1999 GMC Savana 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 66 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

No safer Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"This vehicle is affectiately named Big Blue, she is a 1500 series conversion van. I have had her for 9 years, very dependable we pull 5,500 pound travel trailer, by the time my wife loads it up we are at the max of 6,600 pounds. Big blue pulls her with ease. I was following my wife home, she was driving big blue and my middle daughter was in the van. A reckless driver was on the highway doing 55mph cut my wife off and slammed on their brakes, I watch in horror as big blue crashed into the back of a camaro. The full frame of the vehicle and front end took the brunt of the impact. My family walk away from a scary accident. Big Blue was fixed and she is still serving this very thankful family."

Better than an SUV

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I love this van. Mine is a 2000 with about 88,000 on it and it is the most dependable vehicle I have owned. I have only had one repair that was major and it was a valve that in located in the transmission,which is a common repair in this transmission. The valve makes it start to shift hard at first gear when driving in heavy traffic and the repair only cost $400. It has run fine ever since. I get about 17 miles to the gallon in medium traffic and that is so much better than an SUV. It has nice big mirrors and big windows which gives it great visibility. It is roomy and has quad seating in the front and a large wide bench in the back that will seat three with plenty of room. Mine is a conversion and has a low top and has overhead lighting and entertainment built in to a cabinet and it makes vacations great."

Still going strong

By on Friday, January 01, 2010

"I purchased my 2000 Savana 1 ton cargo van straight from the dealer. As of right now it has over 225K miles. Still going strong. I haven't been great at changing oil and fluids on a timely basis, but it just continues to run and run. A couple of months ago I noticed an oil leak and a transmission fluid leak. The tranny leak was fixed by my son in 10 minutes (Old hose). I put in an oil stop leak a few weeks ago and I think the problem has gone away, but not conclusive yet. My mechanic says that to fix it would require fixing the engine seal. So for now I am holding off. I have had new brakes installed as needed, but engine and tranny run great. I use this van for my flooring business. It has always hauled what I needed it to haul."

Great work van

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I've had my 2000 Savanna Van for over 6 years and it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. I would trust it on any trip. It's not built for comfort, but for a nice dependable work van I would definately recomend this vehicle."

worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"This is the worst vehicle I ever owned. it is a 1997 GMC Savana conversion with a 5.0 V8. BOUGHT IT WITH 50,000 miles on it 6 years ago and it has had nothing but problems. From computer to fuel pump, water pump, rear end just rebuilt. It is a money pit!!! Never again will ever buy GMC Van. Junk."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Savana 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals