• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,991 - $35,698.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 433 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Excellant road tripper

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "A pleasure to travel in"

Cons: "WIDE stabce takes time to get used to."

"Car is uber comfortable. Quite enough that rear passengers can hear and be heard in normal conversation. Excellent take off for a large SUV. AWD absolutely rocks in weather, walks out of snow without a slip. Freeway speeds in Wyoming snow storms with perfect stability. California to Gettysburg and back without finding a fault with this car. I am 64 yo and owned a lot of autos. This is the tops for satisfaction in my case."

Overall good rig with minor annoyances and problem

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "7 seats is a plus.Ride is not bad when new."

Cons: "Noisy, Suspension parts don't last. Blind spots."

"Side mirrors small and worst I've owned - limited view area with blind spots. Tire and road noise very high. Chrome trim in dash area reflects sunlight in driver eyes blinding you at certain times of the day. Air vents suck in outside dirt and dust. Front end bushing don't last creating huge rattle and vibrating noises shortly after warranty expires. (Check WEB .. plastic bushings) Fuel economy highway close to rating. In town is low end or below. Many things put together with plastic snap together fasteners but then car is hugely plastic. Steering is firm and quick and easy to drive. Bucket seats are mostly comfy except centre of the front seat backs are hard in the lumbar area. With choices limited to these overpriced SUV's this one is as good as most. Non are worth today’s price being they are made of mostly plastic. Not user friendly when it comes to maintenance or repair. Rear window wiper is a joke. Added rear spoiled very bad design does not direct air down the window keeping it clean. Car sucks wet road mud/dust up the back of the car and within 20 seconds of cleaning the rear window you can't see out. Worthless addition you get to pay for. Electronic features inside the car work fairly well. They need to include a book of what the symbols mean. Design of the High/Low headlight actuator was a setback. Works backwards and forces moving the hand from the steering wheel to reach and actuate it. No ratchet action. They gave you radio controls for a radio on the steering wheel that could have been better used controlling headlamps without letting go of the steering wheel."

I love my 2013 Acadia!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Good price, excellent for road trips!"

Cons: "Could use a few more ponies under the hood."

"I am very happy with my 2013 Acadia. It has plenty of room and rides great. This car is everything our family needs."

Looks great, comfortable but completely unreliable

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, spacious, flexible"

Cons: "Mechanically horrible, totally unreliable"

"I bought my SLE Acadia new in 2008. It is a great car for comfort and looks, and I cannot think of an equivalent vehicle out there in terms of spaciousness and flexibility. We truly love everything about it, with the exception that the mechanical parts of it are horribly unreliable and of the poorest quality. Since 2008 we averaged at least 2 major repairs per year. The list of things we had to deal with is enormous: 3 times in to replace steering unit, water pump failed and left us stranded after 20k miles, clock radio always behaved weird, power mirrors and windows work if they feel like it, occasionally car would not start, lift gate pistons gave out, airbag sensor in seat gave out, headlights would burn every 4 months (and they ae impossible to replace, you have to bring the car in) until they were finally replaced some electrical components, engine had to be removed for timing chain cover leak, but is still leaking and will have to be done again (possibly with me paying this time), AC gave out was fixed and gave out again, now one of the rods is ticking, possibly a time chain related issue or poor lubrication, battery dead at 55k. Really a piece of junk mechanically. I could not honestly recommend it to anyone and most likely will stay clear of GMC forever."

Worst Vehicle EVER

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Piece of JUNK"

"Please do not ever buy this car. At 100 k miles the trans went out, sun roof leaks, rack and pinion has also gone out. I've heard of SEVERAL other people I know personally that have had the same problems I have. This vehicle is a piece of junk!"

See if you qualify for