2007 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 490 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Don't get the dual sunroof

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "Nice high ride. Decent highway mileage."

Cons: "Rattles and Wind Noise."

"There are too many rattles, from the sunroof and doors, for a vehicle that has an M.S.R.P. of $44,000.00. The ride is nice but the transmission seems to stick when going over speed bumps. Wind noise starts occurring at 50+ MPH. Seating is not the most comfortable especially the passenger front and middle seats. Rear camera gets very spotty in the rain, poor positioning. I was expecting a lot more from this vehicle."

Toyota puts GMC Acadia to shame

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"I have had a 2009 Acadia for about 19 months and put 32K miles on it. It has been one headache after another! It's been in the shop for repairs multiple times. Two of the issues that arose have made the vehicle un-driveable - broken stabilizer bar & leaking fuel injector. The other issues have been related to noises (steering gear, steering column, fan motor) and a burned out headlight (at less than 30K miles... really!?). I have owned 5 Toyotas and put about 100K miles on each of them before we bought the Acadia and I have had less problems on all of them COMBINED than on this one GMC piece of junk. I am trading for a Toyota Sequoia as soon as I get it back from being fixed. I'll admit, I like the looks of it, but it's been a big headache!"

Nice car but you will never get the milage it says

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "nice vehicle"

Cons: "Poor mileage"

"For a SUV we love this vehicle as it is a very nice vehicle that runs nice. However, would never buy it again. We have the AWD drive version where MPG are rated 17/23. You will never get that! The best we ever got was on a 400 mile trip that was all 55 to 60 miles per hour with no stops and very few hills. Got 21 mpg. Our overall average is 18 and if you go on the interstate don't ever expect to get in excess of 19. We were so disappointed we even complained to GMC who responded with a bunch of superficial responses but ultimatley they would not respond to our complaints in a meaningful manner"

don't buy

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

"2007 acadia, currently 42000 miles, since 38000 miles the alternator, fuel injection system, timing chain, brake master cylinder have been replaced. Difficult getting gmc to take responsibility for poor engineering and overall quality. Will trade in today since car paid for and out of warranty."

Disappointed!

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I bought one of the first '07 models. It is a great looking car, but the performance is lacking. At about 20,000 miles the headache started. I have been in and out of the service department with two transmission software updates and a sunroof and windshield replacement, to list a few. I now have a case with GM and they have attached a data recorder to my engine. It seems to want to down shift as I try to accelerate to pass. This is dangerous! With almost 28,000 miles, I am wanting to trade it before the warranty expires. Unfortunately, it's service record is lengthy and will deter a potential buyer. I wish GM would fix these issues so I can buy an updated model without issues. P.S. the dashboard chrome needs to go. It is blinding in the right light. Also, it would be nice if the rear window would be operable."

Avoid This Drivetrain

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Starting with the 2009 Acadia, these engines have developed a history of major malfunctions, allegedly from a defective timing chain. My engine completely failed at 35,000 miles, even with regular oil changes. The problem may have been solved in the later models, but why buy a car with a history of problems?"

Love it!

By on Saturday, June 05, 2010

"Ordered my Acadia specifically for me 2 and a half years ago and so glad I did. Traded in a Yukon (which I also loved), but needed to downsize. I think the Acadia has as much cargo room as the Yukon did. Love the easy-down third row seats, the power tailgate, and especially the head-up display. Don''t know how I lived without it! The 2nd row captain's seats are roomy and comfy. Wish the gas mileage was better. I've gotten 24 on the highway, but overall averages about 18. Used to trade in my vehicles every three years, but plan on keeping this one a lot longer. Have found a few times that the pillars on either side of the windshield have impeded visibility when pulling out in traffic, but I know now that I must adjust for that. It has been in the shop for a couple minor engine leaks, but car was back in one day. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a mid-size SUV."

Driving me nuts!!

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"The power/shifting on this vehicle is AWFUL and annoying. I had it in the shop for a transmission reflash that worked tremendously for about a month and then went back to it's old ways. I really wish the cup holders were removable as well. With younger kids the drinks sometimes leak in them and you cannot clean them very easily. No real cubbies in the pilot area for storing much of anything. Really miss my Tahoe that I traded this for. The gas mileage isn't any better either. I do love the captain chairs in the middle row. I just wish they locked in place when they are pushed forward. This vehicle was designed on looks - not real functionality."

Only a Little Letdown

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful Car, Drives Great"

Cons: "Not enough gadgets for the $, Poor Stereo Sound"

"Don't get me wrong - I love this car. But for what I paid for the base model, I really wish it had more features. You can't get a sunroof unless you pay for the top-tier model. There's hands-free calling, as long as you pay for a number and minutes through On-Star. And I have to plug my iPod into a jack with a cord to listen to MP3's. But I'm a gadget guru... The reason I gave quality and Design 4's is that the seat cushions seem a little cheap to me. There are a couple places on the driver's and passenger's seats that are a little buckled up. I'm not sure if the foam inside is curled up or the fabric is just buckling but this is a brand new car. I really enjoy driving it. The turning radius is great for getting into tight spaces, despite the size of the car. There's plenty of room for all 3 of my teenage kids and some of their friends or cargo. They wish it had a separate radio and headphones for them though. I was, however, a little surprised that it has a 22 gallon gas tank. That's quite a shocker the first time you fill up. The gas mileage is just ok. I have an 18 mile commute to work on mostly highway and I average 19 mpg. And if you like the music loud, you may want to upgrade the stereo system. The loudest setting is still pleasant to me but certainly not loud enough to really have a good time on the road. All in all, I love the car, I just wish it gave me a little better value."

Love my Acadia

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Awesome comfort and room, decent gas mileage. Only complaint - some squaks in the dashboard area beginning at 10,000 miles. Captains chairs are the way to go."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals