• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,825 - $33,866.

10/7.8

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

not as good as 2012 GMC

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "worst than previous model"

"Very disappointed in GM engineering. Interior dome lighting almost non existent. Headlights on SLT are terrible. Windshield wipers park below the glass and defrosters will not thaw them out if they are frozen down. Defrosters only blow in center of windshield, there are no diffusers to direct air to either side of windshield. Defrosters will not keep windshield clear when driving in snow. Can't imagine trying to plow snow with this truck. Boze speakers are a waste of 500 dollars. Bulges in hood reduce forward visibility."

Top Quality

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"The 2011 GMC SLE 4X4 is a top quality truck. It offers all the luxury's you want and is a tough truck. From the exterior to the interior, this is one sharp vehicle. I gave it 4 stars, only because of the subpar gas milage. However, I bought this vehicle knowing the gas milage was low. Gas prices, who cares! I want a tough truck. You can't go wrong. This truck is tougher and better looking than the Chevy Z71 package. BUY AMERICAN."

Best Truck I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior, responsive engine, great looks"

Cons: "I have no cons at this time"

"I got this truck in Feb 2014 and traded in a 2013 Chevy Silverado with about the same features. I was impressed with the looks, handling and new interior of the 2014 Sierra as it has been a great truck so far. I have read other reviews that were not so high on the truck but at this point it is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned Chevy's, Toyota's, Fords and Dodges and none of those trucks are anywhere as nice as this Sierra. It is a 1500 Double Cab 4X4 Z71 5.3 V8"

You are King of the Road with this baby!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Good value, awesome power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Don't care for the V4 feature"

"Traded in a flawless GMC Duramax for this Sierra SLT with the 6.2 liter engine. It has less low end torque than the D-Max and took a bit of getting used to. The interior finish is superb and the ride is unlike any truck I have driven. The power of the 420HP L-86 engine leaves every other truck in the dust. The styling, although sedate, is still attractive. The exterior finish is absent the lousy 'orange peel' look so prevalent on the older GM trucks. I gave an excellent rating for most categories, but slightly lower for reliability as this is a first year model, however I have no issues to report. I have read about concerns over the headlight illumination and vibration issues, but I have not experienced either. I travelled up through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire last evening......75 MPH, solid on the road and great to drive!"

Wow, what a ride

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Great, smooth ride. Looks very cool!"

Cons: "Seat comfort"

"Bought a Sierra SLE Carbon Edition. Already drove it through snow, ice and mud and it handed like a dream. The 20 inch wheels make me feel like I'm on top of the driving world. LOVE the entertainment system and all the places to put things. My 2007 Sierra was a work truck trim so it was pretty bare-bones. My only complaint so far is that the seats seem cheap and are lacking a lot of padding and extra lumbar support. The interior looks very classy and will probably hold up better than the 2007 did."