2006 GMC Envoy XL

Based on 928 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Reliable and great in snow

By on Monday, February 01, 2016

Pros: "Passing power, towing, driving in snow, reliable"

Cons: "Had a few electrical problems and average radio."

"Bought my Envoy with 75,000 miles and now have 211,000. This has been a great SUV. Normal replacement of tires, filters, spark plugs, brakes, etc. Still runs great and does really good in snow! I would buy another if they still made them. The Terrain is too small and the Acadia is to big...The Envoy was just the right size and built on a truck frame."

I love this Envoy

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"I have owned this vehicle since July 09 and love it. Plan on keeping for many more years. The only problems I have had is the water pump and a temperature sensor went out on me and I have had to clean the throttle body out twice (carbon build up will make it run very rough and even cut off). The value has dropped significatly since I bought it but I guess that goes for most cars. I just recently added trailblazer SS wheels and lowered it a little to give it the stance I wanted. Fuel milage is not very good considering the size. I average about 16MPG."

Awesome vehicle

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "great"

"I have owned this vehicle for over 7 years. I love it. I would buy another one if they still made them. It is the best driving and handling vehicle I have ever owned."

2006 Envoy XL Good SUV

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"I have had this car for about 4 years now...bought it new in 2006. This was the first SUV I have owned and it took me 6 months of research and shopping around to finally decide. I have put about 74,000 miles on it and still runs great. We have taken it across the US quit a few times with no problem whatsoever. The only things we have had a problem with were the fuel gauge and a bearing under the hood...both of which were covered under warranty. At about 25,000 was the repair for the gauge and at 72,000 for the bearing. (Thank God for extended warranties.) Neither of which made it impossible to drive the car. The only thing I didnt like was the loud humming noise the car would produce in idle and while accelerating...but come to fine out that is common and it is because of the bearing under the hood needing to be replaced. So for those of you who may have this similar problem that could be the reason for it. Another is the gas mileage is not the greatest but the car is so comfy to travel in that it makes up for it. Those of you looking to purchase an Envoy I would say go for it...I have the XL which has been taken away and Replaced with the Acadia but the 5 seater is still out there. If looking for a 7 seater I would say go for the Acadia...that is also a good vehicle to own. I have absolutely no regrets in the purchase of this vehicle.... it fits my family of 6 great and I couldnt ask for more."

Not my favorite GMC Vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reason: Noisey

Pros: "Easy drivier, nice looking, comfortable"

Cons: "To noisey, to many electrical issues"

"Bought this vehicle in Dec 2008 new. Car was nice looking Inside and Outside. Always very noisey with air coming in at high speed. Engine whines a little as well. Replaced battery 2nd year. Replaced alternator this year. This was my wifes daily driver. Constant problem with lights on dash coming on and off. (Air Sensor, Engine, traction.) This was the last year for the Isuzu Motor in GMC . Traded it for new Highlander, this vehicle only had 50,000 babied miles on it. Just made me to nervous to keep it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Envoy XL near Honolulu. See local deals