• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,581 - $33,426.

10/7.8

8.3

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

First GMC

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride and very comfortable"

Cons: "Large turning radius"

"With only 1000 plus miles on our 2014 SLT crew cab it's to early to tell on the reliability factor. Its a very nice ride. Very quite cabin, very comfortable with the leather bucket seats, and nice interior design. Workmanship is excellent."

Luxurious

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and quiet ride, good fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Audio interface sluggish and flakey"

"I recently traded a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 and a 2012 RAM 1500 Express to buy the 2014 GMC Sierra. My truck is a double cab SLE with the All-Terrain package, SLE Value package and the 5.3 V8 with 4.43 gearing. The only difference I can see in this truck and the SLT model with the same towing package are cloth seats (All-Terrain specific) on my truck and leather on the SLT models and the lack of adjustable pedals. Otherwise, everything is there. Here are some of my favorite features. Heated bucket seats, backup camera, Bose speakers (not listed on sticker or GMC materials, but clearly labeled inside the truck and sound quality is OBVIOUSLY better than other SLEs) and the center console. Except for the lack of leather on the seats, this is truly a luxury truck that is every bit as comfortable and quiet as the Mercedes I traded in. With the V8 and 3.43 compromise gearing (3.08 are the cruising and 3.78 are the towing) I so far am getting 17 MPG in suburban driving and 21 MPG in 75 MPH highway cruising on regular unleaded. In contrast, my old 2012 RAM with the 5.7 liter Hemi V8 and 3.98 towing gears would return 14 suburban and 18 highway. The new truck is super comfortable, very smooth on most pavement and extremely quiet, though you can definitely tell its a truck on poor road surfaces. I haven't tried the four wheel drive yet, but I love that it has an auto mode for heavy rain and can shift on the fly between 2WD, Auto and 4WD High. All Terrain package has the Z71 suspension with Rancho shocks and skid plates, so I'm sure this, with 4WD Low will make an excellent ride when the pavement ends. No issues so far other than the audio system responds sluggishly to commands (works though) and the USB is a bit flakey with my iPhone ."

Wish I'd bought something else

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, tows well, brakes good nice looking"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"Vehicle rides good, Center dash controls inconvenient and audio controls are overboard. Fuel economy terrible with gas engine. 7-9 towing. Overall 13.5 at best"

Excellent driving and safety.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driving and safety"

Cons: "Nothing negative for me"

"I have the 2014 SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB STANDARD, take a trip from Duluth, Ga. to Parama City Beach, FL. The distance was 434 miles exato and only has consumed 18 gallons, resulting in 24 MPG at 65-70 MPH... Very happy with the result, also the comfort and safety it's like to drive it. Excellent work of the GMC."

Best Truck I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior, responsive engine, great looks"

Cons: "I have no cons at this time"

"I got this truck in Feb 2014 and traded in a 2013 Chevy Silverado with about the same features. I was impressed with the looks, handling and new interior of the 2014 Sierra as it has been a great truck so far. I have read other reviews that were not so high on the truck but at this point it is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned Chevy's, Toyota's, Fords and Dodges and none of those trucks are anywhere as nice as this Sierra. It is a 1500 Double Cab 4X4 Z71 5.3 V8"

Very Good Truck!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Cabin room, quiet ride, and power."

Cons: "Navigation system, parking, small outside mirrors."

"I have had this truck for 8 months and am totally pleased with it. Great design and very comfortable and quiet. Cannot even tell my bass boat is in tow. The truck is a loaded Texas Edition. I have experienced two issued with the truck. One is with the heated/cooled front seats. The dealership has had to replace the blower and heating element in both seats. The second is a popping in the driver's seat when turning. I was told today that it is a common issue and that GM has just developed a fix and the parts were ordered by the dealership. Awaiting the parts now. The truck has the 5.3L engine with a 3.42 rear end and averages around 21.8 on the highway. I have owned numerous GM vehicles with the navigation system and this one with the Intellilink is not as good as the previous navigation systems. It is difficult to use and does not offer optional routes like the previous systems did. I travel a lot and constantly use my Iphone map to find the best routes. I normally do not purchase an extended warranty but plan to for this truck because of all the technology onboard."

I want my money back!!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Terrible MPG, not reliable!"

"I purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra with every extra you can think of! Total amount $56,000. I have taken it back three times to be repaired and I get 11.9 MPG. Towing is not as advertised. I do not trust it's reliability! I wish I could get my money back!! This is the best looking piece of garbage I have ever spent money on!!"

Gmc sierra's best yet.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Ride,comfort,ease of instrument panel."

"I bought this truck In November. Owning 4 GMC'S Trucks dating back too 2002. This truck is by far the best of all. The ride is like driving in a Cadillac. The sound proof trim makes the ride so comfortable. The 4 wheel drive goes through snow like im driving on dry pavement. If your looking for a truck and i mean a real truck. Not ford,dodge,Toyota. This by far is the real deal."

You are King of the Road with this baby!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Good value, awesome power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Don't care for the V4 feature"

"Traded in a flawless GMC Duramax for this Sierra SLT with the 6.2 liter engine. It has less low end torque than the D-Max and took a bit of getting used to. The interior finish is superb and the ride is unlike any truck I have driven. The power of the 420HP L-86 engine leaves every other truck in the dust. The styling, although sedate, is still attractive. The exterior finish is absent the lousy 'orange peel' look so prevalent on the older GM trucks. I gave an excellent rating for most categories, but slightly lower for reliability as this is a first year model, however I have no issues to report. I have read about concerns over the headlight illumination and vibration issues, but I have not experienced either. I travelled up through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire last evening......75 MPH, solid on the road and great to drive!"

not as good as 2012 GMC

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "worst than previous model"

"Very disappointed in GM engineering. Interior dome lighting almost non existent. Headlights on SLT are terrible. Windshield wipers park below the glass and defrosters will not thaw them out if they are frozen down. Defrosters only blow in center of windshield, there are no diffusers to direct air to either side of windshield. Defrosters will not keep windshield clear when driving in snow. Can't imagine trying to plow snow with this truck. Boze speakers are a waste of 500 dollars. Bulges in hood reduce forward visibility."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next