• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 441 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Rides a little rough or hard for a $45000.00 car

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Sharp looking for a family lots of room"

Cons: "Body is cheaply made"

"Car is reliable larger wheels give a hard ride. Feels more like a pickup ride than a mid luxury car. Lots of plastic body parts which don't fair very well in colder climates. Cold makes plastic brittle. Hit a raccoon in winter and car took $4500.00 damage to repair. If front end had a steel bumper damage would have been minimal."

Nice car but cramped left leg and cheap plastics.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Drives great. Quiet. Good power. Roomy."

Cons: "Poor mileage. Too much hard plastic."

"Mostly roomy, quiet and handles well. Pulls my 4,000lb boat fairly well. Only gets 17 on the highway not towing and 10 towing. Not enough room to get my left leg comfortable and hard, cheap plastic everywhere. Chrome around A/C vents is absolutely blinding when the sun hits it just right. Love the rear A/C, Bose 5.1 10 speaker sound system and the heated and cooled seats. AWD works great in the rain and on slick boat ramps. Rear DVD screen is very small. Navigation is DVD based but works fairly well. Bluetooth will not stream music from your phone, but voice calls are not too bad. Stability control is amazing. Love the HUD. Don't ever want a car without it."

Kinda falling apart

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, comfortable, good size"

Cons: "Hard to maneuver and park, paint chips, not rugged"

"Oh, my beautiful truck. The paint chips and scrapes off this thing, it's unbelievable. Some pieces of weather trim are coming off and I have to it back together all the time. It's kinda difficult to drive and park, I thought I'd get used to it, but I'm not. Worst of all, WHY did I buy an SUV no all-wheel drive? It slides all over the place. I thought I'd have it forever but here I am shopping again."

Comfortable, reliable, good looking and safe

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This is my first SUV after a lifetime of driving a pick up. The Acadia is a very good looking car, best I class. The safety features are excellent and the automatic all wheel drive saved me a potentially catastrophic accident on snow and ice. I was mildly disappointed with the gas mileage, but, I have never had a six cylinder vehicle before and this car is heavier than most in it's class. I am a big guy, the car was comfortable with plenty of room. I enjoyed the car and I never had a problem with the vehicle in 114,000 miles...very well maintained and no repairs in 6 years. I am 56 and this has been one of my favorite vehicles in 40 years of driving."

Big Disappointment

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"Where do I begin? Very disappointed in many respects. I leased this SUV in Feb. and have put on 3,000+ miles. I assumed that getting heated & cooled leather seat would give us the most comfort. WRONG!! Seats are hard & uncomfortable, cooling feature is a waste. It starts working as you arrive at your destination. Engine is noisy on acceleration. Gas mileage absolutely stinks (18 on Interstate). Roomy? Yes, and A/C works well, but that's about it. It's Overpriced for what you get. I turned in a 2011 Chrysler T&C for this and wish I hadn't. We are seniors and looked for more comfort but got less. Glad I didn't buy it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals