• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,433 - $33,186.

10/8.3

7.7

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Vehicle . . . although a little pricey.

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Ride, Great Power, Comfortable Seating"

Cons: "Expensive"

"The 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD is an overall outstanding vehicle. I am 6'02" and 200lbs and have four teenaged daughters. All four of my captains chairs are extremely comfortable and roomy and while I cannot say the same for the third row, my children have no complaints. The 288hp engine provides excellent power for towing either our camp trailer or boat. We added the optional tow package which boosted our towing capacity to 5200lbs. There is plenty of interior room for our suitcases behind the third row which was a huge bonus over our Pilot. We love the improved comfort, convenience of controls, mechanical reliability, and heavier hauling of our GMC Acadia. While our Pilot was a good car, our Acadia is a great car. I would highly recommend it to those that can afford it."

Still in Love

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I fell in LOVE when a co-worker purchased hers and I saw the styling, leg room, and found out it was a V6 with decent gas mileage. Researched for 3 months comparing it to similar vehicles in it's class. Always came back to the Acadia. Purchased an SLT1 in 4/08 and I am still in love. Luxurious functionality. We purchased new, and i think the gas mileage is finally evening out. 16 city, up to 29 highway. PROS: Remote start, rear sensors, smooth ride, quiet interior, leg room, buttons (feel like I'm in a cockpit!), rear a/c, captain's chairs (kids fight), wide, stable wheelbase, I feel SAFE!, Bose factory stereo, GREAT ROAD TRIP VEHICLE. CONS: Driving home from purchase and discovered the horrible noise it makes with windows down (airplane landing and causes pressure to eardrums). Tranny hesitation stinks. A bit jerky too, and it doesn't like hills. Dealer "reprogrammed" the tranny and it went back to old ways after a month or so. Then I kept hearing a "clunk" at low speed turns & backing up. 3 wks @ dealer waiting for new intermediate steering shaft. Not happy. Then 1 month later I noticed paint chipping on bumper facia. GM fixed both problems, but still a pain. Some parts of the interior have cheap, plastic feel. Dashboard chrome is blinding when the sun hits it just right. Drink holders too small. Back window is tiny & doesn't open. Bad traction/wheels spin on wet pavement. I live in AZ with 350 sunny days per yr, so not much rain. When moving seats forward, mats are creased. Noises from dashboard at around 20,000 miles. Wish I had the dual sunroof, but was told it makes the vehicle very hot in AZ. A bit pricy. Overall, I still love it! It sounds like the 2009 has cooled seats - and they fixed the tranny issue - might have to trade up! I highly recommend for families & road trips!"

Love everything about it after 12000 miles

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I have owned this car for 6 months. I have driven it from Florida to Maine and back this summer while averaging 21.9 mpg in the awd model. My only complaint was that it often shifted too soon and would be in a "too tall a gear". Appearantly GMC came to the same realization as I received a letter informing me that there was new software updates for the transmission shift points which were provided in a brief stop at my dealer. I am now completely satisfied with my car and just returned from a trip to Key West with two other couples. While I would not catagorize a trip of 10 hours with 6 people and all their gear, as relaxing, I cannot think of many other cars which could have done it at all."

Computer/electronics unreliable & not easily fixed

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Reason: poor electronics

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, lots of storage space."

Cons: "Too many sensor/computer/electrical issues"

"I bought this vehicle for the safety/comfort and AWD. I absolutely loved it (it does have blind spots in the front window and rear- the backup camera helped with this). The seats are comfortable, love the recline option in the middle row seats. Able to haul large items. After the first few months, I started having O2 sensor alerts (check engine light)... no biggie. I had one of the rear park assist sensors go out (this costs over $300 to replace, I opted not to). After a year of driving it, we drove it to a restaurant- and it would not start when we were trying to leave. The gauges all worked, but it wouldn't do a thing when the key turned. After about 15 minutes, the car finally started and while driving home the gauges all quit working (didn't know how fast we were driving, no RPMs showing, no fuel gauge, etc.), the AWD quit, cruise would not work, traction control alerts went off- all alerts triggered. -This happened multiple times during the (almost) 4 years I owned it. I would bring it in to the dealer, and there was never a 'code' that showed up, so the dealer was unable to fix it. After $400+, it continued to do this. I finally got fed-up after having it in the shop for almost two weeks and traded it in for a non-GM vehicle. I do not know if I just had a lemon- but would not recommend the Acadia to anyone. If the dealer cannot fix it, why have all the gadgets?"

My 2nd Acadia and I love it too!

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"When it came time to purchase a new vehicle, I immediately decided to purchase my second Acadia. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. Such a nice ride and it gets better gas mileage than some of my friends' vehicles that are much smaller and less comfortable. Not to mention all the great options it offers. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Love My Acadia 2008

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable for long distances."

Cons: "Should have gotten the power passenger seat as wel"

"Handles well in traffic and on the highway. Comfortable riding in long distance driving. Confidence in snowy roads. Love the heated leather seats and the captains chairs in the second row. Third row easily accommodates adults comfortably. Good air flow both a/c and heat in winter. Love the air flow from the ceiling of the vehicle; makes it easy to cool and heat as needed. Bought it because we planned on road trips vs flying. Don't regret it!Get really good gas mileage on the highway...up to 28mpg!"

GMC has always been my favorite.

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

"I carry lots of cargo, and the Acadia is perfect. Overall gas mileage is around 18 mpg. I have not had the vehicle in the shop other than for a couple of recalls. My previous vehicle was a Land Rover, which stayed in the shop more than it did on the road. At this point, I have not found another vehicle that I might consider over the Acadia for my next purchase."

Traded in my xc90 for my Acadia...great choice

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "All the good stuff wrapped up into my Acadia"

Cons: "Solid heavy AWD does enjoy gas! Ok with me."

"I have typically been a leaser of cars...I dont like to commit myself to one particular make or model and I certainly appreciate trying new cars every 3 years or so. I have driven Toyotas, Fords and most recently a Volvo xc90. For me personally, none have compared to my Acadia. It is incredibly comfortable, spacious, quiet and reliable. I dont feel like a monster on the road, and yet, the Acadia is so roomy and accomadating for my family with all our hockey and ski gear as well as a few extra carpoolers. I feel safe, I like the styling both interior and exterior (i refuse to drive a mini van!) and it fits our needs perfectly. The Acadia is my most favorite car to drive and definitely look forward to another when this lease is up."

Awesome ride for our family

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, nice interior, great for travel!"

Cons: "Could do slightly better on gas millage."

"My family is an active military family. We move around a lot more than most and needed something that would carry kids and cargo. This ride is awesome as it seats 8 when all the seats are up and you still have a ton of room for say hiking gear, beach stuff, camping equipment, or luggage. My husband and I frequently go on long drives of 2-12 hours to see our family and friends. We needed something not only decent on gas and reliable, but comfortable as well. No one likes to be squished up for that long of a time. It handles in all conditions wonderfully as well. The safety was a huge factor as we have little ones to protect and also thinking of expanding our family. With the Acadia access to the back seat could be better but its not difficult at all. We love this ride!"

Love it, perfect alternative to a mini van

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "quiet, seats, ride, looks, and layout"

"previously owned a Toyota highlander, nissan pathfinder, and a Honda Oddysey this vehicle is better quality and less problems than those vehicles. I also enjoy the way it drives I have A 2008 SLT, love the comfortable leather seats, back up camera, two sun roofs, touch screen navigation system, all wheel drive, and mini van layout."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25