• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,890 - $35,709.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 442 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

dont buy

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "pretty"

Cons: "to many to name"

"After lots of research I figured this would be the best vehicle for my family of 5. I have a 12 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty because I have replaced the water pump, heater, transmission, and it is still making awful noises. It is a beautifully designed car but is a typical GMC. I went away from ford to please my husband and let me tell you I will not EVER buy another GM product. If i didn't owe more than it is worth (which when i bought the resale value was high, and I bought for less than the value at the time) I would be getting rid of this money pit.Oh forgot to mention that I live in the mountains and it has to down shift up almost every hill (my Ford didnt) and it is very front heavy because I have to stay on the brakes because it like to go fast down hills."

Rides a little rough or hard for a $45000.00 car

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Sharp looking for a family lots of room"

Cons: "Body is cheaply made"

"Car is reliable larger wheels give a hard ride. Feels more like a pickup ride than a mid luxury car. Lots of plastic body parts which don't fair very well in colder climates. Cold makes plastic brittle. Hit a raccoon in winter and car took $4500.00 damage to repair. If front end had a steel bumper damage would have been minimal."

Nice car but cramped left leg and cheap plastics.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Drives great. Quiet. Good power. Roomy."

Cons: "Poor mileage. Too much hard plastic."

"Mostly roomy, quiet and handles well. Pulls my 4,000lb boat fairly well. Only gets 17 on the highway not towing and 10 towing. Not enough room to get my left leg comfortable and hard, cheap plastic everywhere. Chrome around A/C vents is absolutely blinding when the sun hits it just right. Love the rear A/C, Bose 5.1 10 speaker sound system and the heated and cooled seats. AWD works great in the rain and on slick boat ramps. Rear DVD screen is very small. Navigation is DVD based but works fairly well. Bluetooth will not stream music from your phone, but voice calls are not too bad. Stability control is amazing. Love the HUD. Don't ever want a car without it."

Kinda falling apart

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, comfortable, good size"

Cons: "Hard to maneuver and park, paint chips, not rugged"

"Oh, my beautiful truck. The paint chips and scrapes off this thing, it's unbelievable. Some pieces of weather trim are coming off and I have to it back together all the time. It's kinda difficult to drive and park, I thought I'd get used to it, but I'm not. Worst of all, WHY did I buy an SUV no all-wheel drive? It slides all over the place. I thought I'd have it forever but here I am shopping again."

Comfortable, reliable, good looking and safe

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This is my first SUV after a lifetime of driving a pick up. The Acadia is a very good looking car, best I class. The safety features are excellent and the automatic all wheel drive saved me a potentially catastrophic accident on snow and ice. I was mildly disappointed with the gas mileage, but, I have never had a six cylinder vehicle before and this car is heavier than most in it's class. I am a big guy, the car was comfortable with plenty of room. I enjoyed the car and I never had a problem with the vehicle in 114,000 miles...very well maintained and no repairs in 6 years. I am 56 and this has been one of my favorite vehicles in 40 years of driving."