2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,547 - $37,370.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 455 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Too much shop time.

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable for travel"

Cons: "Back door to high"

"Very good ride."

Have owned 3 Acadias in a row!

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Quality!"

Cons: "Replaced shock on liftgate on first 2 Acadias."

"The fact that I have owned 3 Acadias in a row really says it all! When purchasing a vehicle, one of the biggest deciding factors for me is safety ratings, and from comparing different suvs online, I was impressed with Acadia. Living through a major accident on the interstate and coming out completely uninjured in my second Acadia proved those high ratings in a very personal way for me. I hit a semi and another car and totaled the vehicle, but the passenger area remained amazingly solid. On top of this, the interior lay-out has been perfect for our family of 5. I have always had the bucket seats in the second row and my three sons, who are now all teenagers, can simply get in without folding and unfolding any seats and all have plenty of personal space. Our other favorite features are the Bose radio, comfortable heated seats, auto start from the key fob, and the heads-up display."

Great car with minor limitations

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Lots of extras and trouble-free to own."

Cons: "Expensive to update GPS maps."

"Generally a great car with lots of extras. I love this car but have a couple of suggestions for improvement. Could use better cargo anchors to use to secure items in load space. Even with rear camera and auto mirror reposition, visibility while backing could be improved. Very expensive to update GPS maps which are still out-of-date after you update."

Great SUV perfect for my family

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Great for family and a very smooth ride"

Cons: "Too much plastic used in the interior"

"I love my Acadia, it drives great and the interior has lots of room. The only thing I wish the designers would have done different on the interior is use less plastic and make it look valuable for the price I paid for this vehicle. I bought a new 2011 SLT-2 and it has been a great ride for me and my family of 4."

love this car! love the cargo space!

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cons: "MPG are only 20"

"very reliable but only 20 MPG"

Too many design related deficiencies.

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Good passenger and cargo space. Handles well."

Cons: "Too many breakdowns. Poor mileage."

"This vehicle is prone to numerous design deficiency related repairs and issues. The numerous problems encountered with this vehicle more than off-set the positive aspects."

Possibly the Safest Vehicle on the Road

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Stout, looks, roomy, easy parking, nice drive"

Cons: "gas mileage not what I had hoped"

Police estimated impact over 30 mph. 2001 Yukon that hit it was totaled.

"First off, love the truck. It is a truck like the main article on this website states. Secondly, it's GMC solid, and that extends to the body. I saw one review saying the body was weak and made of cheap plastics. That is simply not true. The day my license plates arrived which was about two weeks after buying the truck, my entire family was out for a drive. We were sitting at a stop light and as I looked into the rear view mirror I see a 2001 GMC Yukon coming in far too fast to stop in time. In the blink of an eye, and thankfully, the texting driver of the other vehicle looked up, cut his wheel and slid into the right rear of our 2014 Acadia at a police estimated impact of 30+ mph. The other vehicle's driver side hit our right rear. The Yukon was destroyed. The Acadia barely even moved upon impact. (I had the brakes locked as there were cars in front of me.) The damage to my Acadia was minimal by comparison (see picture). My 12 year old son was in the third row and admittedly, had the driver not been alerted sooner and hit us with the bumper of his Yukon things would most certainly turned out differently, but at the speed in which the Yukon was coming towards us, me looking into the rear view mirror seeing my son there and quite frankly, expecting much worse than what happened. We drove the truck home that day, all of us unhurt. It was amazing to say the least. Our 2014 GMC Acadia is tough. I would imagine yours would be too. If you're thinking of buying a crossover, there is no other choice in my opinion. I honestly believe the 2014 GMC Acadia could be the safest vehicle on the road. At the very least, for rear end impacts."

Police estimated impact over 30 mph. 2001 Yukon that hit it was totaled.

