• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 GMC Canyon Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 291 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

can't imagine driving anything else

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

"roomy, comfortable, plenty of power, great looks, quiet. I can't imagine driving anything else. I love my 5 Cylinder GMC Canyon."

Good Truck

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, looks good"

Cons: "Bad stock sound system, interior could be a little nicer"

"This truck has been very good to me. It rides great and has given me little trouble. the bass mileage is not great but it isn't bad either. It is a great truck for someone looking for a midsize truck, the truck is not too big and it is not too small. The only thing I didn't really like about the truck was the stock sound system, it was terrible! (I replaced the old sound system) Overall it is a great truck and gets the job done."

new 2010

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

"got mine back in sept. z71 off road pkg. so far it has proved itself a nice solid truck. fun to drive. had one water leak around the drivers side kick panel that the dealer promptly fixed."

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"Over all a great truck! Lots of power for a small truck."

Quality Truck

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I bought my 2006 GMC Canyon in June of 2006 with 23 miles on it, and overall it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Other than normal scheduled maintenance, it has never been to the shop. The only issue that I can think of is one of my own fault: I bought the regular cab when I should have gotten the extended cab for the extra space. I would definately recommend this truck to other people."

good value

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Bought new in 06. tires wore out at 19k miles. New wranglers have 18k on them and are still like new. front and rear brakes also wore out way too early. Gas milage is so so. Rides good, has good power."

Great truck

By on Monday, September 27, 2010

"Owned almost 2 yrs. no major issues. Very good ride and comfortable for an off road vehicle, tows my boat without any strain. The 5 cyl has plenty power gets average 19 mpg combined in hilly terrain goes very well off road most places use only 2 wheel. thats pretty good for southeast Ky. mountains."

NICE TRUCK

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"5 CYC HAS LOTS OF POWER"

Solid buy

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Purchased my 2005 Off Road Canyon new, it has 73000 miles and still looks new. Other than a clitch with the driver seat warmer, I have not had any problems until recently. For about 2 blocks, the clutch fan seems to race in first gear when the engine is cold. I need to get that fixed (expecting a $300 to $400 repair bill). I like the ride and the gas milage is within the expected range. The leather seats still look new and the Rhino bed liner has kept the bed free of dents and scratches. The turning radius is poor due to the oversize off road tires (the only reason I did not rate 5's across the board). When the time comes, I will not hesitate to replace this truck with a new Canyon."

reliability

By on Sunday, May 30, 2010

"I bought an extra cab, Z71 with an I5 eng. new in 05.I have over 167,000 miles and only a couple of minor problems.It tows really well, I use it to tow my 2000lb boat.The locking diff. comes in handy when useing the slippery boat ramps. The accelaration and tourqe are a big plus."

Decent Truck

By on Friday, April 09, 2010

"I was originally looking at Chevy Colorados but for some reason local dealers didn't seem to want my business. After hearing about the Canyon being basically the same truck I walked into a local GMC dealer and there it was - my future Inferno Orange, 4x4 SLE Crew Cab Canyon. I like this truck, the I5 is more than sufficient to pull its relatively light weight off the line. I have a tow package but haven't pulled anything yet. My biggest complaint would be the interior wind with the windows even slightly down. In my other car if the front windows are fully down and the rear half way, you barely feel the wind on the highway, just refreshing breeze. In the Canyon its a virtual tornado inside, you better not have any loose papers or lightweight objects lying about because they'll go out the window! I have to try side window visors, hopefully those will help. Couple of minor trips back to the dealer to fix the OnStar, clear up a check engine light, and tighten up a suspension squeak - but otherwise no serious problems after 1 year & 20000 miles. Good looking truck, have had more than one compliment on its styling..."

fair truck

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"had my 2004 crew cabfor3 years lots of little fixes-leaky roof fuel tank sensor 3 times inside of tires wear alinged but say its the vehicle gas mileage only about 2 mi better than fullsize"

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nice truck for what it is.

