2001 Ford ZX2

8.0

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Cheap transportation

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Reason: Purchased a new car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "overheats, lack of features"

"Bought the car about a year ago, got a pretty good deal on it at the time. Was awesome in the winter, excellent driving in light snow. Until about spring time I started to have the mechanical issues. Sitting in stop/go traffic on the freeway would make the car overheat, I had to replace the thermostat because it was leaking terribly, then my cooling fan won't kick on. Replaced little things such as valve cover gasket and spark plugs, not too expensive. If you put little bits of money into it once in awhile, it should treat you just fine."

Best Ford has come up with!

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas economy, quick, and reliable"

Cons: "tight to work on if something gets broke"

"I have been driving my ford for 5 years and have put many miles on it. It travels about 50,000 miles a year the last 2 years, and has never let me down! I plan on having this car for another 20 years!"

Definite Lemon-Used Car Buyer Beware

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Decent to drive, easy to park."

Cons: "Falls apart around 90K, too many repairs."

"Bought this car used from a friend (bad idea) about a year ago for $2,500 with 90K miles on it. Within 5 minutes of owning it the passenger door handle snapped off. Should've taken it as an omen. A month down the road car died at an intersection out of nowhere, battery had a crack in it. A month after that I had to remount the motor because the motor was sliding around. Three months after that the relay switch went out for the heater ($250) and five months after that around 113K the timing belt went ($1,500) in the process of getting it towed for the timing belt the muffler clean fell off, bad weld ($75). A month after that the CCRM (for the AC) went bad. Had to re-route with a wire to run the air compressor. Currently has a bad lifter that is too expensive to replace and a broken passenger seatbelt that the wearer has to reset every time they wish to buckle up. It gets around pretty well and handles decently on the road, but shakes pretty bad when idling. Fits great into tight parking spaces in the city. Acceleration is average but sometimes shifts hard. Costs way too much to keep up and isn't going to do well on a trade-in at all."

Had Hesitation Issues, but the rest is gravy

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Reason: Constant hesitation

Pros: "Fun to Drive! Stylish! Gas Mileage!"

Cons: "Puzzling HESITATION near end of life"

"THE BAD: Constant hesitation problem for an entire year. After bringing my car to, literally, countless mechanics could not find the issue as to why my car hesitated. (The cold and humidity is when it hesitated, mainly.) My only other complaint is that a lot of little things broke over the years: fuses, rear defroster, emergency brake, over-head light, etc. THE GOOD: The car has AMAZING gas mileage! Probably the most fun car I've ever driven! Driver-connection with the road, (something my NEW car lacks!) Very comfortable! Very stylish! Easy to figure out all the features! I'm going to miss this car. I just sold it to help me with a trade-in value to buy a new car. So many happy memories with this car!"

205000 miles and still hanging in there!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Tight handling, realibility, gas mileage value."

Cons: "Seats only four, cd player impedes trunk space."

Will it make it to 300K?

"My first car purchase in December of 2001 for $16000 (13000 out of pocket). It has a deluxe trim including a 6 disk rear mounted cd player, power windows, and power moon-roof. I've one had 2 issues that were not normal maintenance. At 40,000 miles a PCV valve was replaced at the dealer ($200). At 67,000 the transmission was rebuilt $1600. (I think I was scammed because the car was still doing the same thing after the work was done. It's on it's 3rd battery, 2nd alternator, 3rd set of tires, 2nd serpentine belt, 2nd water pump, 3rd set of brake pads, 2nd set of light bulbs, 2nd oil cover, 2nd temperature gauge, 2nd set of sparks plugs and wires, and 2nd starter. The air compressor and CD Player died at 170,000, the moon-roof quit at 200,000 and at 205,000 the power windows are going. The driver's seat and visor cloth is peeling due to wear. I truly have gotten my money's worth. After 13 years it needs to be replaced. I've test drove many cars and none, not even the new ones compare. If it seated 5 I would buy another with lower mileage."

Will it make it to 300K?

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford ZX2 near Honolulu. See local deals