• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Great truck for the money.

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Great value, great quality, great looking"

Cons: "Plasticy Interior. Needs a std locking tailgate"

"I got a 2008 work truck with rubber floormats and manual windows and locks. The truck drives great, is very quiet, and gets 20mpg on the highway all day long. I've had no problems with anything in the first 3 years of ownership. My only complaint is that parts of the interior feel cheap, but I did get the base W/T. No rattles or squeeks though. The only options I have are cruise, XM Radio, A/C, and the Eaton Diff. I got the SL exterior appearance package, and I get compliments on my truck all the time. It looks like a $35k truck. You can't beat a brand new truck for $20k that has a 100,000 mi. warranty on the drivetrain."

Best truck out there right now

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "dependability and styling"

Cons: "no sunroof on standard models, only denali's :-("

"I love my sierra. I've had it for about 2 years now and have not had even one problem with it. Very dependable truck. The powertrain is good in both performance and fuel economy. I use it to tow a small trailer on occasion(roughly 5000-6000 lbs) without any trouble. Styling is great... I get compliments on it all the time. The quality of the components and the ride are both top notch. Bottom line, its a great vehicle."

Unbeatable for trailer towing and off roading

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Power, quality and comfort"

Cons: "Original tires"

"We bought this GMC 2500 HD Duramax 4X4 Z71 after our 2001 Tahoe was totaled in a crash. Prior to crash, we felt that our new 30 ft trailer was just a little too big for the Tahoe. The crash forced our hand and we decided to get the best we could afford. In addition to trailer towing, I drive onto the beach to walk our 4 dogs daily. The towing capability is unsurpassed. The vehicle is so stable, powerful and comfortable, that it makes towing a large trailer effortless. I pull mountain passes at 60 mph, in cruise control. Off road it is quite capable, even though it is big. I have gone just about anywhere I would have gone in my smaller Tahoe. It is very strong and capable. On the beach, the original tires were not up to the job. I upgraded to one size larger (285-70x17) and was quite pleased. The interior is well finished and the heated, power leather seats are the most comfortable seats my large body (6'2", 260#) has ever sat in. My son works for a large exclusive European dealership. Nothing he has given me a ride in is as comfortable. The back seat is huge, which is why we bought a crew cab, as that is where our 4 dogs ride in safety and comfort. This is likely the last pickup truck I will need to buy. Even so, after 2 years, the suggested retail price is still about the same as I paid for the truck 2 years ago. I have been so happy, that 3 of my friends in my coffee group have purchased new GMC pickup trucks. I love my truck!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

See if you qualify for