2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,960 - $33,829.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 450 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Too many design related deficiencies.

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Good passenger and cargo space. Handles well."

Cons: "Too many breakdowns. Poor mileage."

"This vehicle is prone to numerous design deficiency related repairs and issues. The numerous problems encountered with this vehicle more than off-set the positive aspects."

Possibly the Safest Vehicle on the Road

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Stout, looks, roomy, easy parking, nice drive"

Cons: "gas mileage not what I had hoped"

Police estimated impact over 30 mph. 2001 Yukon that hit it was totaled.

"First off, love the truck. It is a truck like the main article on this website states. Secondly, it's GMC solid, and that extends to the body. I saw one review saying the body was weak and made of cheap plastics. That is simply not true. The day my license plates arrived which was about two weeks after buying the truck, my entire family was out for a drive. We were sitting at a stop light and as I looked into the rear view mirror I see a 2001 GMC Yukon coming in far too fast to stop in time. In the blink of an eye, and thankfully, the texting driver of the other vehicle looked up, cut his wheel and slid into the right rear of our 2014 Acadia at a police estimated impact of 30+ mph. The other vehicle's driver side hit our right rear. The Yukon was destroyed. The Acadia barely even moved upon impact. (I had the brakes locked as there were cars in front of me.) The damage to my Acadia was minimal by comparison (see picture). My 12 year old son was in the third row and admittedly, had the driver not been alerted sooner and hit us with the bumper of his Yukon things would most certainly turned out differently, but at the speed in which the Yukon was coming towards us, me looking into the rear view mirror seeing my son there and quite frankly, expecting much worse than what happened. We drove the truck home that day, all of us unhurt. It was amazing to say the least. Our 2014 GMC Acadia is tough. I would imagine yours would be too. If you're thinking of buying a crossover, there is no other choice in my opinion. I honestly believe the 2014 GMC Acadia could be the safest vehicle on the road. At the very least, for rear end impacts."

Police estimated impact over 30 mph. 2001 Yukon that hit it was totaled.

Love this vehicle, just need bigger

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy for small suv"

Cons: "No cons"

"N/a"

Disappointing buy

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy"

Cons: "Heated driver seat problems"

"I bought this used with 25k miles and now have 43k miles. Heated drivers seat is starting to give me problems. I have extended warranty but finding the problem is a problem"

Not what I thought

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Heads-up"

Cons: "Rear window too high, V-6 engine, electrical"

"I bought this car used just over one year ago.I have had Chevys in the past. Loved my Tahoe and Trailblazer. I was looking for a crossover with better fuel economy yet the pizazz of the SUV. What a disappointment! Even on highway driving within the speed limit this AWD does not perform better than 17mpg! I should have stayed with my 2005 Trailblazer! I especially do not like the high rear window. You cannot see what is behind u without using the rear camera. The use of the DVD for the grandkids is terrible. Once down , you cannot see out your rear view mirror. So now, no rear view mirror and no view from rear window. Yikes! Much like the Chevy Navigation, very poor. Does not use satellite to update roads etc. Disk is non-functional and outdated. I use my Apple I-phone instead. V6-poor pick up, engine is whinny. Had it for less than 1 month and pad on parking brake fell off. Headlight went out and they have replaced it, out again and now are telling me it is electrical! Tires needed to be replaced within 3 months of owning. BEST UPGRADE: Heads-up!! I love it and would get it on any other car I purchase."