• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,825 - $33,866.

10/7.8

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

This is my first GMC TRUCK. LOVE IT!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Exterior Look, Lots of cab room"

Cons: "No consOnly 2500Miles,but Noregrets at this point"

"After owning several pick up trucks of different size and from different manufacturers, this is my first GMC truck. I love it. The price was great. I have tons of room in the cab. It handles as well as smaller trucks I have owned in the past. It does everything I ask it to do. I will be a returning customer. I am sold on the value of my Sierra. Looks great, runs great and didn't break the bank for me."

Wish I'd bought something else

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, tows well, brakes good nice looking"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"Vehicle rides good, Center dash controls inconvenient and audio controls are overboard. Fuel economy terrible with gas engine. 7-9 towing. Overall 13.5 at best"

Luxurious

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and quiet ride, good fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Audio interface sluggish and flakey"

"I recently traded a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 and a 2012 RAM 1500 Express to buy the 2014 GMC Sierra. My truck is a double cab SLE with the All-Terrain package, SLE Value package and the 5.3 V8 with 4.43 gearing. The only difference I can see in this truck and the SLT model with the same towing package are cloth seats (All-Terrain specific) on my truck and leather on the SLT models and the lack of adjustable pedals. Otherwise, everything is there. Here are some of my favorite features. Heated bucket seats, backup camera, Bose speakers (not listed on sticker or GMC materials, but clearly labeled inside the truck and sound quality is OBVIOUSLY better than other SLEs) and the center console. Except for the lack of leather on the seats, this is truly a luxury truck that is every bit as comfortable and quiet as the Mercedes I traded in. With the V8 and 3.43 compromise gearing (3.08 are the cruising and 3.78 are the towing) I so far am getting 17 MPG in suburban driving and 21 MPG in 75 MPH highway cruising on regular unleaded. In contrast, my old 2012 RAM with the 5.7 liter Hemi V8 and 3.98 towing gears would return 14 suburban and 18 highway. The new truck is super comfortable, very smooth on most pavement and extremely quiet, though you can definitely tell its a truck on poor road surfaces. I haven't tried the four wheel drive yet, but I love that it has an auto mode for heavy rain and can shift on the fly between 2WD, Auto and 4WD High. All Terrain package has the Z71 suspension with Rancho shocks and skid plates, so I'm sure this, with 4WD Low will make an excellent ride when the pavement ends. No issues so far other than the audio system responds sluggishly to commands (works though) and the USB is a bit flakey with my iPhone ."

poor shifting, and gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, good towing capablity"

Cons: "jerky shifting, poor gas milage."

"feds say this truck is suppose to get 18mpg city, 22 mpg highway. Really gets 12mpg city 20 highway"

New 2015 GMC 2500 HD SLT..BEST pickup truck EVER!

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Pros: "Love to drive her!"

Cons: "Wish it had an SSD in dash to store music/data."

"This truck is ever-ready & dependable. The ride, comfort + conveniences (options) are outstanding. No other brand pickup compares to the performance & comfort of this particular model GMC in this price range (perhaps, the Denali) but that seemed a bit too posh to venture out in on jaunts over rugged terrain. A very sensible yet elegant ride - a GMC Professional Grade pickup, indeed! Handling and operation of this 2500HD is a cinch - the installed technology (options) provide added assurance & safety. Gas mileage is as was expected 13 mpg city/19 mpg hwy. No complaints so far."