• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,853 - $33,860.

10/7.8

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Exceptional truck and great so far

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, capable, comfortable"

Cons: "Base V6 not up to serious loads"

"I now have 16,000 miles on my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4 All-Terrain Edition and can give a decent review. I purchased it with 3k miles on it and saved a bundle over the cost of a new one. This is my first GMC. I have owned Chevy, Dodge, and Ford. My last one being a 2004 F-150 XLT Crew Cab that had almost 200K miles when I gave it to my son. Hopefully this one will do as well. I looked at all the competition and the GMC seemed to offer the biggest bang for the buck. Mine has the SLE package, 20” wheels and the All-Terrain package which includes most everything I can ever imagine needing and much more luxurious that I am used to in a truck. I have a BMW and this is honestly better equipped. It has been flawless as far as reliability of the vehicle. No issues at all. My biggest regret is not shopping around for a 5.3 engine version. This one has base 6 cyl and it is lacking for power when trying to haul a heavy trailer. Without a load the engine is fine but if you’re going to haul, definitely look for one with the V8 engine options. Some have complained the headlights are weak but they seem fine to me. The sets seem a bit thin on padding but I have covercraft seat covers that include ¼ foam and they made a huge difference in long trip comfort. The lack of rear vents for the heating and AC seems to be the most foolish design flaw I have noticed. Kids in the back complain and BTW-kids are the only ones that will be comfortable in the back seat of the double-cab version. It’s a tight fit for adults. My mileage has bested at 23.5 mpg highway over a 350 mile run. My average per tank has been about 17 with mixed driving. My Ford averaged 14. Not a huge improvement but not terrible for a full sized truck. The bright side for shoppers looking for a used truck, the depreciation hit seems larger than Fords for the first year or two so you can get a good price if you shop around. I live in Virginia and went to Michigan to get this one and the savings we well worth it. Now if I can just quit spending on accessories…."

Duramax? Yes please!! Denali? Yes please!!!

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "Stylish exterior, quiet interior, smooth/powerful"

Cons: "Rear passenger ventilation"

"I have had my truck for almost a year now. I have around 12k miles, and the truck is practically flawless. First off, one thing this truck should of come with is rear passenger ventilation. Believe it or not, the trucks giant cabin does not come with rear vents. The interior is a major upgrade over previous models & the exterior styling speaks for itself, especially the Denali option. The Duramax 6.6 liter turbo-diesel combined with the Allison transmission provides the best value for your dollar. The cabin is quiet, the technology is vastly improved, the engine is powerful (397HP, 765ft-lb torque), and the ride is extremely smooth in comparison to other HD trucks. The Duramax diesel option is fully capable for towing just about anything, and rates as one of the best in its class. This is a truck you can plan on keeping for a looong time. A truck you can pass down to other generations of family that will last."

Quiet cab, comfortable ride.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Drives great, quiet interior, good gas milage, plenty of power. still getting use to the longer bed 6.5 vs my 2012 gmc's 5'8 bed. Truck pushes a little bit more than my previous truck in the corners. Overall great truck! I would bet the truck could be a little cheaper on the sticker price if GMC wouldn't have so many commercials on TV!"

Wow, what a ride

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Great, smooth ride. Looks very cool!"

Cons: "Seat comfort"

"Bought a Sierra SLE Carbon Edition. Already drove it through snow, ice and mud and it handed like a dream. The 20 inch wheels make me feel like I'm on top of the driving world. LOVE the entertainment system and all the places to put things. My 2007 Sierra was a work truck trim so it was pretty bare-bones. My only complaint so far is that the seats seem cheap and are lacking a lot of padding and extra lumbar support. The interior looks very classy and will probably hold up better than the 2007 did."

Super quiet and comfortable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Quiet Comfortable Powerful"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Other than a couple of recalls which were quickly rectified by the dealer this is the best truck for the money, Very roomy and comfortable and powerful. best technology in a truck."