• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,286 - $36,289.

10/7.8

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Quiet cab, comfortable ride.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Drives great, quiet interior, good gas milage, plenty of power. still getting use to the longer bed 6.5 vs my 2012 gmc's 5'8 bed. Truck pushes a little bit more than my previous truck in the corners. Overall great truck! I would bet the truck could be a little cheaper on the sticker price if GMC wouldn't have so many commercials on TV!"

Wow, what a ride

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Great, smooth ride. Looks very cool!"

Cons: "Seat comfort"

"Bought a Sierra SLE Carbon Edition. Already drove it through snow, ice and mud and it handed like a dream. The 20 inch wheels make me feel like I'm on top of the driving world. LOVE the entertainment system and all the places to put things. My 2007 Sierra was a work truck trim so it was pretty bare-bones. My only complaint so far is that the seats seem cheap and are lacking a lot of padding and extra lumbar support. The interior looks very classy and will probably hold up better than the 2007 did."

Super quiet and comfortable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Quiet Comfortable Powerful"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Other than a couple of recalls which were quickly rectified by the dealer this is the best truck for the money, Very roomy and comfortable and powerful. best technology in a truck."

Bought GMC. NO Regrets!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Great "on-the-tow" & fine "off-road""

Cons: "Attn: exterior paint application"

"Now that i OWN the 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab (6.0L V8 Vortec) SLT 4x4 - Z71 Off-Road - i can relay some of my initial daily driving experience w/it as an owner. It gets better gas mileage than my old Jeep Cherokee V-6 2WD (both city/hwy mileage), so i can't kick. To all y'all that want better MPG's: you might best stick w/the ½ ton GMC Sierras w/Eco-Tec or Duramax engines - or whichever mfgr. brand you favor. As far as the "on-the-column" gear shifter (automatic transmission) - I didn't find mine to be "jerky" at all. My old vehicle had the on-the-console automatic shifter, & the 1 before that had gear shift on the steering column. Same function but shifting on-column is NOT something you ram or slam into gear, you "slow & easy" position the shifter into proper gear otherwise "you overshot the mark" & need to re-position to correct. I checked the on-the-column automatic transmission gear shift a bunch before I bought my 2500HD, on account i read a review posted here that made mention of "jerky" shifting probs. Mine works just fine & IF it DIDN'T, heck i WOULD'NT BUY it. Mine shifts proper & to my liking. The truck itself is a champ! On the subject of off-road, well, I'm NOT "ditch jumpin" w/it but the 4WD (hi & lo) is just plain fine, for general all-terrain purposes, IMO. Haven't hauled ultra "heavy" loads with it yet. Very glad i opted to have the 20" FORGED polished aluminum GMC wheels instead of 18" aluminum clad wheels. The factory spray-on bedliner is better than I expected. The paint around the very bottom of the chassis could've been finished better (I found one tiny 1/4" globule that formed a stray droplet along the very bottom edge of chassis to the outside rear of the wheelhousings- (slight "orange peel" finish) about which i was informed by more than 1 certified dealership's sales rep that GM applies a protective undercoat beneath exterior paint color alongside to the lower rear of truck. This undercoating near bottom edge of chassis is resident on most all 4x4 Sierras I inspected while shopping, and was/is limited to the area near the exterior rear wheelhousings. The uneven paint finish was found more in some than other model GM & Ford trucks I saw (i found that dealers are commonly blaming this on automated mechanical paint application). Its not the 1st time I had noticed this (in previous models of GM & Ford trucks, while looking to buy). In any event, it always pays to inspect quality of exterior paint job, top to the very bottom edges of the chassis. As a heavy duty truck the Z71 Sierra SLT sure performs & surrounds you w/safety features + deluxe amenities. Crew cab is roomiest. Drive 1 for about 15 miles, head up hill & down - run it city & hwy. It's fine. Good "on-the-tow" while utility trailering but have to take it out heavy hauling yet. I got the feel for all the "electro-techno" options (GMC + You Tube have loads a videos, & more tutorials-to-come) that make the ride even better. Most owners want or need to make use of a couple few GM Intellilink perks, now & again. I'm real pleased I bought the GM 3/4 ton Sierra - great heavy duty truck. Mine's chock-full of SLT options. Seems the HD Sierras aren't for the folks who are hunting a vehicle w/great gas mileage. I can say a Sierra 2500HD SLT is a wise pick as a sturdy built truck for anyine that requires heavy duty truck capabilities & appreciates totalitarianism comfort. "Yesterday or today", most often it's still a case of "you get what you pay for"."

2015 GMC 3/4 ton. ALL mine & NO regrets

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Own it & No Regrets"

Cons: "None yet. She's <500 miles, studyin' it further."

"Now that i outright OWN the 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab (6.0L V8 Vortec) SLT 4x4 (Z71 Off-Road Suspension Pkg) i can relay some of my initial driving experience w/it as an owner instead of just test-driver. It gets better gas mileage than my old Jeep Cherokee V-6 2WD (both city/hwy mileage), so i can't kick. To all y'all that want better MPG's: you might best stick w/the ½ ton GMC Sierras w/Eco-Tec or Duramax engines (or whichever mfgr. brand you favor). As far as the "on-the-column" gear shifter (automatic transmission) - I didn't find mine to be "jerky" at all. My old vehicle had the on-the-console automatic shifter, & 1 before that had gear shift on the steering column. Same function but shifting on-column is NOT something you ram or slam into gear, you "slow & easy" position the shifter into proper gear otherwise "you overshot the mark" & need to re-position to correct. I checked the on-the column automatic transmission gear shift a bunch before I full-on bought mine- on account i read a review posted here that made mention of "jerky" shifting probs. Mine works just fine & IF it DIDN'T, I WOULD'T buy it. If it came up faultering after I bought it, oh boy!..you can bet I'd have it looked at, right QUICK, while under warranty. Mine shifts proper & to my liking. The truck itself is a champ! On the subject of off-road, well, I'm NOT "ditch jumpin" w/it but the 4WD (hi & lo) is just plain fine, IMO, for general all-terrain purposes. Haven't hauled "heavy" with it yet. I'm real pleased i opted to have the 20" FORGED polished aluminum GMC wheels instead of 18" alum. clad wheels! The factory spray-on bedliner is better than I expected. The paint around the very bottom of the chassis could've been finished better (I found one tiny 1/4 globule that formed a stray droplet along the very edge near the underside of the wheelhouse - slight "orange peel" where GM applies a protective undercoat beneath exterior paint color alongside to the lower left of where the assist steps normally are situate . This undercoating near bottom edge of chassis is resident on most all 4x4 Sierras I inspected while shopping, and was/is limited to the area near the rear wheel housings, drips or were visible more in some than others (i found that dealers are commonly blaming that on automated mechanical paint application). More on this in immediate follow-up."