2003 Ford ZX2

8.0

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

2003 Ford ZX2

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Great motor and extremely reliable."

Cons: "Back seat is pretty small."

"This has been a great car. Very dependable. On the coldest days down in the low to mid 20's this car starts right up with the slightest touch of the key. It has plenty of power with its ZTech motor. Heater is not that great, but that is only because it needs to be replaced. Not a very strong heater motor. Over all, I love this car. I paid $1700 dollars for it, and it has been a great car. I would buy another one if I could find one that had been take care of so well as this one."

My partner in crime

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, cheap, reliable, A+ turning radius"

Cons: "Low to ground, not a lot of extra features"

"This car and I have been together since 2008 and I gotta say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made! I have had terrible luck with cars previously and was always finding myself going to the shop to get something fixed every few months. Since I got this car, I've only had to redo the brakes, tires, battery, and that's about it! It's been reliable and gets me from point A to point B without any issues. I've put on about 70k miles on it and its still running like a champ! I'd recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a cheap reliable car."

Cheap transportation

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Reason: Purchased a new car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "overheats, lack of features"

"Bought the car about a year ago, got a pretty good deal on it at the time. Was awesome in the winter, excellent driving in light snow. Until about spring time I started to have the mechanical issues. Sitting in stop/go traffic on the freeway would make the car overheat, I had to replace the thermostat because it was leaking terribly, then my cooling fan won't kick on. Replaced little things such as valve cover gasket and spark plugs, not too expensive. If you put little bits of money into it once in awhile, it should treat you just fine."

Best Ford has come up with!

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas economy, quick, and reliable"

Cons: "tight to work on if something gets broke"

"I have been driving my ford for 5 years and have put many miles on it. It travels about 50,000 miles a year the last 2 years, and has never let me down! I plan on having this car for another 20 years!"

Definite Lemon-Used Car Buyer Beware

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Decent to drive, easy to park."

Cons: "Falls apart around 90K, too many repairs."

"Bought this car used from a friend (bad idea) about a year ago for $2,500 with 90K miles on it. Within 5 minutes of owning it the passenger door handle snapped off. Should've taken it as an omen. A month down the road car died at an intersection out of nowhere, battery had a crack in it. A month after that I had to remount the motor because the motor was sliding around. Three months after that the relay switch went out for the heater ($250) and five months after that around 113K the timing belt went ($1,500) in the process of getting it towed for the timing belt the muffler clean fell off, bad weld ($75). A month after that the CCRM (for the AC) went bad. Had to re-route with a wire to run the air compressor. Currently has a bad lifter that is too expensive to replace and a broken passenger seatbelt that the wearer has to reset every time they wish to buckle up. It gets around pretty well and handles decently on the road, but shakes pretty bad when idling. Fits great into tight parking spaces in the city. Acceleration is average but sometimes shifts hard. Costs way too much to keep up and isn't going to do well on a trade-in at all."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford ZX2 near Honolulu. See local deals