• 2014 Compact SUVs

2012 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Worst Vehicle EVER

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Piece of JUNK"

"Please do not ever buy this car. At 100 k miles the trans went out, sun roof leaks, rack and pinion has also gone out. I've heard of SEVERAL other people I know personally that have had the same problems I have. This vehicle is a piece of junk!"

Great car until the tansmission failed at 61,000

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Great carrying capacity. 7 people and stuff."

Cons: "Transmission unreliable."

"Great car for family. Good in bad weather. Transmission failure at 61,000. Had a previous recall on transmission too. Over $2k to fix. Poor quality."

Problems out of the gate

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride"

Cons: "bad build...bad engneering...engine issues"

"We purchased the Acadia Denali to replace a GMC Yukon Denali XL because it was so big and a real gas hog. We had purchased a 2010 Acadia for our Daughter and Son-in-Law and loved the way it handled...plus the gas mileage was better and the third row seats were built-in so we did not have to lug the huge Yukon seats around. Immediately after purchase we had a leak in the roof and water sloshing around everywhere and even through the vents and down into the dash. They had it for several days and did fix that issue. There were many other issues with small plastic parts that came loose or just were never installed. For instance the lock pull on the drivers side door was never installed and was just sitting in the slot. If you pulled it just came right out. We have an intermittent problem with acceleration...the car sometimes almost stalls when in a situation where you need quick acceleration...and I have almost been hit 3 different times because of this. We noticed that the acceleration is not nearly as good as the earlier Acadia models. Mileage is not much better than the Yukon XL (about 2 mile/gal better. Of course the acceleration issue is nothing that the dealer can find. I will be trading this vehicle this year and may go back to the Yukon since they now have the 3rd row seats built-in like all other large brands. The quality of the engineering and the build from the factory are very disappointing. It looks good since they have figured out a way to make cheap plastic seem luxurious."

Fits well for me!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Good size, nice option packages, lots of cubbies"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is the second Acadia I have owned. Actually traded in one to buy a newer one of the same color, but more options. Since the second one was a demo model, it had more options than I would have liked, like the entertainment system, but I got a good deal. I like the size - not too big, not too small. Love the head-up display. It has just okay get-up-and-go but that's fine by me. Biggest issue is the less-than-stellar gas mileage (I average about 17 mpg). Also, on both Acadias I have owned, the DRL bulbs tend to burn out every six months or so and are very inconvenient to replace."

This has been an outstanding vehicle for us.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle overall"

Cons: "Rough start but then all good"

"Great vehicle with amazing versatility and functionality. We love this Acadia. One of best vehicles I have ever owned in over 30 years of car ownership."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals