2013 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 495 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Disappointed!

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I bought one of the first '07 models. It is a great looking car, but the performance is lacking. At about 20,000 miles the headache started. I have been in and out of the service department with two transmission software updates and a sunroof and windshield replacement, to list a few. I now have a case with GM and they have attached a data recorder to my engine. It seems to want to down shift as I try to accelerate to pass. This is dangerous! With almost 28,000 miles, I am wanting to trade it before the warranty expires. Unfortunately, it's service record is lengthy and will deter a potential buyer. I wish GM would fix these issues so I can buy an updated model without issues. P.S. the dashboard chrome needs to go. It is blinding in the right light. Also, it would be nice if the rear window would be operable."

Nice car but you will never get the milage it says

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "nice vehicle"

Cons: "Poor mileage"

"For a SUV we love this vehicle as it is a very nice vehicle that runs nice. However, would never buy it again. We have the AWD drive version where MPG are rated 17/23. You will never get that! The best we ever got was on a 400 mile trip that was all 55 to 60 miles per hour with no stops and very few hills. Got 21 mpg. Our overall average is 18 and if you go on the interstate don't ever expect to get in excess of 19. We were so disappointed we even complained to GMC who responded with a bunch of superficial responses but ultimatley they would not respond to our complaints in a meaningful manner"

Avoid This Drivetrain

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Starting with the 2009 Acadia, these engines have developed a history of major malfunctions, allegedly from a defective timing chain. My engine completely failed at 35,000 miles, even with regular oil changes. The problem may have been solved in the later models, but why buy a car with a history of problems?"

09 Acadia

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Very poor reliability. Ive already replaced the timing chain on this vehicle twice. The only good thing about that is that it was covered in the warranty. Ive also had to replace both headlights, twice! Again, under warranty, but still i should not have these problems. The dealership that i purchased this vehicle has done ZERO to help me out. Maybe i got a lemon, but the dealer gets an F for their help with this truck. I say, pass and look elsewhere."

Love it!

By on Saturday, June 05, 2010

"Ordered my Acadia specifically for me 2 and a half years ago and so glad I did. Traded in a Yukon (which I also loved), but needed to downsize. I think the Acadia has as much cargo room as the Yukon did. Love the easy-down third row seats, the power tailgate, and especially the head-up display. Don''t know how I lived without it! The 2nd row captain's seats are roomy and comfy. Wish the gas mileage was better. I've gotten 24 on the highway, but overall averages about 18. Used to trade in my vehicles every three years, but plan on keeping this one a lot longer. Have found a few times that the pillars on either side of the windshield have impeded visibility when pulling out in traffic, but I know now that I must adjust for that. It has been in the shop for a couple minor engine leaks, but car was back in one day. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a mid-size SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals