2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,279 - $46,867.

10/8.2

7.7

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

plenty of room and cargo space

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"I have had no major problems with my Acadia. Previously, I owned a Tahoe but prefer the increased leg room for passangers and extra cargo space. The third row seating is much more comfortable than the Tahoe. Very quiet interior with little road noise."

Great Vehicle For The Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good value, plenty of room, nice features"

Cons: "shifts often"

"We were expecting a child and wanted something larger than my wife's Nissan Murano. In 2007 we bought a loaded 2007 Tahoe LTZ. It had every conceivable option and was very comfortable on the road. The disadvantage was that it was not very good on fuel, but we knew that going in. After about 18 months my wife decided that it was too large for her and she wanted something smaller. We shopped almost every crossover and ended up with a 2008 GMC Acadia. I was skeptical going in, but have been proven wrong on almost every account. The 3rd row seats are much easier to deal with in the Acadia which is nice. It also seems that there is more room for the second row passengers which doesn't make sense since the Tahoe is a bigger vehicle. Overall the Acadia has done a great job for us and has been relatively trouble-free. The only issue we had was a plugged drain leading to a leaking sunroof. I don't drive it much, but I will say that it seems to downshift often on very small hills. The mileage is also 3-6mpg better than the Tahoe which is nice. I would not hesitate to buy an Acadia if you are thinking about one."

I love this car. So versatile

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Quality, roominess, looks handling, AWD"

Cons: "MPG"

"This car is perfect for anyone who needs to be able to go in the snow in any weather. It feels so safe when you are driving it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The handling is great. I have room for anything I need to put in it as all of the seats lay down. We don't have the towing package but we do have a trailer hitch on it and it pulls our 12ft utility trailer loaded with wood with ease. I can't say enough about this car. My 1 and only complaint is the gas mileage. It fits 7 passengers, 6 comfortably. The interior is spacious and when people get in the car for the first time, they say, "Wow! This is really nice!" The most wonderful feeling is when you're standing in a car lot full of cars and you say, nothing else interests me, I have the car I want."

Would Get One Again!

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"We leased this car in '08 when it was a new model for GMC and are about to turn it in because the lease is up in May. We are strongly considering leasing another one because we've been so happy with it. Pluses include: seating capacity (love the access to the 3rd row seating, well designed feature); cargo capacity (can fit a 6ft. table easily); comfort; styling; gas mileage for the size (19-20 mpg on avg.). Negatives: acceleration is sluggish and at times annoying especially when merging onto the freeway or trying to pass another car quickly; back window is narrow so the backup assist feature is a MUST option; the wider back end makes it difficult to gauge tight corners around driveways and parking structures (have some body damage as proof of this). Overall we have been more than satisfied with the Acadia. We've driven it to the snow, desert, and up the California coastline-handled great!"

Nice vehicle quality issues

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"The vehicles had a recall for a roof leak which it has taken multiple visits to get properly repaired but most annoying is the random issues of the battery draining. The service dept claims it can find nothing wrong the battery was replaced and the vehicle continues to randomly present a dead battery a safety hazard for families on the go. Style and design are great but reliability has to come first."

Horrible

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"The car has very bad pick up and it's a gas guzzler. It dose not get close it 16 miles around town like the sticker said. I'm very disappointed in the car! The value of the car drop so much I can't get rid of it."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "cloth seats have been hard to keep clean"

"I knew I needed the capability to run my family's life out of this car. Family of 4 (2 kiddos), work, school, activities, friends, vacations, 1 year of a driving-territory sales job, weekend travel to family, seats fold down to haul Craigslist furniture purchases, etc... there's nothing it can't do/hasn't done. My Acadia allows me to NOT drive a mini-van and allows me to NOT drive a big, clunky truck (Yukon, Suburban, etc.). I LOVE my 2nd row bucket seats that allows for easy access to 3rd row. With a big group, we can always ALL ride TOGETHER. Seats fold down effortlessly for big grocery trips and big items. It will be paid off soon, I'm almost at 100K miles with almost ZERO problems. I will con't to drive another year or so, then take my down payment to the dealership to pick myself up ANOTHER Acadia that will carry our family through the next season of life. Going to get a few bells and whistles this time- leather, sunroof, Bose! :) I LOVE MY ACADIA and can't imagine life without it!"

Excellent utlitly and mileage

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"My Acadia has been great. I can haul a ton of stuff, carry my family plus others and get 24 mpg on the higway."

Love our Acaddia

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"We looked for an SUV for over 1 year before the Acaddia came out and we bought the first one at the dealership. We love this car. The only negative we have about it is that sometimes the sun shines on the chrome trim on the ac vents and flashes in your eyes. It has good fuel economy and is great on trips with the navagation and dvd system. I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a new SUV."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"We have owned this vehicle since Feb and have logged 8K miles, so far, great. The city mileage could be better and after a trans re-flash, the shifting is much improved. Best first year vehicle I have ever owned. The styling is great and it is not a mini van! Only other issue is that the '07's did not have a back-up camera, solved in 08. A great alternative to a mini van, great job GM and GMC."

2008 gmc acadia

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "styling"

"best car ever no problems buy it and you will love it"

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Love the Acadia."

Cons: "The seat belt in middle/back seat is bit of a pain"

"Love my Acadia. Went from a minivan to the Acadia. Then when it was in for service, I ended up driving a loaner van. No worried in thinking I'd ever go back to a van. Would definitely be interested in a 4 door truck or even a suburban though when it comes time to upgrade, or pass the Acadia down to our daughters when they start driving. I would feel very secure knowing they are driving something this reliable."

Works great for a family of 4 young kids.

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Overall love the interior for smaller kids. We bought it 3 years ago with 4 children under 6 years old and it's easy for them to get in/out/buckled. Very comfortable driving, have the SLT so a few extras were convenient. I am looking at trading it in for the Denali. A few drawbacks with kids: any spills, dirt, snow ect. is difficult to clean tracks that the baucket seats are in. We don't slide the seat forward very often so not a huge deal, but I'm a clean freak. Cargo space with third row in use is not great but comparable to our previous Expedition. On the great side, cargo space without the 3rd row in use is amazing! Love that there are many things that will amazingly fit in the back especially height-wise."

Best vehicle we have ever owed

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Roomy interior and great handling"

Cons: "Price"

"This is by far the best vehicle we have ever owed. The interior is spacious with plenty of leg room and head room. We live in Montana so we get plenty of challenging road conditions. Our AWD Acadia never feels unstable and always gets us to our destination safely and smoothly. The only negative marks I would give is that it's a little hard to fit into some of the more narrow parking spaces because it is very wide. The car is very nimble though so that makes up for its size. Also, it's a little pricey or I would have rated it 5/5 on value instead of 4/5."

Loyal GMC customer!

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "good ride, bose, comfy seating, 2 sunroofs!"

Cons: "no dashboard light, but other than that, nothing"

"I have previously owned a 2004 acura MDX and have to honesly say the 2012 GMC acadia awd slt-1 is superior in every way! It rides much better, handles better, gets better gas mileage, and is bigger, and so far, more reliable! My son is OBSESSED with all the features and all of his friends love the 10 speaker bose sound system! Him and they all love to plug their iPods into the usb port! This is the best suv on the market! We test drove every suv in this class, and, value for features and comfort, this is the best choice we could've made! This acadia is wonderful on long road trips and is just as enjoyable around town! My son is 15 and knows everything about cars, so we knew we were getting a good, reliable, safe car before our purchase! KEEP IT UP GMC!!! :D"

Great midsize suv for family activities!

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Plenty of room for 1200 mile road trip with five people and luggage. Great size for parking in small parking lots. Good height for easy entry/exit of vehicle. Good power and performance from engine."

Great SUV, No problems. I give it an "A" rating

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Rides smooth, lots of cargo room or seating, controls central, good gas mileage."

"Looks good, runs great, never had a problem and currently have 17,500. Couldn't be any happier. Way to go GM!"

don't buy

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

"2007 acadia, currently 42000 miles, since 38000 miles the alternator, fuel injection system, timing chain, brake master cylinder have been replaced. Difficult getting gmc to take responsibility for poor engineering and overall quality. Will trade in today since car paid for and out of warranty."

Avoid This Drivetrain

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Starting with the 2009 Acadia, these engines have developed a history of major malfunctions, allegedly from a defective timing chain. My engine completely failed at 35,000 miles, even with regular oil changes. The problem may have been solved in the later models, but why buy a car with a history of problems?"

Love it!

By on Saturday, June 05, 2010

"Ordered my Acadia specifically for me 2 and a half years ago and so glad I did. Traded in a Yukon (which I also loved), but needed to downsize. I think the Acadia has as much cargo room as the Yukon did. Love the easy-down third row seats, the power tailgate, and especially the head-up display. Don''t know how I lived without it! The 2nd row captain's seats are roomy and comfy. Wish the gas mileage was better. I've gotten 24 on the highway, but overall averages about 18. Used to trade in my vehicles every three years, but plan on keeping this one a lot longer. Have found a few times that the pillars on either side of the windshield have impeded visibility when pulling out in traffic, but I know now that I must adjust for that. It has been in the shop for a couple minor engine leaks, but car was back in one day. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a mid-size SUV."

Toyota puts GMC Acadia to shame

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"I have had a 2009 Acadia for about 19 months and put 32K miles on it. It has been one headache after another! It's been in the shop for repairs multiple times. Two of the issues that arose have made the vehicle un-driveable - broken stabilizer bar & leaking fuel injector. The other issues have been related to noises (steering gear, steering column, fan motor) and a burned out headlight (at less than 30K miles... really!?). I have owned 5 Toyotas and put about 100K miles on each of them before we bought the Acadia and I have had less problems on all of them COMBINED than on this one GMC piece of junk. I am trading for a Toyota Sequoia as soon as I get it back from being fixed. I'll admit, I like the looks of it, but it's been a big headache!"

Some things better, some worse.

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Traded 2004 GMC Denali for new 2009 Acadia SLT2. I miss the power difference in the Acadia V6 vs. the Denali 6.0 V8. Battery went dead on 3 occasions before the dealer replaced it. I like the fold down feature of the 3rd row seating on the Acadia vs. having to remove the seats. Love the HUD. Gas mileage is better than the Denali but not as good as I expected. I have the dealer installed Dual Headrest DVD player vs. the factory installed unit. The headrests are stationary and cannot be adjusted, however the video screens can be adjusted but I now wish I had ordered the factory installed unit. Vehicle mileage is 8800. Other than the dead battery we have had no other problems."

Driving me nuts!!

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"The power/shifting on this vehicle is AWFUL and annoying. I had it in the shop for a transmission reflash that worked tremendously for about a month and then went back to it's old ways. I really wish the cup holders were removable as well. With younger kids the drinks sometimes leak in them and you cannot clean them very easily. No real cubbies in the pilot area for storing much of anything. Really miss my Tahoe that I traded this for. The gas mileage isn't any better either. I do love the captain chairs in the middle row. I just wish they locked in place when they are pushed forward. This vehicle was designed on looks - not real functionality."

Love my Acadia

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Awesome comfort and room, decent gas mileage. Only complaint - some squaks in the dashboard area beginning at 10,000 miles. Captains chairs are the way to go."

Disappointed!

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I bought one of the first '07 models. It is a great looking car, but the performance is lacking. At about 20,000 miles the headache started. I have been in and out of the service department with two transmission software updates and a sunroof and windshield replacement, to list a few. I now have a case with GM and they have attached a data recorder to my engine. It seems to want to down shift as I try to accelerate to pass. This is dangerous! With almost 28,000 miles, I am wanting to trade it before the warranty expires. Unfortunately, it's service record is lengthy and will deter a potential buyer. I wish GM would fix these issues so I can buy an updated model without issues. P.S. the dashboard chrome needs to go. It is blinding in the right light. Also, it would be nice if the rear window would be operable."