• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
2012 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

Only Barely Below a Perfect 10!

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Hauls like a team of horses; Super comfortable"

Cons: "17 city/23 hwy only drawback, but it's a truck!"

"I purchased this truck for my landscaping business and it never disappointed! Even with its short bed, I've hauled 30 three- and five-gallon shrubs/trees; "two scoops" of crush-and-run; 20 bales of straw. Filled with any of these, it has power enough to accelerate out of its own way onto the highway, or around potential hazards. Unloaded, of course, it's even zippier, but it still gets a respectable 23 Hwy MPG (17 city). Handling is tight with responsive brakes; excellent turning radius for ANY type vehicle; 5 cylinders makes it feel like a more powerful truck. The extended cab is big enough to accommodate myself plus three grown men and a cooler; or myself, a passenger, and two large dogs (60"

Ran her hard for 1 straight week.

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"This is my first review so bare with me. I ecieved this canyon as a rental replacment for my poor poor wreck car. I have now had this truck for 1 week and i already managed to rack up 600 in city miles(Delivering Various Commodities). I have almost nothing to complain about either. As being a delivery guy i always hate something about every car i have ever driven. It also seems most cars show their flaws to me in record times lol. This truck has held up very well though. It's comfort, style, and performance almost make me forget its a truck at times, but when i take a corner with any speed i feel that notorious body roll thats custom to a truck. Even with that it still handles well. I would have to say my favorite thing about the truck is the little button on the dash above the radio, that disables the TCS!! Push it and hammer down! I had lots of fun with this truck. PROS Fun truck for a small family Better than usual mpg CONS Truckish body roll I can't keep it =("

Great Truck Tranny should have been tougher!

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Excellent looking, quick, great in snow"

Cons: "Needed head work warranty @ 7k miles. trans @52k"

"I bought the truck new in 2006. Crew cab. Automatic tranny. Had a spray in bed liner. Had a fisher plow LD mounted on it at the dealer and only this blizzard of 2013 with 36 inches of snow proved a bit too much for my baby! However, it did drive in 2 solid feet of snow once you kept it moving.! The tranny blew at exactly six years and 52000 miles but it did plow five winters and about 3000 driveways. I will definitely recommend this truck. My family drives it reliably. Had a head displacement issue taken care of under warranty and truck drives great now."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted