2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,205 - $33,352.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

plenty of room and cargo space

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"I have had no major problems with my Acadia. Previously, I owned a Tahoe but prefer the increased leg room for passangers and extra cargo space. The third row seating is much more comfortable than the Tahoe. Very quiet interior with little road noise."

Great Vehicle For The Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good value, plenty of room, nice features"

Cons: "shifts often"

"We were expecting a child and wanted something larger than my wife's Nissan Murano. In 2007 we bought a loaded 2007 Tahoe LTZ. It had every conceivable option and was very comfortable on the road. The disadvantage was that it was not very good on fuel, but we knew that going in. After about 18 months my wife decided that it was too large for her and she wanted something smaller. We shopped almost every crossover and ended up with a 2008 GMC Acadia. I was skeptical going in, but have been proven wrong on almost every account. The 3rd row seats are much easier to deal with in the Acadia which is nice. It also seems that there is more room for the second row passengers which doesn't make sense since the Tahoe is a bigger vehicle. Overall the Acadia has done a great job for us and has been relatively trouble-free. The only issue we had was a plugged drain leading to a leaking sunroof. I don't drive it much, but I will say that it seems to downshift often on very small hills. The mileage is also 3-6mpg better than the Tahoe which is nice. I would not hesitate to buy an Acadia if you are thinking about one."

I love this car. So versatile

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Quality, roominess, looks handling, AWD"

Cons: "MPG"

"This car is perfect for anyone who needs to be able to go in the snow in any weather. It feels so safe when you are driving it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The handling is great. I have room for anything I need to put in it as all of the seats lay down. We don't have the towing package but we do have a trailer hitch on it and it pulls our 12ft utility trailer loaded with wood with ease. I can't say enough about this car. My 1 and only complaint is the gas mileage. It fits 7 passengers, 6 comfortably. The interior is spacious and when people get in the car for the first time, they say, "Wow! This is really nice!" The most wonderful feeling is when you're standing in a car lot full of cars and you say, nothing else interests me, I have the car I want."

Would Get One Again!

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"We leased this car in '08 when it was a new model for GMC and are about to turn it in because the lease is up in May. We are strongly considering leasing another one because we've been so happy with it. Pluses include: seating capacity (love the access to the 3rd row seating, well designed feature); cargo capacity (can fit a 6ft. table easily); comfort; styling; gas mileage for the size (19-20 mpg on avg.). Negatives: acceleration is sluggish and at times annoying especially when merging onto the freeway or trying to pass another car quickly; back window is narrow so the backup assist feature is a MUST option; the wider back end makes it difficult to gauge tight corners around driveways and parking structures (have some body damage as proof of this). Overall we have been more than satisfied with the Acadia. We've driven it to the snow, desert, and up the California coastline-handled great!"

Nice vehicle quality issues

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"The vehicles had a recall for a roof leak which it has taken multiple visits to get properly repaired but most annoying is the random issues of the battery draining. The service dept claims it can find nothing wrong the battery was replaced and the vehicle continues to randomly present a dead battery a safety hazard for families on the go. Style and design are great but reliability has to come first."