1999 GMC Savana 1500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 65 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Got as a work van... had no maintenance records

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "ample room and power"

Cons: "trim pieces falling off inside. seats sag"

"After getting it on a partial trade, I took it to get transmission checked, mechanical check, exhaust check (found a broken exhaust mount) and had all the rims and tires replaced (just for looks). I hit a pothole and the van started skipping... took to mechanic and found that the original spark plugs were rusted into the head. they got everything out ok and has been running good since. changed the starter, had to have the rear shock mounts re welded (had fallen out before I bought, but never realized it until one fell out and dragged on the ground), carries two cubes of brick in the cargo area. tows anything! gets about 10mpg... loaded or not. I am paranoid about things breaking so I keep it very well maintained and i guess that is the key to keeping an old work van reliable. I recommend it to anyone in the woodworking biz..."

Great travel vehicle

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

"Great for a family"

reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Cons: "crashed"

"backed into a pole at about 40 mph and shes still kickin"

A great deal!

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Large interior, comfortable, great tow vehicle"

Cons: "Large exterior, gas mileage, city driving"

"We bought our 2001 Savanna SLT with 95,000 on it 4 years ago. It is very comfortable and roomy: The SLT was a limited offered luxury package where the two rows behind the driver's seating are pushed back and take up the room that was used for three rows. We have four teenagers. There is so much room that my 6 ft tall son bought an ottoman to put his feet up on. Strong and durable: We used this vehicle to tow a 25 foot travel trailer. We have made two trips out west from upstate NY to Yellow Stone and The Grand Canyon. The 5.7 pulled the travel trailer with 6 people, a dog and two weeks of stuff over the Rockies with no issues. We also drove through 106 degree weather in Arizona at 75 plus speeds. No issues. Reliable: For the most part there have been no issues other then the fuel pump needing to be replace, a water pump and a radiator at 120,000. It's not a Toyota, but it isn't that bad. Mileage: It gets up to 17 mpg on the highway if you drive under 65mpg. Mixed driving in city and highway yields about 14 mpg in the winter and towing gives you about 10 mpg. Interior/Exterior quality: Better than a Ford full size, these interiors were done by Lear Corporation. Lots of cup holders. Annoyances are fit and finish. Looks good from 10 feet. Summary: If you need a large vehicle for a big family and need to tow, these are a great deal, much cheaper than a full size SUV. It beats out a Suburban 10-1 in terms of room."

Geat work vehicle

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reason: new car

"I used this car for my cleaning Business and never gave me any mayor trouble."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Savana 1500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals