2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,513 - $37,392.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 446 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Not what I thought

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Heads-up"

Cons: "Rear window too high, V-6 engine, electrical"

"I bought this car used just over one year ago.I have had Chevys in the past. Loved my Tahoe and Trailblazer. I was looking for a crossover with better fuel economy yet the pizazz of the SUV. What a disappointment! Even on highway driving within the speed limit this AWD does not perform better than 17mpg! I should have stayed with my 2005 Trailblazer! I especially do not like the high rear window. You cannot see what is behind u without using the rear camera. The use of the DVD for the grandkids is terrible. Once down , you cannot see out your rear view mirror. So now, no rear view mirror and no view from rear window. Yikes! Much like the Chevy Navigation, very poor. Does not use satellite to update roads etc. Disk is non-functional and outdated. I use my Apple I-phone instead. V6-poor pick up, engine is whinny. Had it for less than 1 month and pad on parking brake fell off. Headlight went out and they have replaced it, out again and now are telling me it is electrical! Tires needed to be replaced within 3 months of owning. BEST UPGRADE: Heads-up!! I love it and would get it on any other car I purchase."

Worst car ever

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Roomy space"

Cons: "Fuel economy, Styling, Price, Trunk space"

"Very bad fuel economy. Window sticker said mpg is 16 city, but we got 10mpg. The price is higher than the chevy traverse and ford explorer. Some people said the styling is horrible."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"Great look, very reliable, very functional."

really nice vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "no driver information center"

"Perfect vehicle for taking a foursome golfing. Plenty of room for 4 people, 4 sets of golf clubs. The "grey ghost" has a great smooth ride. The rear air conditioner is great for back seat riders and allows the front seat riders to have a comfortable ride because the driver doesn't have to put air on full to get to back seat. Engine has plenty of power and very good acceleration. This is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great vehcicle for drive comfort and utility

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Room and comfort - Good power and driveability"

Cons: "Higher ownership costs for maintenance"

"We have owned this vehicle for about 6 months and put on about 7,000 miles. We purchased it used from a dealership. We added a towing package and the V-6 has plenty of power for passing and towing. It does not get the best milage ranging between 18 - 24 mpg. It is very comfortable and has the third row seating which is convenient if you wish to haul a crowd. Seats hid away allowing lots of room for hauling items. The hatch back open wide enough so you can load things easily. It is easy to get around in traffic and is confortable on the highway. It rides a little rough, but then it is an AWD larger vehicle and I generally expect the ride. We traded off a 2004 GMC Sierra pickup on this vehicle. We had purchased the 2004 Sierra new and found many of the same reliability and maintenance costs in the Acadia as we had experienced in the GMC truck. It seems like at about 60,000 miles you are going to start spending money on maintenance in a GM product. We just spent $1,500 to replace a worn out seal in the steering gear housing. We also replaced the front struts. Great vehicle, but you better plan to spend some money to keep it up once it gets over the 60,000 miles."

dont buy

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "pretty"

Cons: "to many to name"

"After lots of research I figured this would be the best vehicle for my family of 5. I have a 12 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty because I have replaced the water pump, heater, transmission, and it is still making awful noises. It is a beautifully designed car but is a typical GMC. I went away from ford to please my husband and let me tell you I will not EVER buy another GM product. If i didn't owe more than it is worth (which when i bought the resale value was high, and I bought for less than the value at the time) I would be getting rid of this money pit.Oh forgot to mention that I live in the mountains and it has to down shift up almost every hill (my Ford didnt) and it is very front heavy because I have to stay on the brakes because it like to go fast down hills."

Rides a little rough or hard for a $45000.00 car

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Sharp looking for a family lots of room"

Cons: "Body is cheaply made"

"Car is reliable larger wheels give a hard ride. Feels more like a pickup ride than a mid luxury car. Lots of plastic body parts which don't fair very well in colder climates. Cold makes plastic brittle. Hit a raccoon in winter and car took $4500.00 damage to repair. If front end had a steel bumper damage would have been minimal."

Nice car but cramped left leg and cheap plastics.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Drives great. Quiet. Good power. Roomy."

Cons: "Poor mileage. Too much hard plastic."

"Mostly roomy, quiet and handles well. Pulls my 4,000lb boat fairly well. Only gets 17 on the highway not towing and 10 towing. Not enough room to get my left leg comfortable and hard, cheap plastic everywhere. Chrome around A/C vents is absolutely blinding when the sun hits it just right. Love the rear A/C, Bose 5.1 10 speaker sound system and the heated and cooled seats. AWD works great in the rain and on slick boat ramps. Rear DVD screen is very small. Navigation is DVD based but works fairly well. Bluetooth will not stream music from your phone, but voice calls are not too bad. Stability control is amazing. Love the HUD. Don't ever want a car without it."

Kinda falling apart

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, comfortable, good size"

Cons: "Hard to maneuver and park, paint chips, not rugged"

"Oh, my beautiful truck. The paint chips and scrapes off this thing, it's unbelievable. Some pieces of weather trim are coming off and I have to it back together all the time. It's kinda difficult to drive and park, I thought I'd get used to it, but I'm not. Worst of all, WHY did I buy an SUV no all-wheel drive? It slides all over the place. I thought I'd have it forever but here I am shopping again."

Comfortable, reliable, good looking and safe

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This is my first SUV after a lifetime of driving a pick up. The Acadia is a very good looking car, best I class. The safety features are excellent and the automatic all wheel drive saved me a potentially catastrophic accident on snow and ice. I was mildly disappointed with the gas mileage, but, I have never had a six cylinder vehicle before and this car is heavier than most in it's class. I am a big guy, the car was comfortable with plenty of room. I enjoyed the car and I never had a problem with the vehicle in 114,000 miles...very well maintained and no repairs in 6 years. I am 56 and this has been one of my favorite vehicles in 40 years of driving."

Big Disappointment

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"Where do I begin? Very disappointed in many respects. I leased this SUV in Feb. and have put on 3,000+ miles. I assumed that getting heated & cooled leather seat would give us the most comfort. WRONG!! Seats are hard & uncomfortable, cooling feature is a waste. It starts working as you arrive at your destination. Engine is noisy on acceleration. Gas mileage absolutely stinks (18 on Interstate). Roomy? Yes, and A/C works well, but that's about it. It's Overpriced for what you get. I turned in a 2011 Chrysler T&C for this and wish I hadn't. We are seniors and looked for more comfort but got less. Glad I didn't buy it."

My second one,2007 SLT2,2011 Denali,buying a 2015.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "great looking,excellant handling and fuel savings,"

"Before the Acadia i drove GMC Yukon Denali,s,sold the big boat and now drive the Acadia.Great SUV,comfortable,plenty of power,and lots of room."

Excellent vehicle for my needs

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Space, ride comfort, ruggedness, styling"

Cons: "OnStar is primitive, entertainment system limited"

"Wanted a vehicle to replace our 2003 AWD Pontiac Montana. Needed lots of interior room with a flat floor for when we go to dog shows and general hauling. We live in the country and need serious AWD and ground clearance. Looked at the all competition and found that the Acadia had the features, performance, handling, and ride comfort that we wanted for the best overall cost."

Best of 4 SUV's I've owned. Enjoy driving it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Big vehicle that drives like a sedan"

Cons: "Recalls."

"This is a big vehicle but the drive is like a sedan. Interior comfort is terrific. Great on long drives. Cargo space surpassed my expectations. Rear camera is a must on this vehicle. Sightlines are very good. Vehicle has more than adequate pickup. Gas mileage no better than other SUVs. I've had 4 recalls for various items including a defective water pump. Interior finishing work is fair to good but starting to note some cracks and wear on dash buttons. Still, though, I believe GMC builds a very good SUV."

Noisy vehicle

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Reverse camera"

Cons: "horrible road noise"

"If you are looking for a smooth riding, noise free vehicle, this is definitely not the one. I sold a Yukon SLE for the Acadia SLE and am greatly disappointed. The Yukon is very well insulated and you could not hear the outside noise plus it is a smooth riding vehicle. One can hear outside noise in the Acadia (not well insulated) and you have to put the radio very loud to hear it because of all the road noise. I rode in a Ford Explorer and it did not have this noise. I am going this week to trade in my 2012 Acadia. I am so disappointed."

Best ever

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Best drive ever!"

Cons: "gas mileage not good."

"great vehicle - need better mileage - otherwise,best I've ever had. just want better gas mileage with same style and power as v6."

Great for our needs

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"This vehicle looks great, inside and out. It has about all the options we would want in a vehicle. I wish it got a little better mileage (realistically we get about 16 in town and 19-20 on the interstate), but that's expected with an AWD. The AWD is invaluable to us. It has handled everything we've thrown at it. We've had a few small mechanical issues, but that's to be expected with a 6 year old vehicle. Great interior room."

Love my truck

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great features, looks great."

Cons: "Needs better gas mileage"

"I love this truck. Sporty truck. Fun to drive. Great features. Just wish it was a little better on gas. I traded in my Expedition hoping the Acadia would be better on gas but it's about the same. Otherwise I love everything about it still after 3 years driving it."

Love my Acadia!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"I usually tire of vehicles quickly - within 2 years, but I have had this one for 6 years and still love it. I am sure I will eventually trade it for another Acadia. This is by far my favorite vehicle."

Fantastic car! Quiet, powerful, dream drive

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "On the open road it will peg the speedo, SILENT"

Cons: "Tires are expensive, the steering makes 'em last"

"The absolute BEST car I have ever owned! Quiet, comfortable, and the throttle response still amazes, after 5 years! The steering is perfect even after installing struts and shocks, no abnormal tire wear, and I was worried that would not be the case when I bought it! The only criticism is the 19 inch wheels and tires, they are expensive!"

Nice car with loads of features

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"Auto gear changes are noticeable. Vehicle handles and drives like a luxury truck and not a car. Has tons of technology features, but using the 'buttons' to select a feature or turn it off can be frustrating. Has great pick up when accelerating."

Junk

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I will never again purchase a GMC Acadia. This this has been a raving P0S since we bought it. The car has had numerous issues starting with leaking door gaskets that allow water to enter the cabin, the rear door latch failed and now the transmission has blown up. Don't Buy. Period."

never buy GM products again...former loyal GM cust

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "interior design is comfortable"

Cons: "vibration at highway speed makes driving miserable"

"vehicle has vibration at highway speeds; spent most of first year owned in/out of dealer. has 14000 miles and has 4th set of tires on it. GM now says problem is 'fixed' and current vibration is normal operation. will never buy from GM again! Sad part is, I have been a loyal GM customer for 30 years."

Great family car

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "has very good resale value"

Cons: "front speaker had to be replaced twice"

"handles well, rides well, very roomy for crossover vehicle"

Excellant road tripper

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "A pleasure to travel in"

Cons: "WIDE stabce takes time to get used to."

"Car is uber comfortable. Quite enough that rear passengers can hear and be heard in normal conversation. Excellent take off for a large SUV. AWD absolutely rocks in weather, walks out of snow without a slip. Freeway speeds in Wyoming snow storms with perfect stability. California to Gettysburg and back without finding a fault with this car. I am 64 yo and owned a lot of autos. This is the tops for satisfaction in my case."