• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,278 - $35,078.

10/8.3

7.7

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Looks great, comfortable but completely unreliable

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, spacious, flexible"

Cons: "Mechanically horrible, totally unreliable"

"I bought my SLE Acadia new in 2008. It is a great car for comfort and looks, and I cannot think of an equivalent vehicle out there in terms of spaciousness and flexibility. We truly love everything about it, with the exception that the mechanical parts of it are horribly unreliable and of the poorest quality. Since 2008 we averaged at least 2 major repairs per year. The list of things we had to deal with is enormous: 3 times in to replace steering unit, water pump failed and left us stranded after 20k miles, clock radio always behaved weird, power mirrors and windows work if they feel like it, occasionally car would not start, lift gate pistons gave out, airbag sensor in seat gave out, headlights would burn every 4 months (and they ae impossible to replace, you have to bring the car in) until they were finally replaced some electrical components, engine had to be removed for timing chain cover leak, but is still leaking and will have to be done again (possibly with me paying this time), AC gave out was fixed and gave out again, now one of the rods is ticking, possibly a time chain related issue or poor lubrication, battery dead at 55k. Really a piece of junk mechanically. I could not honestly recommend it to anyone and most likely will stay clear of GMC forever."

Worst Vehicle EVER

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Piece of JUNK"

"Please do not ever buy this car. At 100 k miles the trans went out, sun roof leaks, rack and pinion has also gone out. I've heard of SEVERAL other people I know personally that have had the same problems I have. This vehicle is a piece of junk!"

Great car until the tansmission failed at 61,000

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Great carrying capacity. 7 people and stuff."

Cons: "Transmission unreliable."

"Great car for family. Good in bad weather. Transmission failure at 61,000. Had a previous recall on transmission too. Over $2k to fix. Poor quality."

Problems out of the gate

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride"

Cons: "bad build...bad engneering...engine issues"

"We purchased the Acadia Denali to replace a GMC Yukon Denali XL because it was so big and a real gas hog. We had purchased a 2010 Acadia for our Daughter and Son-in-Law and loved the way it handled...plus the gas mileage was better and the third row seats were built-in so we did not have to lug the huge Yukon seats around. Immediately after purchase we had a leak in the roof and water sloshing around everywhere and even through the vents and down into the dash. They had it for several days and did fix that issue. There were many other issues with small plastic parts that came loose or just were never installed. For instance the lock pull on the drivers side door was never installed and was just sitting in the slot. If you pulled it just came right out. We have an intermittent problem with acceleration...the car sometimes almost stalls when in a situation where you need quick acceleration...and I have almost been hit 3 different times because of this. We noticed that the acceleration is not nearly as good as the earlier Acadia models. Mileage is not much better than the Yukon XL (about 2 mile/gal better. Of course the acceleration issue is nothing that the dealer can find. I will be trading this vehicle this year and may go back to the Yukon since they now have the 3rd row seats built-in like all other large brands. The quality of the engineering and the build from the factory are very disappointing. It looks good since they have figured out a way to make cheap plastic seem luxurious."

Fits well for me!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Good size, nice option packages, lots of cubbies"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is the second Acadia I have owned. Actually traded in one to buy a newer one of the same color, but more options. Since the second one was a demo model, it had more options than I would have liked, like the entertainment system, but I got a good deal. I like the size - not too big, not too small. Love the head-up display. It has just okay get-up-and-go but that's fine by me. Biggest issue is the less-than-stellar gas mileage (I average about 17 mpg). Also, on both Acadias I have owned, the DRL bulbs tend to burn out every six months or so and are very inconvenient to replace."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25