2012 GMC Acadia

7.6

Based on 500 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

09 Acadia

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Very poor reliability. Ive already replaced the timing chain on this vehicle twice. The only good thing about that is that it was covered in the warranty. Ive also had to replace both headlights, twice! Again, under warranty, but still i should not have these problems. The dealership that i purchased this vehicle has done ZERO to help me out. Maybe i got a lemon, but the dealer gets an F for their help with this truck. I say, pass and look elsewhere."

Love it!

By on Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Ordered my Acadia specifically for me 2 and a half years ago and so glad I did. Traded in a Yukon (which I also loved), but needed to downsize. I think the Acadia has as much cargo room as the Yukon did. Love the easy-down third row seats, the power tailgate, and especially the head-up display. Don''t know how I lived without it! The 2nd row captain's seats are roomy and comfy. Wish the gas mileage was better. I've gotten 24 on the highway, but overall averages about 18. Used to trade in my vehicles every three years, but plan on keeping this one a lot longer. Have found a few times that the pillars on either side of the windshield have impeded visibility when pulling out in traffic, but I know now that I must adjust for that. It has been in the shop for a couple minor engine leaks, but car was back in one day. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a mid-size SUV."

Only a Little Letdown

By on Monday, February 6, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful Car, Drives Great"

Cons: "Not enough gadgets for the $, Poor Stereo Sound"

"Don't get me wrong - I love this car. But for what I paid for the base model, I really wish it had more features. You can't get a sunroof unless you pay for the top-tier model. There's hands-free calling, as long as you pay for a number and minutes through On-Star. And I have to plug my iPod into a jack with a cord to listen to MP3's. But I'm a gadget guru... The reason I gave quality and Design 4's is that the seat cushions seem a little cheap to me. There are a couple places on the driver's and passenger's seats that are a little buckled up. I'm not sure if the foam inside is curled up or the fabric is just buckling but this is a brand new car. I really enjoy driving it. The turning radius is great for getting into tight spaces, despite the size of the car. There's plenty of room for all 3 of my teenage kids and some of their friends or cargo. They wish it had a separate radio and headphones for them though. I was, however, a little surprised that it has a 22 gallon gas tank. That's quite a shocker the first time you fill up. The gas mileage is just ok. I have an 18 mile commute to work on mostly highway and I average 19 mpg. And if you like the music loud, you may want to upgrade the stereo system. The loudest setting is still pleasant to me but certainly not loud enough to really have a good time on the road. All in all, I love the car, I just wish it gave me a little better value."

Best Choice for us!

By on Friday, May 23, 2008

"I love, love, love my 08 Acadia! We bought it in fall of 07, after searching for a few weeks and falling in love with it. The Acadia is a perfect size for us and can hold all of our stuff when we go on vacation (and with a young child, that's alot of stuff) The handling is great, as well as the interior leg room. My reverse assist is also great and so is the remote start. All this luxury for only 28k (oh yeah we got a great deal on it too!)"

Lemon

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros: "Attractive looking car"

Cons: "too many flaws"

"I bought this car with only 32K miles in 01/2015. In july, went on vacation and the air conditioner went out! Went to the dealership and they wanted to charge double for what I actually paid for to get it repaired. Dealership Would not cover the cost, had 56K miles when I had it repaired along with the recall. ONE month later, air conditioner, in the back, went out. Went to go trade it in for a newer car with warranties and found out that I was upside down by 8 thousand. Had a GMC Yukon, 2002, and never had a bit of trouble until after 175K miles and it retained it's value. Very disappointed in the Acadia Denali. Very disappointed in dealerships that raise the price to the point, trade ins are out of the question unless you want to get screwed twice!"

Love my Acadia

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Awesome comfort and room, decent gas mileage. Only complaint - some squaks in the dashboard area beginning at 10,000 miles. Captains chairs are the way to go."

Second Accadia is just as good as my first

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage, excellent use of space inside"

Cons: "NONE"

"These are the best vehicles I have ever owned. They have just as much storage and seating space as a much large vehicle like the Tahoe. However they get better gas mileage and are much easier to park. Very reliable and good looking vehicle. We bought one the first year they came out and traded that one in on a new just last year."

MPG disaster

By on Monday, September 27, 2010

"Looks great, has nice features, but is a complete lemon. In the month that I have owned the car the best mileage I have gotten is 14MPG with 200+ miles on the interstate with cruise control. It actually averages 9-11 incredibly short of its advertised 16/23. Service department says there is nothing wrong with the car. They also acknowledge that the air "feels warmer than expected", but that there is nothing wrong with the AC or sensors either. It's operating "within spec." Worst purchasing decision I have ever made and that is saying ALOT since I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee previously. And it had more than it's share of issues (2 transmissions, 6 sets of rotors - which Chrysler finally acknowledged a problem with and reimbursed me), just to name a few.... It was a V8 with 160,000 miles on and still averaged at least 14MPG. The V6 Acadia isn't even the ballpark. In hindsight I should have bought the Acura."

A very solid car

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"I own an 07 SLT-2 and have had no trouble at all after 26,000 miles. Biggest let down is gas milage; EPA is 18 & 26, but a little less than 22 is best I have done on highway. Hate the crome vents on inside which catch the sun. Love the "heads up display" which is great. Lots of room, comfortable leather seats; never towed anything but have the tow package. Will need new tires soon."

Best CUV Money Buys

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I bought my Acadia in April of 2007 after waiting two months for it to arrive and it was well worth the wait! I've taken two long roadtrips in it and driven around town to the tune of 12,500 miles and it rides great, handles great and still gets lots of attention and compliments. I wish the rear seats sat up higher from the floor, were wider and heated, and that it had more torque for better mileage and less shifting, but it's darn near perfect. I'd recommend it without question and I may even buy another when they update it for 2009."

best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "confortable to drive/ride in"

Cons: "none great all around vehicle"

"drives and rides great; great features like xm, bose premium sound, heated seats, muti disc cd, sunroof, dual climate controls, heads up display, and even tire pressure monitor."

Great Mileage for a AWD Vehicle!

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Great Milage,Quiet,Awesome in Snow!"

Cons: "Should have had Backup Camera on Every Model."

"I cannot believe after 52,000 miles I can get 21mpg in combined Hwy/City driving."

AWESOME!!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I love my Acadia but its definitely a car for people with a family. But it has a lot of Get up and Go under the hood. I love the auto stick it helps especially in mountainous areas like I live in. This car has saved me a lot of dings and damage in the snow due to its Fantastic handling and AWD dynamics. Though it is more a family car it's sleek style and design fits my personality. I am in love with this car and would definitely recommend it to a family or a person who needs a lot of space in a car."

Love it! Roomy

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I bought this so I wouldn't get stuck at the hospital when Snowmaggedon hit 2 years ago. I really like the room and it doesn't look like a minivan. I've used it to tow without any trouble. Very comfortably seats 7 adults. Love the bucket seats in the middle row. My Labrador loves how she can lay between them and be cooled off by the rear heating/ac. I'm happy with it."

nice ride overall.

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, good room."

Cons: "powersteering needs reengineered."

"overall the vehicle is good, but the powersteering is weak and makes excessive noise. When I ask the dealer service manager about it, he said it is common to the vehicle and they have had little success in correcting the problem."

Disappointing at best

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Bought our 2007 Acadia SLT 2WD brand new and had it for less than one week before the problems started. It has been back at the dealer for repairs 13x for a total of 33 days in the almost 4yrs that we've owned it. After four attempts to resolve a clicking noise/sensation when steering the car, dealer finally replaced the entire steering column which was shipped from the factory bent! The tire pressure monitor keeps reading backwards (displays "front, left" pressure but is really reading "rear left")...reprogrammed 3x, water pump assembly went, AC evap coil went, brake master cylinder went...everything covered by warranty but it's just one thing after another. The interior layout suits our family perfectly and we have really wanted to love this vehicle but now that the warranty is up, we are trading it in ASAP because we don't trust it. Great design but poorly executed vehicle in my opinion."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"The 08 Acadia has been the best vehicle we have ever owned. Hubby and I had been looking for a new vehicle for several years, but couldn't agree on one (no mini-van for me). We ordered our Acadia in Oct or Nov of 07. Took possession in Dec 07. Saved 10K off the purchase price by ordering. As with most vehicles, there were many accessories we didn't need. The very first thing I noticed about the Acadia is its amazing turning radius. I was absolutely stunned with the ease in which I can make a u-turn or whip into a parking space. No problems backing out either thanks to the back-up sensors. We have taken several road trips for our son's football games. Very comfortable and fabulous ride. We had seven in the vehicle on numerous trips. Mileage on the highway (I-95) is excellent. I've read 26.5 mpg. Daily driving with redlights and stop signs takes it toll on gas mileage (as it will with any vehicle). Not a biggy as I put less than 8000 miles a year on my vehicles. Only problems we encountered was a dead battery after six months. Can't blame that on GMC. Recommend keeping On-Star which comes standard for one-year. Used it to unlock the vehicle when we locked the keys in it at a football game in western Maryland. All of my sons friends (17+ years old) all love the vehicle. All keep wishing for one. Just love, love, love the Acadia."

Love it!!!!

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"Looked at the Acadia from its intro. Finally bit the bullet and bought one in 9/10. Love pretty much everything about it. The one and only thing I could want is better fuel economy. My wife drives it daily and averages between 15.5 and 17.5 mpg. It is the SLT-2 AWD, but it still has never gotten the mpg advertised. The best we have gotten with it so far was 22.1 on a 200+ mile road trip. But with that being said, the honda accord we were also condsidering didn't get much better. Though one would think vehicles would get better mileage with todays technology."

GMC 2011 Acadia Exhaust Soot

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Smithfield NC dealership is telling me that the soot on the garage floor from the exhaust is normal. I have had numerous cars over the years and three prior SUV's and none of my vehicles have ever left black soot on the garage floor. Is this just my vehicle or just the Acadia or GMC vehicles in general. Whichever, it is not acceptable."

Overall Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, October 18, 2010

"We have a 2008 Acadia SLT (AWD). The design of the interior and exterior are superb. The cargo and seating room was comparable to the much larger Tahoe, and the third row is much more efficient to use. Highly recommend the AWD, though it kills the gas mileage. We've went through deep snow on nights when others wouldn't venture out with no slippage at all. With 45,000 miles, we've only had to fix a clogged drain around the sunroof, no other mechanical problems. We have two kids in car seats, and the Acadia is set up perfectly for them. The cargo room when the third row is down seems endless. My only complaint is the transmission seems a bit clunky at times, and hypersensitive at others. We'll be keeping our Acadia for years to come."

Bad Buy

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Sticker says 24 on highway and 17 in town. Actual is 19 on highway and 12/13 in town. Produces weird noises when you crank it up from the engine compartment and the rear end differancial(?). Transmission doesn't shift smoothly, and RPMs remain very high through the lower gears. Example: When driving at 40 mph the RPMs will be over 2,000 and will stay that way until you accellerate to 45 mph when it changes gear and drops to 1600 RPMs. So it is burning a lot of gas at lower gears. I have almost 9,000 miles on it, mostly highway miles. So, I can state, regular long distance driving on the freeway won't increase the milage to the over 20 plus as indicated by the manufacture, and EPA. Apparantly, General Motors, GMC division, decided to build a very poor vehicle that looks good. And the EPA assignment of 24 mpg, and 17 mpg, must be another government error."

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I've had a 2007 SLT going on 3 years this July 2010. It is a lease, which expires soon. I traded in my VW Toureg. I've owned several other SUV's over the years from Nissan Pathfinder, Dodge Raider, GMC Jimmy, Dodge Durango. Let me start by saying that this Acadia is probably the best looking SUV on the road, IMO. Even the interior looks great. As a golfer, it can fit 4 sets of clubs in the back, with the 3rd row down. That was a big problem with the Toureg, and one of the main reasons I got rid of it. (That and the 92 octane gas). Features like the back up sensors, the automatic liftgate, and the heads-up display are things you didn't know how much you needed them until you got them. The leather inside and much of the enterior trim is virtually identical to the Cadillac SUVs, which I have rented. With GM and the American auto industry in trouble, I wanted to buy American. Now the cons: 1. The first problem was the cargo net clips literally pulled/broke clean off when I pulled on it to stretch the cargo net within the first couple months. Cheap plastic construction, (although all cars seemed to be in that regard). 2. Next, my on-board computer control stopped working within 1 year. So I can't get tire pressure readings, mileage, etc. (Local dealer order parts, then was one of the dealers to get closed down before they could fix it). 3. The entire light switch fell into the dash. Yes, just fell into the hole it was attached to. Nothing I did to cause it. 4. As others have noted, in wet weather, anything more than slight acceleration causes the front tires to spin like mad. I can imagine how it would do on ice or snow (I live in Hawaii, so no problem there). 5. Generally handles OK. Certainly no AWD Toureg, but perhaps the AWD Acadia would be much better. 6. Agree about driving with the front windows down. It buffets your ears like crazy. Sometimes you can roll the back windows down to a certain level and that gets rid of it. 7. The price seems kind of steep, particularly if you have any meaningful options, which can bring the vehicle up towards the high $40s to possibly low $50s. But overall, its a decent American car with the best styling out there. IMO, way better than the Saturn version or the quite ugly Enclave. And certainly better than the prior generation(s) of GM SUVs. The styling designers of this vehicle should be promoted. In summary, it's a beautiful vehicle with average performance. It's a bit overpriced, but then again, what doesn't seem to be these days. The real test will be if I decide to purchase the car at the end of my lease term. I've only put less than 17k on the vehicle, so I will not purchase it outright without also purchasing an extend warranty. If I keep it, I will update this post in a year or so."

Best non-Minivan Family Car ever!

By on Monday, February 22, 2010

"If your family is like mine and needs to move the kids and their friends around, but do not want to drive a minivan, this is the vehicle. Great quality, gorgeous styling (for a family car) and room for everything, I can't think of anything to change except the price (though it is certainly comparable to the ugly Hummer-like Pilot, ugly hearse-like Flex and ugly boring Highlander. GM deserves the support with cars like this (and various other world beaters like the Malibu, CTS, Lacrosse, SRX, just to name a few. First GM car I have ever purchased and will not be the last. Give it a chance and I assure you it will impress."

2007 Model SLT Super Options

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"I have every option you can put on this vehicle. I have tried; but i can't find a better SUV. And the HUD; try to find another vehicle with that feature. I call my Acadia my "Land Yacht"."

Love My Acadia!

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"This is the first "non-minivan" vehicle I've owned that has the same convenience, versatility and ROOM as a minivan. With 10 yr old twins, who play a ton of sports, plus a dog that goes everywhere with us, along with a job that needs room for clients/guests, this is the perfect combination. It's stylish, very nice interior (not cheap looking), solid construction, and smooth ride - and we can use it for everything - weekend ski trips, trips to Home Depot, soccer gear...you name it. I like the way the seats fold down to give you plenty of storage space. I have (and prefer) the captain's seats in the second row - makes it much easier to get in and out of the "way back" seat. I would buy, lease or whatever, another Acadia in a minute!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals