1997 GMC Savana 2500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 66 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Real Nice

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"I really like driving this van, I also like sitting up higher than the other drivers."

Best Sized up to a Ford

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"We owned a Ford 15 passenger prior to trading for our GMC. We went for the Savana because I did my homework and talked directly to a gentleman in charge of roll-over testing and the GMC came highly recommended by him. With our large family we have to have a van of this size. We felt we were living the life of luxury when we first stepped into the GMC. We are at the point now with our van now 7 years old that we would like to trade it in. We have no doubt that we will be looking for EXACTLY what we have now only newer. It will not let you down!! The only reason I give it a 4 stars in the quality department is due to the fact that some of the plastic pieces (ie. seatbelt guides) have broken."

Clutter Box

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"We have had this van for a few years it has a 5.7 ltr V8. It pulls. But it sucks gas like a John deere 9600. It's like a kings baby gets a new rattle every day, the motor and tranny dont seem to bad but its consructed way to cheap its just cheap plastic everywhere. It also doesnt have too bad of an interior. But i would NEVER recommend it the Ford E-150 we had before it was better"

Savana 3500 Cargo Great Work Van

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"As a professional carpenter who has worked out of my Savana 3500, I found it solid, heavy duty and built to endure the demands that are required to get any job done. With the Vortec engine, it has more power than normally needed. Excellent Van all around!!!"

savannas poor engineering

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"The engine runs great but the side doors seized just out of warranty. When I went to the dealership they told me to write the company and said 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'. Thanks GM. Driver and passenger doors are out of line also. Drivers seat is broken, armrest falling off and multiple electrical shorts throughout. I bought this new and it has had just normal usage but still fell apart way too soon! Within a year of purchase the back air conditioner went out and they had to 'scab' a repair because the parts were not available yet. All in all this GM Savana was pretty much a headache and a lemon. DO NOT BUY GM"S FULL SIZE VANS!!!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Savana 2500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals