2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,790 - $33,789.

10/7.8

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Super quiet and comfortable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Quiet Comfortable Powerful"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Other than a couple of recalls which were quickly rectified by the dealer this is the best truck for the money, Very roomy and comfortable and powerful. best technology in a truck."

New 2015 GMC 2500 HD SLT..BEST pickup truck EVER!

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Pros: "Love to drive her!"

Cons: "Wish it had an SSD in dash to store music/data."

"This truck is ever-ready & dependable. The ride, comfort + conveniences (options) are outstanding. No other brand pickup compares to the performance & comfort of this particular model GMC in this price range (perhaps, the Denali) but that seemed a bit too posh to venture out in on jaunts over rugged terrain. A very sensible yet elegant ride - a GMC Professional Grade pickup, indeed! Handling and operation of this 2500HD is a cinch - the installed technology (options) provide added assurance & safety. Gas mileage is as was expected 13 mpg city/19 mpg hwy. No complaints so far."

Best value

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "towing, gas mileage, sharp looking"

"Looked at several trucks, for the money GMC ranked the highest. Gas was a huge concern, GMC was the best among the V8s. A few small things - LED in the bed, movable tie-downs, and the step bumper are nice."

Bought GMC. NO Regrets!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Great "on-the-tow" & fine "off-road""

Cons: "Attn: exterior paint application"

"Now that i OWN the 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab (6.0L V8 Vortec) SLT 4x4 - Z71 Off-Road - i can relay some of my initial daily driving experience w/it as an owner. It gets better gas mileage than my old Jeep Cherokee V-6 2WD (both city/hwy mileage), so i can't kick. To all y'all that want better MPG's: you might best stick w/the ½ ton GMC Sierras w/Eco-Tec or Duramax engines - or whichever mfgr. brand you favor. As far as the "on-the-column" gear shifter (automatic transmission) - I didn't find mine to be "jerky" at all. My old vehicle had the on-the-console automatic shifter, & the 1 before that had gear shift on the steering column. Same function but shifting on-column is NOT something you ram or slam into gear, you "slow & easy" position the shifter into proper gear otherwise "you overshot the mark" & need to re-position to correct. I checked the on-the-column automatic transmission gear shift a bunch before I bought my 2500HD, on account i read a review posted here that made mention of "jerky" shifting probs. Mine works just fine & IF it DIDN'T, heck i WOULD'NT BUY it. Mine shifts proper & to my liking. The truck itself is a champ! On the subject of off-road, well, I'm NOT "ditch jumpin" w/it but the 4WD (hi & lo) is just plain fine, for general all-terrain purposes, IMO. Haven't hauled ultra "heavy" loads with it yet. Very glad i opted to have the 20" FORGED polished aluminum GMC wheels instead of 18" aluminum clad wheels. The factory spray-on bedliner is better than I expected. The paint around the very bottom of the chassis could've been finished better (I found one tiny 1/4" globule that formed a stray droplet along the very bottom edge of chassis to the outside rear of the wheelhousings- (slight "orange peel" finish) about which i was informed by more than 1 certified dealership's sales rep that GM applies a protective undercoat beneath exterior paint color alongside to the lower rear of truck. This undercoating near bottom edge of chassis is resident on most all 4x4 Sierras I inspected while shopping, and was/is limited to the area near the exterior rear wheelhousings. The uneven paint finish was found more in some than other model GM & Ford trucks I saw (i found that dealers are commonly blaming this on automated mechanical paint application). Its not the 1st time I had noticed this (in previous models of GM & Ford trucks, while looking to buy). In any event, it always pays to inspect quality of exterior paint job, top to the very bottom edges of the chassis. As a heavy duty truck the Z71 Sierra SLT sure performs & surrounds you w/safety features + deluxe amenities. Crew cab is roomiest. Drive 1 for about 15 miles, head up hill & down - run it city & hwy. It's fine. Good "on-the-tow" while utility trailering but have to take it out heavy hauling yet. I got the feel for all the "electro-techno" options (GMC + You Tube have loads a videos, & more tutorials-to-come) that make the ride even better. Most owners want or need to make use of a couple few GM Intellilink perks, now & again. I'm real pleased I bought the GM 3/4 ton Sierra - great heavy duty truck. Mine's chock-full of SLT options. Seems the HD Sierras aren't for the folks who are hunting a vehicle w/great gas mileage. I can say a Sierra 2500HD SLT is a wise pick as a sturdy built truck for anyine that requires heavy duty truck capabilities & appreciates totalitarianism comfort. "Yesterday or today", most often it's still a case of "you get what you pay for"."

First GMC

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride and very comfortable"

Cons: "Large turning radius"

"With only 1000 plus miles on our 2014 SLT crew cab it's to early to tell on the reliability factor. Its a very nice ride. Very quite cabin, very comfortable with the leather bucket seats, and nice interior design. Workmanship is excellent."

Very nice truck overall

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"my truck is still new and not broke in, but i am very happy so far. i'm getting around 16mpg driving everyday (and i'm kinda hard on my vehicles, so this is good for me) and went on a recent trip and got almost 21mpg. the interior is set up user friendly, and is very quiet going down the road. some of the new features (steps in bumper, under-rail lighting in box, trailer brake controller, etc) are very handy. my only gripe so far would be if you actually use this vehicle off road, the new wheel-well liners are a pain to clean once dirty (they are some sort of carpet material, i'm sure this has something to do with road noise)."

love this truck

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"drives better than any truck i have owned."

Very Good Truck!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Cabin room, quiet ride, and power."

Cons: "Navigation system, parking, small outside mirrors."

"I have had this truck for 8 months and am totally pleased with it. Great design and very comfortable and quiet. Cannot even tell my bass boat is in tow. The truck is a loaded Texas Edition. I have experienced two issued with the truck. One is with the heated/cooled front seats. The dealership has had to replace the blower and heating element in both seats. The second is a popping in the driver's seat when turning. I was told today that it is a common issue and that GM has just developed a fix and the parts were ordered by the dealership. Awaiting the parts now. The truck has the 5.3L engine with a 3.42 rear end and averages around 21.8 on the highway. I have owned numerous GM vehicles with the navigation system and this one with the Intellilink is not as good as the previous navigation systems. It is difficult to use and does not offer optional routes like the previous systems did. I travel a lot and constantly use my Iphone map to find the best routes. I normally do not purchase an extended warranty but plan to for this truck because of all the technology onboard."

Duramax? Yes please!! Denali? Yes please!!!

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "Stylish exterior, quiet interior, smooth/powerful"

Cons: "Rear passenger ventilation"

"I have had my truck for almost a year now. I have around 12k miles, and the truck is practically flawless. First off, one thing this truck should of come with is rear passenger ventilation. Believe it or not, the trucks giant cabin does not come with rear vents. The interior is a major upgrade over previous models & the exterior styling speaks for itself, especially the Denali option. The Duramax 6.6 liter turbo-diesel combined with the Allison transmission provides the best value for your dollar. The cabin is quiet, the technology is vastly improved, the engine is powerful (397HP, 765ft-lb torque), and the ride is extremely smooth in comparison to other HD trucks. The Duramax diesel option is fully capable for towing just about anything, and rates as one of the best in its class. This is a truck you can plan on keeping for a looong time. A truck you can pass down to other generations of family that will last."

it has custom lift kit lear 4 to5 inch high topper

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "all my friends want it"

"cutom lightning bolt stripping i have a bull gaurd with skid plate not installed yet 350.00 custom leather racing seats general motors rubber bed mat unbeliveably beautiful everyone wants it but i think its to early to sell with buying it last october and only 1100 miles"

I want my money back!!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Terrible MPG, not reliable!"

"I purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra with every extra you can think of! Total amount $56,000. I have taken it back three times to be repaired and I get 11.9 MPG. Towing is not as advertised. I do not trust it's reliability! I wish I could get my money back!! This is the best looking piece of garbage I have ever spent money on!!"

Excellent driving and safety.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driving and safety"

Cons: "Nothing negative for me"

"I have the 2014 SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB STANDARD, take a trip from Duluth, Ga. to Parama City Beach, FL. The distance was 434 miles exato and only has consumed 18 gallons, resulting in 24 MPG at 65-70 MPH... Very happy with the result, also the comfort and safety it's like to drive it. Excellent work of the GMC."

A real truck

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Creature comforts are amazing, powerful truck"

Cons: "chugs like a frat boy,"

"I got a 2015 2500HD Denali about two weeks ago. This truck was mine after about 40 minutes are the lot. Spent about 6 months previously looking at trucks. I looked a Chevy, Toyota, and Fords. After previously owning a ram I wasn't going back. This truck not only looks pristine, with the wife and family loving it, but its turbo diesel is quick and can easily handle own on a ranch. It might not have the "high MPG", but I got a truck to haul, that would have comfort, and this on hits the nail on the head to drive it home."

Comfortable city driving with muscles when needed

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, quiet, reliable, handles well"

Cons: "Hard to park, back seat not padded enough"

"The 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD is my primary vehicle. I commute long distances each day in heavy traffic, and the GMC is comfortable, safe, and drives easily. I also use the GMC to tow a large, hydraulic dump trailer typically loaded to the gills with 10+ K of construction debris. No problem for this truck. To my surprise, I am getting a solid 24 mpg in city driving. The first 12K miles I was only averaging 19 mpg. Suddenly at 15K miles the truck loosed up and I gained 5 mpg. ???? The only annoyance is that the length of the truck means parking options are fewer, something anyone who is trading up a car should consider."

Great Performer

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, horsepower, transmission, Driver information System, Payload, Towing capacity"

Cons: "Factory Paint, Factory Paint, Factory Paint, and Factory Paint"

"It was the reliability, lack of problems, and strength of performance that my '04 has shown that persuaded me to buy the 2011. ( I still have the '04 ) The 2011 Sierra SLE, ext cab,4x4 is a strong performer, Payload, tow power, and 17mpg make it a great half ton truck. My ONLY complaint is the factory paintjob which is so very thin. ( I had to have the hood and both fenders repainted at my expense inside the first 10k miles. ) This is supposed to be a truck, by definition it should be able to drive past a bush, without scraping the paint down to the bare metal. Pushing the snow off the hood ( with a soft brush ) should not ruin the paint. While the engine, transmission and frame are strong, GM cut corners when it comes to exterior protection. In daily use, this truck in destined to look like a "beater" in a very short time. I shudder to think what a (brush style) car wash would do to the paint."

Hard to believe it's a truck!

By on Friday, June 15, 2007

"Luxury, comfort, sleek styling, powerful, loaded to the hilt....a pick-up?! Yep, this truck has it all. I've had 2 Yukon SLT models and thought I'd never find a truck that was as comfortable but Boy! was I ever wrong. The Yukon's brother was the answer. Now I can haul or tow anything and still enjoy the smooth ride and enjoy all the extras that are standard on the Denali model. I had a compact truck when I had the Yukons to do my "dirty" work but buying this vehicle allowed me to handle the dirty work and do it in style. The AWD and the 6.0 engine reduces the gas mileage a bit but you know that going in so you shouldn't complain. This truck is worth having to pay a little more for gas, even with the mid-year '07 fuel prices."

Best Truck Ever!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"Was my first car I ever drove when I turned 16. Went everywhere in it, college, dunes, you name it. I've abused it quite a bit and its still a solid truck. Safe, reliable, and is a great truck all around."

2011 GMC SIERRA REVIEW. "i'm LOVING IT"

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I love the comfort and nice ride with the sierra. We test drove Ford etc... now the Ford has a couplE more bells and whistles when first looking at their products. BUt we returned to the GMC for its handling and nice ride. Its stlish, handle nicely with surprising power. THe other great features, the stereo quality out performed Ford, It's features are easy to use and at your finger tips. It comes with Onstar as a standard feature for safety. Plenty of room in the cab for full sized adults to ride comfortably, the rear seats flip up for extra storage when it rains. So, I could not ask for more in a truck than what I have here."

sweet ride

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "power looks style"

"This is one sweet ride> this is my 2nd gmc serria denali and i loved both of them."

Awesome truck!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

"It does everything I need it to and more. The only thing missing is the sunroof."