2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,662 - $35,827.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 472 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

plenty of room and cargo space

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"I have had no major problems with my Acadia. Previously, I owned a Tahoe but prefer the increased leg room for passangers and extra cargo space. The third row seating is much more comfortable than the Tahoe. Very quiet interior with little road noise."

Ready to roll

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Bought to travel in retirement and it has more than filled the bill. Comfort, space (needed lots), ride, and handling are all excellent. Have averaged 18.4 mpg overall. Very reasonable considering full load and not being passed very often. Had heated windshield washer removed per recall and recently installed P265/60R18 Hakkapelitta snow tires for winter trip to Colorado which worked great. Only other maintenance was LOF & tire rotation. This is a terrific road car."

Acadia - Would buy again

By on Saturday, September 25, 2010

"This is a GREAT vehicle for families. I have had the Acadia for 3 years and am looking at the newest model so I can get the color I want. MECHANICS:We have not had any problems at all. NONE. DRIVING - The Acadia drives great, smooth ride, very little road noise -(only on the highway); fabulous turning radius. It feels bigger than it really is, which is nice for parking. EASE OF USE: I have 3 kids, two of them in car seats. I have the bucket seats/captains chairs in the first row for the twins, and this is great for my eldest child to climb into the 3rd row with ease. I dont have to worry about flipping down part of a bench. We have also had adults in the back ( over 6 ft tall) and there is plenty of room. SPACE: We have taken road trips in this vehicle, held luggage for 5 ppl and still had room to spare. I cannot say enough good things about the Acadia."

Loved, but changed!

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks Nice"

Cons: "transmission, hatch shocks, electrical, water pump"

"Fell in love with this vehicle. Only 20K miles later and in the shop countless number of times for minor and major fixes. Last project - $5500. Ouch, BIG waste. Don't recommend at all!"

Comfortable and roomy.

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "lots of room"

Cons: "rear seat tracks catch trash"

"Plenty of room for 7, 8 if they are kids. Good amount of leg room in the third seat. Tons of room in the back, even with the seat up. The only thing that takes some getting used to is the engine. The transmission shifts differently that any other vehicles that I have driven. When accelerating quickly, is hesitates before picking up the speed. Other than that, I love the configuration and interior space. I also love the look of this car. It is stylish and sporty with the convenience of a van, but it doesn't look like one!"

Great Vehicle For The Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good value, plenty of room, nice features"

Cons: "shifts often"

"We were expecting a child and wanted something larger than my wife's Nissan Murano. In 2007 we bought a loaded 2007 Tahoe LTZ. It had every conceivable option and was very comfortable on the road. The disadvantage was that it was not very good on fuel, but we knew that going in. After about 18 months my wife decided that it was too large for her and she wanted something smaller. We shopped almost every crossover and ended up with a 2008 GMC Acadia. I was skeptical going in, but have been proven wrong on almost every account. The 3rd row seats are much easier to deal with in the Acadia which is nice. It also seems that there is more room for the second row passengers which doesn't make sense since the Tahoe is a bigger vehicle. Overall the Acadia has done a great job for us and has been relatively trouble-free. The only issue we had was a plugged drain leading to a leaking sunroof. I don't drive it much, but I will say that it seems to downshift often on very small hills. The mileage is also 3-6mpg better than the Tahoe which is nice. I would not hesitate to buy an Acadia if you are thinking about one."

LOVE this car!!!

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"I bought this car new because we needed more room for our growing family. It fits my family of five with room to spare. We have two Britax car seats in the two middle row seats. Anyone who knows Britax knows how big those things really are. We also travel frequently. I have owned the car now for a little over a year and a half and already have almost 40000 miles on it. I have a 2008 AWD and on the highway when traveling and completely loaded I usually average around 22 mpg. Empty averaging 60% hwy/40% city I get around 19 mpg. The only problem I have experienced with it is the passenger airbag sensor under the seat. It is very sensitive and should have a cover placed in front of it. My purse or my daughters feet always seem to end up against it. Also, the tracks for the sliding captain seats in the middle row need some kind of covers on them to keep debris out of them. With three kids mine stay pretty dirty. I did purchase the aftermarket floormats that are custom made to go in the Acadia and they work really well for protecting the whole carpeted area. Other than those couple of things I LOVE my car. I also wanted to mention the automatic liftgate on the back is something that I didn't think that I needed. However, this is one of my favorite things on the vehicle as well as the heads up display. The heads up display took a while to get used to at first but once used to it you won't want to do without it. There is also a little light that shines down on the gearshift and cup holders when the headlights are on, which is really handy. When this one wears out on us I will be buying another one."

Satisfied at 34000 in 7 months

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"I've had my Acadia (FWD) for 7 months and have put 34000 miles on it without one repair. My mileage is running around 18 city to 22 hiway. In the early stages the transmission shifting was more noticeable, but that has seemed to smooth out. I find it capable of accelerating just fine, so did a friendly police officer. I've really been satisfied with this vehicle and like many others the space is great as well as the ride and looks."

Love this car

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, smooth quiet ride"

Cons: "Needs to have >4,500 lb towing capacity"

"I own this vehicle at just 72000 miles. Has never given me any problems, is a joy to drive. Fully loaded. Leather interior and never ceases to amaze me. I enjoy driving it but my needs have changed and now thinking of selling it to get a used truck with similar features. If you need an SUV..the Acadia will not let you down."

I love this car. So versatile

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Quality, roominess, looks handling, AWD"

Cons: "MPG"

"This car is perfect for anyone who needs to be able to go in the snow in any weather. It feels so safe when you are driving it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The handling is great. I have room for anything I need to put in it as all of the seats lay down. We don't have the towing package but we do have a trailer hitch on it and it pulls our 12ft utility trailer loaded with wood with ease. I can't say enough about this car. My 1 and only complaint is the gas mileage. It fits 7 passengers, 6 comfortably. The interior is spacious and when people get in the car for the first time, they say, "Wow! This is really nice!" The most wonderful feeling is when you're standing in a car lot full of cars and you say, nothing else interests me, I have the car I want."