• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 438 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Comfortable, reliable, good looking and safe

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This is my first SUV after a lifetime of driving a pick up. The Acadia is a very good looking car, best I class. The safety features are excellent and the automatic all wheel drive saved me a potentially catastrophic accident on snow and ice. I was mildly disappointed with the gas mileage, but, I have never had a six cylinder vehicle before and this car is heavier than most in it's class. I am a big guy, the car was comfortable with plenty of room. I enjoyed the car and I never had a problem with the vehicle in 114,000 miles...very well maintained and no repairs in 6 years. I am 56 and this has been one of my favorite vehicles in 40 years of driving."

Big Disappointment

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"Where do I begin? Very disappointed in many respects. I leased this SUV in Feb. and have put on 3,000+ miles. I assumed that getting heated & cooled leather seat would give us the most comfort. WRONG!! Seats are hard & uncomfortable, cooling feature is a waste. It starts working as you arrive at your destination. Engine is noisy on acceleration. Gas mileage absolutely stinks (18 on Interstate). Roomy? Yes, and A/C works well, but that's about it. It's Overpriced for what you get. I turned in a 2011 Chrysler T&C for this and wish I hadn't. We are seniors and looked for more comfort but got less. Glad I didn't buy it."

My second one,2007 SLT2,2011 Denali,buying a 2015.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "great looking,excellant handling and fuel savings,"

"Before the Acadia i drove GMC Yukon Denali,s,sold the big boat and now drive the Acadia.Great SUV,comfortable,plenty of power,and lots of room."

Excellent vehicle for my needs

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Space, ride comfort, ruggedness, styling"

Cons: "OnStar is primitive, entertainment system limited"

"Wanted a vehicle to replace our 2003 AWD Pontiac Montana. Needed lots of interior room with a flat floor for when we go to dog shows and general hauling. We live in the country and need serious AWD and ground clearance. Looked at the all competition and found that the Acadia had the features, performance, handling, and ride comfort that we wanted for the best overall cost."

Best of 4 SUV's I've owned. Enjoy driving it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Big vehicle that drives like a sedan"

Cons: "Recalls."

"This is a big vehicle but the drive is like a sedan. Interior comfort is terrific. Great on long drives. Cargo space surpassed my expectations. Rear camera is a must on this vehicle. Sightlines are very good. Vehicle has more than adequate pickup. Gas mileage no better than other SUVs. I've had 4 recalls for various items including a defective water pump. Interior finishing work is fair to good but starting to note some cracks and wear on dash buttons. Still, though, I believe GMC builds a very good SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals