting use to the longer bed 6.5 vs my 2012 gmc's 5'8 bed. Truck pushes a little bit more than my previous truck in the corners. Overall great truck! I would bet the truck could be a little cheaper on the sticker price if GMC wouldn't have so many commercials on TV!"

Wow! That's the truck you WANT to have handy.

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Fine mechanical design+creature comforts a plenty"

Cons: "Will let y'all know if it doesn't make the grades"

"Everyone was checking out Ford pickups. I took a hard look & test-drove out of curiousity. Meh. Initially, i was intent on a Chevy Silverado LTZ & caught a glimpse of the 2015 GMC 2500HD Sierra SLT Z71 (Vortec 6.0L V8 4x4). Cowgirl's Cadillac, you say..why not?! This is an elegant yet practical vehicle. True, it does use up a hefty bit of fuel, but anyone who has had a 2500 HD truck knows they are powerful fuel thirsty machines. After a year of OEM comparisons (Year/Make/Model), I made my way to several Certified GM lots here & there. I drove several various model GM pickups. Then, after months of looking for the best value..there it was! My "cowgirl Cadillac". Rides like a dream..what a TRUCK!! No small wonder they make a TX Edition. Texans "put a lot a store" by what makes for a worthy truck. Since I've lived where tornadoes & hurricanes can do their worst (raised to BE PREPARED) I need a truck that can tow/haul me, my canine krewe (plus a bevy of sundry household goods) reliably on very short notice or during mandatory hurricane evac. If you've been thru this - you won't squirm excessively over the extra cost of MPG's. Getting back home after a tornado/hurricane means waiting for the "dust to settle" & clearance to return home (most bad case scenarios - 4x4 is a must). I've primarily owned Chevy, Dodge, Pontiac, a couple foreign V4, and Jeep. No Fords (no offense). Depenability plus functionality, makes for practical. I'll take that 2015 GMC Sierra Crew 2500 6.0L V8 4x4 Z71, thank you. I know its all that I will need (and more overall value for the $). Anyone ever sit put inching along thru gridlock during hurricane evac w/a full load on? Another GMC..SOLD! I'll put in my next review at @ 500 miles - to post what, if any, "Cons" I come across. I keep all my vehicles, "till the wheels fall off". Best to all, Christmas 2014, many prayers go out to Mississippi tornado victims, from an old gal that remembers the aftermaths of "bad wind" what came thru TX, MS, LA, AL and GA."

Super quiet and comfortable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Quiet Comfortable Powerful"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Other than a couple of recalls which were quickly rectified by the dealer this is the best truck for the money, Very roomy and comfortable and powerful. best technology in a truck."

Exceptional truck and great so far

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, capable, comfortable"

Cons: "Base V6 not up to serious loads"

"I now have 16,000 miles on my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4 All-Terrain Edition and can give a decent review. I purchased it with 3k miles on it and saved a bundle over the cost of a new one. This is my first GMC. I have owned Chevy, Dodge, and Ford. My last one being a 2004 F-150 XLT Crew Cab that had almost 200K miles when I gave it to my son. Hopefully this one will do as well. I looked at all the competition and the GMC seemed to offer the biggest bang for the buck. Mine has the SLE package, 20” wheels and the All-Terrain package which includes most everything I can ever imagine needing and much more luxurious that I am used to in a truck. I have a BMW and this is honestly better equipped. It has been flawless as far as reliability of the vehicle. No issues at all. My biggest regret is not shopping around for a 5.3 engine version. This one has base 6 cyl and it is lacking for power when trying to haul a heavy trailer. Without a load the engine is fine but if you’re going to haul, definitely look for one with the V8 engine options. Some have complained the headlights are weak but they seem fine to me. The sets seem a bit thin on padding but I have covercraft seat covers that include ¼ foam and they made a huge difference in long trip comfort. The lack of rear vents for the heating and AC seems to be the most foolish design flaw I have noticed. Kids in the back complain and BTW-kids are the only ones that will be comfortable in the back seat of the double-cab version. It’s a tight fit for adults. My mileage has bested at 23.5 mpg highway over a 350 mile run. My average per tank has been about 17 with mixed driving. My Ford averaged 14. Not a huge improvement but not terrible for a full sized truck. The bright side for shoppers looking for a used truck, the depreciation hit seems larger than Fords for the first year or two so you can get a good price if you shop around. I live in Virginia and went to Michigan to get this one and the savings we well worth it. Now if I can just quit spending on accessories…."

Best value

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "towing, gas mileage, sharp looking"

"Looked at several trucks, for the money GMC ranked the highest. Gas was a huge concern, GMC was the best among the V8s. A few small things - LED in the bed, movable tie-downs, and the step bumper are nice."