• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 770 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

GMC Hybrid has been problem free.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "All around great truck"

Cons: "rear seat cupholders not so good."

"I buy a new pickup ever other year so I thought i would try a hybrid this time. I haven't spent a dime on it (not even brakes) in 80K miles. Rides great, everything works like new and I have consistently averaged about 17-19 on the highway and 21-22 around town where the hybrid kicks in. Lots of power as the electric gives it a boost. Only problem is the highway sweetspot is at 105-108 mph."

I guess the newnes is still here...lol

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I guess Im still happy from having a new truck.. Being a guy that never had much Worked my but off now i can afforn a nice new vehicle.. I pretty happy with mine. Dont have any complaints.... And I actualy like the salesman. I didnt want to ring there neck out after purchase... If God is willing My next one will be the the big Diesel.... Very Happy Camper...."

Best value for the money.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, classic looks, low ownership cost, reliable"

Cons: "interior styling lags behind Ford F150"

"Other than the interior styling (which I think Ford is light-years ahead of all other manufacturers), I have absolutely no gripes about this truck. I test drove the F150, Titan, Ram, and Tundra. The only truck I imediately nixed after driving was the Tundra (after driving the Tundra, I was completely disappointed and cannot understand the infatuation Toyota loyalists have with that truck...way over-hyped and over-priced, and if you don't believe me, drive one and then drive/price any of the other four...unless you are a Toyota apologist, you will be disappointed). The only truck that I actually liked better than the Sierra was the F150. However, considering I could get a comparably equipped Sierra for a few thousand $$ less, the Sierra was definitely the better value. So far, I've had absolutely no problems...even the original tires lasted over 60,000 miles. My family has owned a number of different makes and models of vehicles in the past, including Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. A client of mine encouraged me to check out GMC, as he runs GMC's for his business and routinely gets 300,000+ miles out of his work pick-ups. Definitely glad I did check out the Sierra. One of the best vehicles (car/truck/van) I have ever owned. Will definitely buy again if I can get another reasonable deal."

smooth ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "only driver door has keyed entry."

"This truck rides like a cadilac. Much much better that a chevy. Spend the extra money."

Great truck

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Reason: Moved to a bigger city, longer commute.

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas money"

"This was my first new vehicle, AWESOME!!!!! Loved every day having it. Would keep or get a newer model if my commute wasn't so far."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals