2009 GMC Canyon Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Reliable Truck

By on Thursday, April 16, 2009

"I own the 3.5. I have heard the 4 cylinder engine is not so great, but I have to say the 3.5 seems to be the perfect sized engine for this truck. Plenty of power, reliable and efficient on fuel. I do a fair amount of city driving and almost always get 20+ per gallon. I have been very happy with this truck...going on 4 years. The only issue appears to be the AC. It hasn't failed, but I have had to recharge it a few times, and occasionally blows warm and cold."

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

best safe crash vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"I once owned a caynon and hade it only about four months. It was a 2005 model crew cab two wheel drive. I had hydroplaned on I-10 at 70 mph and hit a concrete over pass head on and the truck did what it was suppoes to do. except one thing. The air bags did not deploy like they were suppost to. And no one will tell me why. The good part was I had walked a way with only a bloody nose because I was wearing my seat belt."

Super dependable...

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, nice ride for a little truck..."

Cons: "Interior is plain but it is a work truck :-)"

"I have almost 200k on this truck and I have had no major repairs except the screens and U joints. I would buy another."

Very Good Truck

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"I have over 210,000 miles on my 04 Crew Cab. Have had an issue with the fan blower since almost day one and the driver side window has been a headache of late but that didn't start until waaaaay past 130,000 miles. Outside of these couple of things it's been a great purchase. Gas mileage is 19 -23 and plenty of power for towing and moving up and down the road. Finish on exterior has been great as it's not been garaged ever and still looks brand new. I will buy another one once I get another 100,000 out of this one then hand down to my 16 year old son!!"

This truck is okay.

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I personally have had many problems with the truck. I have had it for 3 years and have already had to replace the starter once, almost twice. I don't experience very much get-up and go from the truck and am afraid to pull anything too heavy. It gets pretty good gas mileage when it is just me in the car. With more people or carrying more items the mpg gets much worse. It is really great for getting in and out of tight spots. It turns much like a car and can manuever much better than a truck. It does occasionally lose rpm's and almost die or the rpm's will go really high and the truck will start shaking, but that happens very rarely. The dealership has not been able to find the problem but has helped in every other possible way. The truck has not been a bad purchase but I will not ever own another."

This incredible crew cab GMC Canyon runs super.

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great deal,cool to drive, tight ride."

Cons: "Can haul small loads or small boat."

"The style is classic GMC. Excellent. It drives like a dream; stays solid on the road; firm suspension. The dark teal with metal fleck; a great color for camo addition or keep it original: classic chrome trim. The transmission is quite smooth and Canyon maintains full power with the AC and premium stereo bumpin'. Tinted windows - tight."

Very Reliable, Goo buy!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, Always starts, Runs well"

Cons: "Bit to small, lacks a bit of power"

"Great Truck"

Good looking truck-nice driving. Comfortable

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable to drive. GMC fan."

Cons: "Needs more storage spaces."

"Wish the truck had more "cubbies" for stuff like sun glasses, cell phone. Love the sunroof and sound system."

Outstanding midsize truck

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, love the exterior, reliable"

Cons: "center console design, gas mileage"

"Bought new and properly cared for from day 1 ( 5 Cylinder engine, 4x4 Auto). Hasn't required a single trip to the dealer aside from cheap, routine preventive maintenance. Great ride, handling, looks, and comfortable interior. The interior is pretty basic but it's a truck not a luxury vehicle. Auto headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror, heated leather seats, cold A/C, power windows"

best truck ever. so quite you don't know it's on.

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

"Try it, you'll like it."

Love my Canyon!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Worth every penny I spent and fun to drive"

Cons: "Back end slides easily"

"I finally got the truck I always wanted! Other than the back end having a tendency to slide around easily due to it being so light and the gas mileage not being the greatest there isn't anything about this truck I don't like. I don't worry about the gas mileage too much due to the fact I have larger off road tires on it. I'm sure they aren't helping the mileage. I enjoy driving my GMC. It's very comfortable, travels nicely and I feel VERY safe in it during the winter when I put it in 4-wheel drive. When I am ready for my next truck it will be another Canyon. The newer versions now have traction control to help with the sliding of the back end."

Nice driving truck.

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Nice driving. Decent mpg for 4x4"

Cons: "Paint chips on gravel roads."

"Needed a 4 wheel drive module (Taken out by corn stalks?) and had 1 repair under warranty. Can handle a good sized load even with the 4 cyl. 21 mpg carrying a heavy load on not all highway driving. Nice interior. Back seats very small. Get the good tire flaps to protect your paint. Throttle and brake pedal a little close together if you wear BIG boots. Has lots of nice features including message center for oil life and tire air pressure. Seats pretty comfortable."

Many problems No help

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I purchased new 06, at 19,000 miles the engine light came on and had to replace the heads. Dealer did fix no questions asked but had the car for a week. Paint on the doors next to the windows is peeling away. Dealer said it was because I put so many miles on the car. The front brake system requires special tool according to NTB. $745 for brake job. Vehicle does not hold value at all. Just looked up a 2009. retail $27,000 new. Same truck with 1000miles is KBB at $21,000. You lose $6 in value with every mile!"

Good little truck

By on Monday, June 01, 2009

"I have had a basic verson, regular cab, no carpet manual trans, and I love it. It's dependable, gets great gas milage. I average about 26mpg with my 4 cylinder, It is a perfect size to haul a 4 wheeler. I only had a couple small problems with it when it was under waranty but the dealer fixed it fast and hasn't been an issue since. Then only regret is that it is not equiped with cruise control, on long trips it's hard to maintain speeds and stretch out"

Best Small Truck Ever

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"This is a basic work truck. It works great, drives well, is good in snow, the two wheel drive is grippy in bad weather. Its cheap to maintain. Enough said."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Had this baby for 1 year and half now put 22000 miles on her. I love this truck more stock power than any other mid size truck! Overcomes anything. Unstoppable. Just wish the back seats had a little more room."

Its OK

By on Monday, November 03, 2008

"It's been an ok vehicle, it does have some noises since day one and I did take it back to maintenance but it did not help at all. Plus my right signal light and headlight have been a problem after about 6 months that I bought this truck and I bought it new. also when it rains water comes in the back of the cab and the maintenance team said the they were not responsible my extended warranty did not cover that. So the only thing about the deal was the 0% finance. But I will not go back to buy another Cayon."

too many problems

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"this thing has been in the shop 5 times in 10 months.exhaust system twice,torque converter,catalytic converter,loose wire to transmission, & numerous bolts & brackets coming loose.the folks at the rental car agency know me well"

Typ GMC- very good 2 wd

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"Better milage (24) than my 99 or 01 Sierra (20) Completely satisfied after 3 + years"

Economical Pickup

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"I bought this pickup when gas was less than $2 per gallon, now that gas has doubled am I glad to get over 23 MPG! I had a full size V8 before this pickup, and the Canyon out performs it. Great ride, looks good. I like it!"

Z71

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Black reg cab Z71 SLE I-5 auto 4:10 gears I recommend the 4:10 gear option , this matches drivetrain better . I have driven a quad cab with 3:73 gears and it felt like a slug compared to mine with the 4:10s . I bought a reg cab for better offroad perfomance , better breakover with out having to lift it . It does extremely well offroad with the rear locker on the Z71 . When pushed beyond limits the plastic on the front and rear bumpers will be damaged otherwize handles abuse well . Last two vehicles where both toy tacomas and this gmc is a much better truck in all areas from better mileage , more power , much more stable . Check out the reg cab , biggest reg cab Ive seen , Im 6 foot and have all kinds of room . Three years and has not had any problems , none , not once in the dealership never , just oil and tire changes . Thats it . I love my GMC Canyon !"

Great Little Truck

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"I traded my 2004 Sierra because of the gas prices, I miss the full size pickup but do not miss getting 14 mpg, now I get 22 mpg. The OEM tires that come on the truck are terrible and dangerous to say the least, hydroplanes all the time and rear traction stinks. Replaced tires with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires all nines on the traction rattings and now I have a great little truck, I think I will keep it for a long time."

Great truck!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Plenty of room with good gas mileage."

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Canyon Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals