2012 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 490 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Don't get the dual sunroof

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "Nice high ride. Decent highway mileage."

Cons: "Rattles and Wind Noise."

"There are too many rattles, from the sunroof and doors, for a vehicle that has an M.S.R.P. of $44,000.00. The ride is nice but the transmission seems to stick when going over speed bumps. Wind noise starts occurring at 50+ MPH. Seating is not the most comfortable especially the passenger front and middle seats. Rear camera gets very spotty in the rain, poor positioning. I was expecting a lot more from this vehicle."

Toyota puts GMC Acadia to shame

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"I have had a 2009 Acadia for about 19 months and put 32K miles on it. It has been one headache after another! It's been in the shop for repairs multiple times. Two of the issues that arose have made the vehicle un-driveable - broken stabilizer bar & leaking fuel injector. The other issues have been related to noises (steering gear, steering column, fan motor) and a burned out headlight (at less than 30K miles... really!?). I have owned 5 Toyotas and put about 100K miles on each of them before we bought the Acadia and I have had less problems on all of them COMBINED than on this one GMC piece of junk. I am trading for a Toyota Sequoia as soon as I get it back from being fixed. I'll admit, I like the looks of it, but it's been a big headache!"

Disappointed!

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I bought one of the first '07 models. It is a great looking car, but the performance is lacking. At about 20,000 miles the headache started. I have been in and out of the service department with two transmission software updates and a sunroof and windshield replacement, to list a few. I now have a case with GM and they have attached a data recorder to my engine. It seems to want to down shift as I try to accelerate to pass. This is dangerous! With almost 28,000 miles, I am wanting to trade it before the warranty expires. Unfortunately, it's service record is lengthy and will deter a potential buyer. I wish GM would fix these issues so I can buy an updated model without issues. P.S. the dashboard chrome needs to go. It is blinding in the right light. Also, it would be nice if the rear window would be operable."

Nice car but you will never get the milage it says

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "nice vehicle"

Cons: "Poor mileage"

"For a SUV we love this vehicle as it is a very nice vehicle that runs nice. However, would never buy it again. We have the AWD drive version where MPG are rated 17/23. You will never get that! The best we ever got was on a 400 mile trip that was all 55 to 60 miles per hour with no stops and very few hills. Got 21 mpg. Our overall average is 18 and if you go on the interstate don't ever expect to get in excess of 19. We were so disappointed we even complained to GMC who responded with a bunch of superficial responses but ultimatley they would not respond to our complaints in a meaningful manner"

don't buy

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

"2007 acadia, currently 42000 miles, since 38000 miles the alternator, fuel injection system, timing chain, brake master cylinder have been replaced. Difficult getting gmc to take responsibility for poor engineering and overall quality. Will trade in today since car paid for and out of warranty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals