1997 GMC Savana 1500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 66 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

No safer Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"This vehicle is affectiately named Big Blue, she is a 1500 series conversion van. I have had her for 9 years, very dependable we pull 5,500 pound travel trailer, by the time my wife loads it up we are at the max of 6,600 pounds. Big blue pulls her with ease. I was following my wife home, she was driving big blue and my middle daughter was in the van. A reckless driver was on the highway doing 55mph cut my wife off and slammed on their brakes, I watch in horror as big blue crashed into the back of a camaro. The full frame of the vehicle and front end took the brunt of the impact. My family walk away from a scary accident. Big Blue was fixed and she is still serving this very thankful family."

Best Sized up to a Ford

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"We owned a Ford 15 passenger prior to trading for our GMC. We went for the Savana because I did my homework and talked directly to a gentleman in charge of roll-over testing and the GMC came highly recommended by him. With our large family we have to have a van of this size. We felt we were living the life of luxury when we first stepped into the GMC. We are at the point now with our van now 7 years old that we would like to trade it in. We have no doubt that we will be looking for EXACTLY what we have now only newer. It will not let you down!! The only reason I give it a 4 stars in the quality department is due to the fact that some of the plastic pieces (ie. seatbelt guides) have broken."

Clutter Box

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"We have had this van for a few years it has a 5.7 ltr V8. It pulls. But it sucks gas like a John deere 9600. It's like a kings baby gets a new rattle every day, the motor and tranny dont seem to bad but its consructed way to cheap its just cheap plastic everywhere. It also doesnt have too bad of an interior. But i would NEVER recommend it the Ford E-150 we had before it was better"

Real Nice

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"I really like driving this van, I also like sitting up higher than the other drivers."

Savana 3500 Cargo Great Work Van

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"As a professional carpenter who has worked out of my Savana 3500, I found it solid, heavy duty and built to endure the demands that are required to get any job done. With the Vortec engine, it has more power than normally needed. Excellent Van all around!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Savana 1500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals