• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,639 - $33,438.

10/7.8

8.3

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Gmc sierra's best yet.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Ride,comfort,ease of instrument panel."

"I bought this truck In November. Owning 4 GMC'S Trucks dating back too 2002. This truck is by far the best of all. The ride is like driving in a Cadillac. The sound proof trim makes the ride so comfortable. The 4 wheel drive goes through snow like im driving on dry pavement. If your looking for a truck and i mean a real truck. Not ford,dodge,Toyota. This by far is the real deal."

You are King of the Road with this baby!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Good value, awesome power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Don't care for the V4 feature"

"Traded in a flawless GMC Duramax for this Sierra SLT with the 6.2 liter engine. It has less low end torque than the D-Max and took a bit of getting used to. The interior finish is superb and the ride is unlike any truck I have driven. The power of the 420HP L-86 engine leaves every other truck in the dust. The styling, although sedate, is still attractive. The exterior finish is absent the lousy 'orange peel' look so prevalent on the older GM trucks. I gave an excellent rating for most categories, but slightly lower for reliability as this is a first year model, however I have no issues to report. I have read about concerns over the headlight illumination and vibration issues, but I have not experienced either. I travelled up through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire last evening......75 MPH, solid on the road and great to drive!"

not as good as 2012 GMC

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "worst than previous model"

"Very disappointed in GM engineering. Interior dome lighting almost non existent. Headlights on SLT are terrible. Windshield wipers park below the glass and defrosters will not thaw them out if they are frozen down. Defrosters only blow in center of windshield, there are no diffusers to direct air to either side of windshield. Defrosters will not keep windshield clear when driving in snow. Can't imagine trying to plow snow with this truck. Boze speakers are a waste of 500 dollars. Bulges in hood reduce forward visibility."

Great truck!

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "A huge step up from last body style."

Cons: "None - yet."

"Upgraded to this truck from a 2001 Silverado and 2004 Titan. The thing that interested me in this year's remake was the fact that the truck no longer looks like a fleet truck (especially inside) as it did from 2007-2013. The interior styling and finishes are on par with other trucks in the class now (simulated leather wrapped dash, leather wheel, 8" screen, etc) and the exterior styling is much better looking in my opinion. GM has included updated features such as LED interior and bed lighting, electric power steering, and the Intellilink system. I have read complaints about the interior lighting, but I have no problem with it. The headlights are marginal, but the fog lights more than make up for the lack of main headlight power (at close range, anyway). The only issue I have noticed are that the transmission can be jittery through turns at times - may just be this truck."

Not Impressed

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "exterior styling rear bumper steps"

Cons: "lighting and electrical gremlins"

"Front doors are to small, headlights are a total joke, dome light not quite as bright as a match,gas mileage is poorer than my 2011 i traded. Three times I have used display to end a phone call the power seat moves ahead and the pedals back really gets your attention in town or on a two lane road."

Engineering issues

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "well thought out console and itrior storage space"

Cons: "lack of interior and exterior lighting"

"Very quiet ride. Nice looking. Steps in rear bumper great idea. Sharp looking interior. Great gas mileage. 19.6 mpg on 2800 mile trip carrying 900 lbs cargo. Engineers overlooked some small but important things. Projector headlights are terrible, no peripheral lighting on hi beams, interior dome lighting is bad, outside temp reading doesn't update frequently enough, speakers in front doors stick out too far and get kicked when exiting, piping on leather seats is very irritating when exiting or entering frequently, no provision to turn off auto door locks, infotainment screen is too bright for night driving and cannot be dimmed independently from the dash lighting, interior is super quiet but I still have to listen to the key fob rattle against the steering column on uneven roads, side mirrors are too small and can't see rear wheels with them, steering wheel mounted controls are no longer at your fingertips but are now smaller and mounted higher up and can't be felt with gloves on. Less vision out windshield compared to previous model. I use this truck for work and a lot of times at night with entry and exit at least 50 times a day. This truck is not as convenient or comfortable as the previous model."

Potential Truck of Year

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "N/A"

"Truck is awesome;ride is comfortable and so quiet. Voice activated steering wheel controls are convenient. Lights in bed truck at night a nice feature. Step up bumper makes easy entry to bed truck. Steering is very responsive and makes both driving and parking relatively easy. Parking sensors in both front and back another nice feature. The V-8 SLT Z71 mpg on the road has been as high as 23 miles per gallon (straight highway driving). Back seat has additional leg room than 2013 model. Storage compartments galore- including huge storage bin between front seats. Navigation system is the most user friendly I have ever had in a car. This is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned."

Very nice truck overall

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"my truck is still new and not broke in, but i am very happy so far. i'm getting around 16mpg driving everyday (and i'm kinda hard on my vehicles, so this is good for me) and went on a recent trip and got almost 21mpg. the interior is set up user friendly, and is very quiet going down the road. some of the new features (steps in bumper, under-rail lighting in box, trailer brake controller, etc) are very handy. my only gripe so far would be if you actually use this vehicle off road, the new wheel-well liners are a pain to clean once dirty (they are some sort of carpet material, i'm sure this has something to do with road noise)."

Nice truck but has problems with Lights

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Truck is stylish. Very quiet. Very little road noise. Pleasure to drive during the day. Has lots of nice features. HOWEVER, the headlights are absolutely terrible. Far too dim. Extremely hard to see on back roads. Wish I would a known this prior to purchase. Previous models have great LIGHTS. No excuse for this other other than poor engineering."

WOW what a truck.

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Quiteness, handling, technology"

"Traded my 2011 Silverado for this 2014 Sierra Crew Cab SLT and what a difference. It's like a luxury vehicle inside. Smooth and extremely quite ride. It doesnt even feel like your driving a truck. And I can beat my buddies ECOBOOST on this V8 with a better tow rating. The only negative would say is with the 3.42 rear end the gas miledge isn't much better than the 11 but it is still being broken in so I'll give it some time."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next