2007 GMC Acadia

7.7

Based on 449 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Possibly the Safest Vehicle on the Road

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Stout, looks, roomy, easy parking, nice drive"

Cons: "gas mileage not what I had hoped"

Police estimated impact over 30 mph. 2001 Yukon that hit it was totaled.

"First off, love the truck. It is a truck like the main article on this website states. Secondly, it's GMC solid, and that extends to the body. I saw one review saying the body was weak and made of cheap plastics. That is simply not true. The day my license plates arrived which was about two weeks after buying the truck, my entire family was out for a drive. We were sitting at a stop light and as I looked into the rear view mirror I see a 2001 GMC Yukon coming in far too fast to stop in time. In the blink of an eye, and thankfully, the texting driver of the other vehicle looked up, cut his wheel and slid into the right rear of our 2014 Acadia at a police estimated impact of 30+ mph. The other vehicle's driver side hit our right rear. The Yukon was destroyed. The Acadia barely even moved upon impact. (I had the brakes locked as there were cars in front of me.) The damage to my Acadia was minimal by comparison (see picture). My 12 year old son was in the third row and admittedly, had the driver not been alerted sooner and hit us with the bumper of his Yukon things would most certainly turned out differently, but at the speed in which the Yukon was coming towards us, me looking into the rear view mirror seeing my son there and quite frankly, expecting much worse than what happened. We drove the truck home that day, all of us unhurt. It was amazing to say the least. Our 2014 GMC Acadia is tough. I would imagine yours would be too. If you're thinking of buying a crossover, there is no other choice in my opinion. I honestly believe the 2014 GMC Acadia could be the safest vehicle on the road. At the very least, for rear end impacts."

Police estimated impact over 30 mph. 2001 Yukon that hit it was totaled.

Love this vehicle, just need bigger

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy for small suv"

Cons: "No cons"

"N/a"

Disappointing buy

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy"

Cons: "Heated driver seat problems"

"I bought this used with 25k miles and now have 43k miles. Heated drivers seat is starting to give me problems. I have extended warranty but finding the problem is a problem"

Not what I thought

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Heads-up"

Cons: "Rear window too high, V-6 engine, electrical"

"I bought this car used just over one year ago.I have had Chevys in the past. Loved my Tahoe and Trailblazer. I was looking for a crossover with better fuel economy yet the pizazz of the SUV. What a disappointment! Even on highway driving within the speed limit this AWD does not perform better than 17mpg! I should have stayed with my 2005 Trailblazer! I especially do not like the high rear window. You cannot see what is behind u without using the rear camera. The use of the DVD for the grandkids is terrible. Once down , you cannot see out your rear view mirror. So now, no rear view mirror and no view from rear window. Yikes! Much like the Chevy Navigation, very poor. Does not use satellite to update roads etc. Disk is non-functional and outdated. I use my Apple I-phone instead. V6-poor pick up, engine is whinny. Had it for less than 1 month and pad on parking brake fell off. Headlight went out and they have replaced it, out again and now are telling me it is electrical! Tires needed to be replaced within 3 months of owning. BEST UPGRADE: Heads-up!! I love it and would get it on any other car I purchase."

Worst car ever

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Roomy space"

Cons: "Fuel economy, Styling, Price, Trunk space"

"Very bad fuel economy. Window sticker said mpg is 16 city, but we got 10mpg. The price is higher than the chevy traverse and ford explorer. Some people said the styling is horrible."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"Great look, very reliable, very functional."

really nice vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "no driver information center"

"Perfect vehicle for taking a foursome golfing. Plenty of room for 4 people, 4 sets of golf clubs. The "grey ghost" has a great smooth ride. The rear air conditioner is great for back seat riders and allows the front seat riders to have a comfortable ride because the driver doesn't have to put air on full to get to back seat. Engine has plenty of power and very good acceleration. This is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great vehcicle for drive comfort and utility

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Room and comfort - Good power and driveability"

Cons: "Higher ownership costs for maintenance"

"We have owned this vehicle for about 6 months and put on about 7,000 miles. We purchased it used from a dealership. We added a towing package and the V-6 has plenty of power for passing and towing. It does not get the best milage ranging between 18 - 24 mpg. It is very comfortable and has the third row seating which is convenient if you wish to haul a crowd. Seats hid away allowing lots of room for hauling items. The hatch back open wide enough so you can load things easily. It is easy to get around in traffic and is confortable on the highway. It rides a little rough, but then it is an AWD larger vehicle and I generally expect the ride. We traded off a 2004 GMC Sierra pickup on this vehicle. We had purchased the 2004 Sierra new and found many of the same reliability and maintenance costs in the Acadia as we had experienced in the GMC truck. It seems like at about 60,000 miles you are going to start spending money on maintenance in a GM product. We just spent $1,500 to replace a worn out seal in the steering gear housing. We also replaced the front struts. Great vehicle, but you better plan to spend some money to keep it up once it gets over the 60,000 miles."

dont buy

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "pretty"

Cons: "to many to name"

"After lots of research I figured this would be the best vehicle for my family of 5. I have a 12 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty because I have replaced the water pump, heater, transmission, and it is still making awful noises. It is a beautifully designed car but is a typical GMC. I went away from ford to please my husband and let me tell you I will not EVER buy another GM product. If i didn't owe more than it is worth (which when i bought the resale value was high, and I bought for less than the value at the time) I would be getting rid of this money pit.Oh forgot to mention that I live in the mountains and it has to down shift up almost every hill (my Ford didnt) and it is very front heavy because I have to stay on the brakes because it like to go fast down hills."

Rides a little rough or hard for a $45000.00 car

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Sharp looking for a family lots of room"

Cons: "Body is cheaply made"

"Car is reliable larger wheels give a hard ride. Feels more like a pickup ride than a mid luxury car. Lots of plastic body parts which don't fair very well in colder climates. Cold makes plastic brittle. Hit a raccoon in winter and car took $4500.00 damage to repair. If front end had a steel bumper damage would have been minimal."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals