• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,866 - $44,102.

10/7.8

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Excellent driving and safety.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driving and safety"

Cons: "Nothing negative for me"

"I have the 2014 SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB STANDARD, take a trip from Duluth, Ga. to Parama City Beach, FL. The distance was 434 miles exato and only has consumed 18 gallons, resulting in 24 MPG at 65-70 MPH... Very happy with the result, also the comfort and safety it's like to drive it. Excellent work of the GMC."

Best Truck I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior, responsive engine, great looks"

Cons: "I have no cons at this time"

"I got this truck in Feb 2014 and traded in a 2013 Chevy Silverado with about the same features. I was impressed with the looks, handling and new interior of the 2014 Sierra as it has been a great truck so far. I have read other reviews that were not so high on the truck but at this point it is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned Chevy's, Toyota's, Fords and Dodges and none of those trucks are anywhere as nice as this Sierra. It is a 1500 Double Cab 4X4 Z71 5.3 V8"

Very Good Truck!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Cabin room, quiet ride, and power."

Cons: "Navigation system, parking, small outside mirrors."

"I have had this truck for 8 months and am totally pleased with it. Great design and very comfortable and quiet. Cannot even tell my bass boat is in tow. The truck is a loaded Texas Edition. I have experienced two issued with the truck. One is with the heated/cooled front seats. The dealership has had to replace the blower and heating element in both seats. The second is a popping in the driver's seat when turning. I was told today that it is a common issue and that GM has just developed a fix and the parts were ordered by the dealership. Awaiting the parts now. The truck has the 5.3L engine with a 3.42 rear end and averages around 21.8 on the highway. I have owned numerous GM vehicles with the navigation system and this one with the Intellilink is not as good as the previous navigation systems. It is difficult to use and does not offer optional routes like the previous systems did. I travel a lot and constantly use my Iphone map to find the best routes. I normally do not purchase an extended warranty but plan to for this truck because of all the technology onboard."

I want my money back!!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Terrible MPG, not reliable!"

"I purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra with every extra you can think of! Total amount $56,000. I have taken it back three times to be repaired and I get 11.9 MPG. Towing is not as advertised. I do not trust it's reliability! I wish I could get my money back!! This is the best looking piece of garbage I have ever spent money on!!"

Gmc sierra's best yet.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Ride,comfort,ease of instrument panel."

"I bought this truck In November. Owning 4 GMC'S Trucks dating back too 2002. This truck is by far the best of all. The ride is like driving in a Cadillac. The sound proof trim makes the ride so comfortable. The 4 wheel drive goes through snow like im driving on dry pavement. If your looking for a truck and i mean a real truck. Not ford,dodge,Toyota. This by far is the real deal."

You are King of the Road with this baby!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Good value, awesome power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Don't care for the V4 feature"

"Traded in a flawless GMC Duramax for this Sierra SLT with the 6.2 liter engine. It has less low end torque than the D-Max and took a bit of getting used to. The interior finish is superb and the ride is unlike any truck I have driven. The power of the 420HP L-86 engine leaves every other truck in the dust. The styling, although sedate, is still attractive. The exterior finish is absent the lousy 'orange peel' look so prevalent on the older GM trucks. I gave an excellent rating for most categories, but slightly lower for reliability as this is a first year model, however I have no issues to report. I have read about concerns over the headlight illumination and vibration issues, but I have not experienced either. I travelled up through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire last evening......75 MPH, solid on the road and great to drive!"

not as good as 2012 GMC

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "worst than previous model"

"Very disappointed in GM engineering. Interior dome lighting almost non existent. Headlights on SLT are terrible. Windshield wipers park below the glass and defrosters will not thaw them out if they are frozen down. Defrosters only blow in center of windshield, there are no diffusers to direct air to either side of windshield. Defrosters will not keep windshield clear when driving in snow. Can't imagine trying to plow snow with this truck. Boze speakers are a waste of 500 dollars. Bulges in hood reduce forward visibility."

Great truck!

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "A huge step up from last body style."

Cons: "None - yet."

"Upgraded to this truck from a 2001 Silverado and 2004 Titan. The thing that interested me in this year's remake was the fact that the truck no longer looks like a fleet truck (especially inside) as it did from 2007-2013. The interior styling and finishes are on par with other trucks in the class now (simulated leather wrapped dash, leather wheel, 8" screen, etc) and the exterior styling is much better looking in my opinion. GM has included updated features such as LED interior and bed lighting, electric power steering, and the Intellilink system. I have read complaints about the interior lighting, but I have no problem with it. The headlights are marginal, but the fog lights more than make up for the lack of main headlight power (at close range, anyway). The only issue I have noticed are that the transmission can be jittery through turns at times - may just be this truck."

Not Impressed

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "exterior styling rear bumper steps"

Cons: "lighting and electrical gremlins"

"Front doors are to small, headlights are a total joke, dome light not quite as bright as a match,gas mileage is poorer than my 2011 i traded. Three times I have used display to end a phone call the power seat moves ahead and the pedals back really gets your attention in town or on a two lane road."

Engineering issues

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "well thought out console and itrior storage space"

Cons: "lack of interior and exterior lighting"

"Very quiet ride. Nice looking. Steps in rear bumper great idea. Sharp looking interior. Great gas mileage. 19.6 mpg on 2800 mile trip carrying 900 lbs cargo. Engineers overlooked some small but important things. Projector headlights are terrible, no peripheral lighting on hi beams, interior dome lighting is bad, outside temp reading doesn't update frequently enough, speakers in front doors stick out too far and get kicked when exiting, piping on leather seats is very irritating when exiting or entering frequently, no provision to turn off auto door locks, infotainment screen is too bright for night driving and cannot be dimmed independently from the dash lighting, interior is super quiet but I still have to listen to the key fob rattle against the steering column on uneven roads, side mirrors are too small and can't see rear wheels with them, steering wheel mounted controls are no longer at your fingertips but are now smaller and mounted higher up and can't be felt with gloves on. Less vision out windshield compared to previous model. I use this truck for work and a lot of times at night with entry and exit at least 50 times a day. This truck is not as convenient or comfortable as the previous model."

Potential Truck of Year

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "N/A"

"Truck is awesome;ride is comfortable and so quiet. Voice activated steering wheel controls are convenient. Lights in bed truck at night a nice feature. Step up bumper makes easy entry to bed truck. Steering is very responsive and makes both driving and parking relatively easy. Parking sensors in both front and back another nice feature. The V-8 SLT Z71 mpg on the road has been as high as 23 miles per gallon (straight highway driving). Back seat has additional leg room than 2013 model. Storage compartments galore- including huge storage bin between front seats. Navigation system is the most user friendly I have ever had in a car. This is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned."

Very nice truck overall

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"my truck is still new and not broke in, but i am very happy so far. i'm getting around 16mpg driving everyday (and i'm kinda hard on my vehicles, so this is good for me) and went on a recent trip and got almost 21mpg. the interior is set up user friendly, and is very quiet going down the road. some of the new features (steps in bumper, under-rail lighting in box, trailer brake controller, etc) are very handy. my only gripe so far would be if you actually use this vehicle off road, the new wheel-well liners are a pain to clean once dirty (they are some sort of carpet material, i'm sure this has something to do with road noise)."

Nice truck but has problems with Lights

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Truck is stylish. Very quiet. Very little road noise. Pleasure to drive during the day. Has lots of nice features. HOWEVER, the headlights are absolutely terrible. Far too dim. Extremely hard to see on back roads. Wish I would a known this prior to purchase. Previous models have great LIGHTS. No excuse for this other other than poor engineering."

WOW what a truck.

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Quiteness, handling, technology"

"Traded my 2011 Silverado for this 2014 Sierra Crew Cab SLT and what a difference. It's like a luxury vehicle inside. Smooth and extremely quite ride. It doesnt even feel like your driving a truck. And I can beat my buddies ECOBOOST on this V8 with a better tow rating. The only negative would say is with the 3.42 rear end the gas miledge isn't much better than the 11 but it is still being broken in so I'll give it some time."

sweet ride

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "power looks style"

"This is one sweet ride> this is my 2nd gmc serria denali and i loved both of them."

love this truck

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"drives better than any truck i have owned."

Awesome truck!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

"It does everything I need it to and more. The only thing missing is the sunroof."

This is my first GMC TRUCK. LOVE IT!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Exterior Look, Lots of cab room"

Cons: "No consOnly 2500Miles,but Noregrets at this point"

"After owning several pick up trucks of different size and from different manufacturers, this is my first GMC truck. I love it. The price was great. I have tons of room in the cab. It handles as well as smaller trucks I have owned in the past. It does everything I ask it to do. I will be a returning customer. I am sold on the value of my Sierra. Looks great, runs great and didn't break the bank for me."

I Love It

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"This is the best Truck i have ever ridden in. Smooth ride and good fuel mileage for a truck."

Best Truck Ever!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"Was my first car I ever drove when I turned 16. Went everywhere in it, college, dunes, you name it. I've abused it quite a bit and its still a solid truck. Safe, reliable, and is a great truck all around."

Great Performer

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, horsepower, transmission, Driver information System, Payload, Towing capacity"

Cons: "Factory Paint, Factory Paint, Factory Paint, and Factory Paint"

"It was the reliability, lack of problems, and strength of performance that my '04 has shown that persuaded me to buy the 2011. ( I still have the '04 ) The 2011 Sierra SLE, ext cab,4x4 is a strong performer, Payload, tow power, and 17mpg make it a great half ton truck. My ONLY complaint is the factory paintjob which is so very thin. ( I had to have the hood and both fenders repainted at my expense inside the first 10k miles. ) This is supposed to be a truck, by definition it should be able to drive past a bush, without scraping the paint down to the bare metal. Pushing the snow off the hood ( with a soft brush ) should not ruin the paint. While the engine, transmission and frame are strong, GM cut corners when it comes to exterior protection. In daily use, this truck in destined to look like a "beater" in a very short time. I shudder to think what a (brush style) car wash would do to the paint."

Top Quality

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"The 2011 GMC SLE 4X4 is a top quality truck. It offers all the luxury's you want and is a tough truck. From the exterior to the interior, this is one sharp vehicle. I gave it 4 stars, only because of the subpar gas milage. However, I bought this vehicle knowing the gas milage was low. Gas prices, who cares! I want a tough truck. You can't go wrong. This truck is tougher and better looking than the Chevy Z71 package. BUY AMERICAN."

2011 GMC SIERRA REVIEW. "i'm LOVING IT"

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I love the comfort and nice ride with the sierra. We test drove Ford etc... now the Ford has a couplE more bells and whistles when first looking at their products. BUt we returned to the GMC for its handling and nice ride. Its stlish, handle nicely with surprising power. THe other great features, the stereo quality out performed Ford, It's features are easy to use and at your finger tips. It comes with Onstar as a standard feature for safety. Plenty of room in the cab for full sized adults to ride comfortably, the rear seats flip up for extra storage when it rains. So, I could not ask for more in a truck than what I have here."

A lot of Truck for the $$$

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"I have been searching for a truck to replace my '93 Chevy that boasts 190,000 miles. After searching for a couple years I found the answer in the GMC Sierra. It has all of the comforts of a luxury SUV while at the same time affording the lucky owner the ruggedness of a truck. The gas mileage is poor (5.3 Liter) but can be somewhat controlled with the auto 4 cylinder feature. The power and handling rival that of a sedan. The only thing I have found that I really do not care for is the inerior cloth seats which seem to pick up a lot of lint."

Hard to believe it's a truck!

By on Friday, June 15, 2007

"Luxury, comfort, sleek styling, powerful, loaded to the hilt....a pick-up?! Yep, this truck has it all. I've had 2 Yukon SLT models and thought I'd never find a truck that was as comfortable but Boy! was I ever wrong. The Yukon's brother was the answer. Now I can haul or tow anything and still enjoy the smooth ride and enjoy all the extras that are standard on the Denali model. I had a compact truck when I had the Yukons to do my "dirty" work but buying this vehicle allowed me to handle the dirty work and do it in style. The AWD and the 6.0 engine reduces the gas mileage a bit but you know that going in so you shouldn't complain. This truck is worth having to pay a little more for gas, even with the mid-year '07 fuel prices."

See if you qualify for