Love this vehicle, just need bigger

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy for small suv"

Cons: "No cons"

"N/a"

Disappointing buy

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy"

Cons: "Heated driver seat problems"

"I bought this used with 25k miles and now have 43k miles. Heated drivers seat is starting to give me problems. I have extended warranty but finding the problem is a problem"

Not what I thought

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Heads-up"

Cons: "Rear window too high, V-6 engine, electrical"

"I bought this car used just over one year ago.I have had Chevys in the past. Loved my Tahoe and Trailblazer. I was looking for a crossover with better fuel economy yet the pizazz of the SUV. What a disappointment! Even on highway driving within the speed limit this AWD does not perform better than 17mpg! I should have stayed with my 2005 Trailblazer! I especially do not like the high rear window. You cannot see what is behind u without using the rear camera. The use of the DVD for the grandkids is terrible. Once down , you cannot see out your rear view mirror. So now, no rear view mirror and no view from rear window. Yikes! Much like the Chevy Navigation, very poor. Does not use satellite to update roads etc. Disk is non-functional and outdated. I use my Apple I-phone instead. V6-poor pick up, engine is whinny. Had it for less than 1 month and pad on parking brake fell off. Headlight went out and they have replaced it, out again and now are telling me it is electrical! Tires needed to be replaced within 3 months of owning. BEST UPGRADE: Heads-up!! I love it and would get it on any other car I purchase."

Worst car ever

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Roomy space"

Cons: "Fuel economy, Styling, Price, Trunk space"

"Very bad fuel economy. Window sticker said mpg is 16 city, but we got 10mpg. The price is higher than the chevy traverse and ford explorer. Some people said the styling is horrible."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"Great look, very reliable, very functional."

really nice vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "no driver information center"

"Perfect vehicle for taking a foursome golfing. Plenty of room for 4 people, 4 sets of golf clubs. The "grey ghost" has a great smooth ride. The rear air conditioner is great for back seat riders and allows the front seat riders to have a comfortable ride because the driver doesn't have to put air on full to get to back seat. Engine has plenty of power and very good acceleration. This is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great vehcicle for drive comfort and utility

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Room and comfort - Good power and driveability"

Cons: "Higher ownership costs for maintenance"

"We have owned this vehicle for about 6 months and put on about 7,000 miles. We purchased it used from a dealership. We added a towing package and the V-6 has plenty of power for passing and towing. It does not get the best milage ranging between 18 - 24 mpg. It is very comfortable and has the third row seating which is convenient if you wish to haul a crowd. Seats hid away allowing lots of room for hauling items. The hatch back open wide enough so you can load things easily. It is easy to get around in traffic and is confortable on the highway. It rides a little rough, but then it is an AWD larger vehicle and I generally expect the ride. We traded off a 2004 GMC Sierra pickup on this vehicle. We had purchased the 2004 Sierra new and found many of the same reliability and maintenance costs in the Acadia as we had experienced in the GMC truck. It seems like at about 60,000 miles you are going to start spending money on maintenance in a GM product. We just spent $1,500 to replace a worn out seal in the steering gear housing. We also replaced the front struts. Great vehicle, but you better plan to spend some money to keep it up once it gets over the 60,000 miles."

dont buy

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "pretty"

Cons: "to many to name"

"After lots of research I figured this would be the best vehicle for my family of 5. I have a 12 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty because I have replaced the water pump, heater, transmission, and it is still making awful noises. It is a beautifully designed car but is a typical GMC. I went away from ford to please my husband and let me tell you I will not EVER buy another GM product. If i didn't owe more than it is worth (which when i bought the resale value was high, and I bought for less than the value at the time) I would be getting rid of this money pit.Oh forgot to mention that I live in the mountains and it has to down shift up almost every hill (my Ford didnt) and it is very front heavy because I have to stay on the brakes because it like to go fast down hills."

Rides a little rough or hard for a $45000.00 car

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Sharp looking for a family lots of room"

Cons: "Body is cheaply made"

"Car is reliable larger wheels give a hard ride. Feels more like a pickup ride than a mid luxury car. Lots of plastic body parts which don't fair very well in colder climates. Cold makes plastic brittle. Hit a raccoon in winter and car took $4500.00 damage to repair. If front end had a steel bumper damage would have been minimal."

Nice car but cramped left leg and cheap plastics.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Drives great. Quiet. Good power. Roomy."

Cons: "Poor mileage. Too much hard plastic."

"Mostly roomy, quiet and handles well. Pulls my 4,000lb boat fairly well. Only gets 17 on the highway not towing and 10 towing. Not enough room to get my left leg comfortable and hard, cheap plastic everywhere. Chrome around A/C vents is absolutely blinding when the sun hits it just right. Love the rear A/C, Bose 5.1 10 speaker sound system and the heated and cooled seats. AWD works great in the rain and on slick boat ramps. Rear DVD screen is very small. Navigation is DVD based but works fairly well. Bluetooth will not stream music from your phone, but voice calls are not too bad. Stability control is amazing. Love the HUD. Don't ever want a car without it."

Kinda falling apart

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, comfortable, good size"

Cons: "Hard to maneuver and park, paint chips, not rugged"

"Oh, my beautiful truck. The paint chips and scrapes off this thing, it's unbelievable. Some pieces of weather trim are coming off and I have to it back together all the time. It's kinda difficult to drive and park, I thought I'd get used to it, but I'm not. Worst of all, WHY did I buy an SUV no all-wheel drive? It slides all over the place. I thought I'd have it forever but here I am shopping again."

Comfortable, reliable, good looking and safe

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This is my first SUV after a lifetime of driving a pick up. The Acadia is a very good looking car, best I class. The safety features are excellent and the automatic all wheel drive saved me a potentially catastrophic accident on snow and ice. I was mildly disappointed with the gas mileage, but, I have never had a six cylinder vehicle before and this car is heavier than most in it's class. I am a big guy, the car was comfortable with plenty of room. I enjoyed the car and I never had a problem with the vehicle in 114,000 miles...very well maintained and no repairs in 6 years. I am 56 and this has been one of my favorite vehicles in 40 years of driving."

Big Disappointment

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"Where do I begin? Very disappointed in many respects. I leased this SUV in Feb. and have put on 3,000+ miles. I assumed that getting heated & cooled leather seat would give us the most comfort. WRONG!! Seats are hard & uncomfortable, cooling feature is a waste. It starts working as you arrive at your destination. Engine is noisy on acceleration. Gas mileage absolutely stinks (18 on Interstate). Roomy? Yes, and A/C works well, but that's about it. It's Overpriced for what you get. I turned in a 2011 Chrysler T&C for this and wish I hadn't. We are seniors and looked for more comfort but got less. Glad I didn't buy it."

My second one,2007 SLT2,2011 Denali,buying a 2015.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "great looking,excellant handling and fuel savings,"

"Before the Acadia i drove GMC Yukon Denali,s,sold the big boat and now drive the Acadia.Great SUV,comfortable,plenty of power,and lots of room."

Excellent vehicle for my needs

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Space, ride comfort, ruggedness, styling"

Cons: "OnStar is primitive, entertainment system limited"

"Wanted a vehicle to replace our 2003 AWD Pontiac Montana. Needed lots of interior room with a flat floor for when we go to dog shows and general hauling. We live in the country and need serious AWD and ground clearance. Looked at the all competition and found that the Acadia had the features, performance, handling, and ride comfort that we wanted for the best overall cost."

Best of 4 SUV's I've owned. Enjoy driving it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Big vehicle that drives like a sedan"

Cons: "Recalls."

"This is a big vehicle but the drive is like a sedan. Interior comfort is terrific. Great on long drives. Cargo space surpassed my expectations. Rear camera is a must on this vehicle. Sightlines are very good. Vehicle has more than adequate pickup. Gas mileage no better than other SUVs. I've had 4 recalls for various items including a defective water pump. Interior finishing work is fair to good but starting to note some cracks and wear on dash buttons. Still, though, I believe GMC builds a very good SUV."

Noisy vehicle

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Reverse camera"

Cons: "horrible road noise"

"If you are looking for a smooth riding, noise free vehicle, this is definitely not the one. I sold a Yukon SLE for the Acadia SLE and am greatly disappointed. The Yukon is very well insulated and you could not hear the outside noise plus it is a smooth riding vehicle. One can hear outside noise in the Acadia (not well insulated) and you have to put the radio very loud to hear it because of all the road noise. I rode in a Ford Explorer and it did not have this noise. I am going this week to trade in my 2012 Acadia. I am so disappointed."

Best ever

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Best drive ever!"

Cons: "gas mileage not good."

"great vehicle - need better mileage - otherwise,best I've ever had. just want better gas mileage with same style and power as v6."