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"2006 SLT CC 4X4 Z71 5 cylinder auto. 80k miles so far with only a dirty TPS sensor when the moron at the lube center left the air cleaner top loose. Pulls light trailers, less than 2000 lbs fairly well, although I wish GM had put the 4.2 I6 or 4.3 V6 in it. Steering is a little numb, but the ride and off-road performance is good provided you don't high center due to the low ground clearance. Fuel economy on the road is 22 and in town 17. Comfort is good front and back. Low range is difficult to engage. Needs a tow-haul mode for the transmission. Good performance when lightly loaded, but a little underpowered when full of people or hauling a trailer. All in all, I would buy another one. Had a Toyota pickup that made a nice car, but kept breaking when I used it like a truck. I have a 2500HD Duramax for the heavy stuff, but this GMC Canyon is suited pretty well for the light stuff and commuting."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I bought my 2006 canyon brand new when I worked for GMC. I have over 50k miles on it and have never had one issue with it. It's been a great truck, very reliable and useful. The ride is very very comfortable for a truck and the gas mileage is unbelievable. We get better gas mileage with this truck than with our small 5-speed maunal sedan on the freeway. I have gotten many compliments on the styling and I often hear people talking about what a good looking truck it is when im walking into a store from the parking lot. I've sold lots of GMC and chevy trucks and this was the one i chose to buy for myself. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a truck. almost 5 yrs later and i couldnt be happier."

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

Fits My Needs

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"So far this has been a good truck. The 3.7L I-5 has plenty of power and is a good match to the 4L60E transmission. It does fine towing a 3000 pound trailer. I've been a little disapointed with the fuel economy. I get around 16-18 with my normal city/highway commute and 21-24 on the highway. My biggest complaint is the uncomfortable seats. I like the way the truck steers and brakes, and the performance in snow is great. If I would have got a truck with the bucket seat option, the overall rating would have been "good" instead of average."

Many problems No help

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I purchased new 06, at 19,000 miles the engine light came on and had to replace the heads. Dealer did fix no questions asked but had the car for a week. Paint on the doors next to the windows is peeling away. Dealer said it was because I put so many miles on the car. The front brake system requires special tool according to NTB. $745 for brake job. Vehicle does not hold value at all. Just looked up a 2009. retail $27,000 new. Same truck with 1000miles is KBB at $21,000. You lose $6 in value with every mile!"

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

Good Work Truck - Nothing More

By on Sunday, December 14, 2008

"This is a good small work truck. I don't recommend it over-all. It doesn't hold any resell value, it has poor internal design, poor over-all HP compared to Toyota and Nissan compaq trucks. VERY POOR TOW RATING."

Z71 SLE I5 REG CAB

By on Saturday, September 20, 2008

"I have a SLE Z71 reg cab with the I-5 and 4 10 gears and rear locking diff. Stock except 32" BFG ATs . This truck preforms great on road and off with better mpg than my tacoma 4 banger. number one truck and I love it long time ... after 60k mls of off road and heavy use I have not had it in the shop once. just change the oil and add gas thats it ! Best truck I have owned !"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 29, 2008

"I am the original owner of my Canyon Extended cab 5 cyl automatic 2WD Z85 4 door RWD pick up truck; Overall the truck is GREAT. I use this vehicle as a service truck. It always has quite a bit of weight on it with all the tools and parts I carry. The 5 cyl engine gives me plenty of power and the speed I need traveling Central Fl. With a ladder rack I average 18mpg, with out the rack I average 19.5 mpg overall. I just turned 100k miles and the only vehicle repairs have been new tires and a battery. This truck is a proven reliable vehicle that offers good looks, good gas mileage and an affordable price to own."

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"bought vehicle used @11000 miles,now has 52,000. put michelin tires @ 13000 to replace general oe tires. much better handling since."

Great truck

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"I have a 2005 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE2 with the Off Road package. Best truck I've ever owned. The ride is better then Toyota,Nissan, Ford, or Dodge mid-size trucks and it is very quite on the highway. I have the I-5 engine and it has plenty of power for towing. I get great gas mileage 21 in city 28 highway. I run full synthectic oil in it and have a K&N air filter on it. I bought it new and have 45,000 miles on it; with no problems. I think it is the best mid-sized pickup out there and the most underrated. I highly reccomend this truck; don't waste your time looking at the other mid-sized trucks. Canyon has a lower price and is a better truck period; plus it has the best gas mileage by far."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Canyon Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals