2012 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 446 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Not what I thought

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Heads-up"

Cons: "Rear window too high, V-6 engine, electrical"

"I bought this car used just over one year ago.I have had Chevys in the past. Loved my Tahoe and Trailblazer. I was looking for a crossover with better fuel economy yet the pizazz of the SUV. What a disappointment! Even on highway driving within the speed limit this AWD does not perform better than 17mpg! I should have stayed with my 2005 Trailblazer! I especially do not like the high rear window. You cannot see what is behind u without using the rear camera. The use of the DVD for the grandkids is terrible. Once down , you cannot see out your rear view mirror. So now, no rear view mirror and no view from rear window. Yikes! Much like the Chevy Navigation, very poor. Does not use satellite to update roads etc. Disk is non-functional and outdated. I use my Apple I-phone instead. V6-poor pick up, engine is whinny. Had it for less than 1 month and pad on parking brake fell off. Headlight went out and they have replaced it, out again and now are telling me it is electrical! Tires needed to be replaced within 3 months of owning. BEST UPGRADE: Heads-up!! I love it and would get it on any other car I purchase."

Worst car ever

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Roomy space"

Cons: "Fuel economy, Styling, Price, Trunk space"

"Very bad fuel economy. Window sticker said mpg is 16 city, but we got 10mpg. The price is higher than the chevy traverse and ford explorer. Some people said the styling is horrible."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"Great look, very reliable, very functional."

really nice vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "no driver information center"

"Perfect vehicle for taking a foursome golfing. Plenty of room for 4 people, 4 sets of golf clubs. The "grey ghost" has a great smooth ride. The rear air conditioner is great for back seat riders and allows the front seat riders to have a comfortable ride because the driver doesn't have to put air on full to get to back seat. Engine has plenty of power and very good acceleration. This is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great vehcicle for drive comfort and utility

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Room and comfort - Good power and driveability"

Cons: "Higher ownership costs for maintenance"

"We have owned this vehicle for about 6 months and put on about 7,000 miles. We purchased it used from a dealership. We added a towing package and the V-6 has plenty of power for passing and towing. It does not get the best milage ranging between 18 - 24 mpg. It is very comfortable and has the third row seating which is convenient if you wish to haul a crowd. Seats hid away allowing lots of room for hauling items. The hatch back open wide enough so you can load things easily. It is easy to get around in traffic and is confortable on the highway. It rides a little rough, but then it is an AWD larger vehicle and I generally expect the ride. We traded off a 2004 GMC Sierra pickup on this vehicle. We had purchased the 2004 Sierra new and found many of the same reliability and maintenance costs in the Acadia as we had experienced in the GMC truck. It seems like at about 60,000 miles you are going to start spending money on maintenance in a GM product. We just spent $1,500 to replace a worn out seal in the steering gear housing. We also replaced the front struts. Great vehicle, but you better plan to spend some money to keep it up once it gets over the 60,000 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals