1999 GMC Envoy

8.3

Based on 42 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Great vehicle: to a point

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Cons: "repair costs on certain items"

"I've had this vehicle for 11 years and have loved it (had 11K miles on it when I purchased it). Had a couple problems early on (4WD and transmission) but since then it's been great until the driver's side low beam lamp went out. To replace this (ignitor and ballast), almost all the front end assembly has to be removed to gain access and add to that, the parts cost over $1400!! Add to this the labor cost and it's close to or at $2000 (almost half the value of the vehicle)! Keep in mind that this is only the driver's side low beam. This has really put a bad taste in my mouth about the GMC."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I've owned my envoy for a little less then a year now and am overall pretty satisfied with it. I have had a few issues with it being that I bought it used and should have been taken care of by the dealer but I got the short end of a "scam" of a dealer. The suspension on the vehicle is known to have a bounce to it. Regardless of shocks and struts being replaced. Sway bar is durable and not an issue on these models. Feels like you're riding in a boat going 70 down the highway. Other then that , the vehicle is reliable and runs great.. Has great pick up. 4wheel drive works great for MI winters. The truck is a bit compact and narrow compared to other SUV's I have driven , but its just me that typically drives in it. Not really recommend for a family of 4 or more! Overall great vehicle. I love all the options on it and it looks clean and classy"

The best truck I've ever had!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "only gets 18 miles to the gallon"

"I bought this truck used from a family. I have had it 9 years. I absolutely love it. It is comfortable. It has lots of room. It drives great in the snow. I feel safe in my truck. I would buy another one in a second!"

Love it

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Great driver"

Cons: "Wish had a bench seat"

"Love this vehicle , hate to sell it but need a pick up I have owned this for 8 years had very little trouble with it enjoy driveing it comfortable quiet easy to manuver , cant praise it enough ."

fantastic car, but expensive parts

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"I loved by 98' GMC Envoy. When we bought it almost 4 years ago, I was dead set against a SUV, until I took a test drive! Not too big, not too small, the perfect combination of SUV and Luxery car. The inside has all the bells and whistles, heated seats, 6 disc changer, Bose Sound, step rails, rain guards. Unfortunatly we were in an accident and the SUV didn't hold up against the battle with the guard rail on a winters night! I wish they weren't totaling it out, but the parts are very pricing for the 98 and 99 Evoy's. A replacement headlight is almost $1,000 and only the dealer can replace them. We had the 4x4 replaced about 3 years ago, and recently the air suspension gave out. All costly fixes, but the car was worth it. The total loss adjuster said it was so sharp it looks 5 years newer that it really is. Gas milage is decent as well. I run about 17 city/ 19 highway. If you can find one of these cars out there, and you have the cash for the repairs then you have lucked into one fantastic vehicle. Good Luck!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Envoy near Honolulu. See local deals