2013 Ford Transit Connect Passenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,305 - $23,934.

6.9

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Good & Bad - would recommend for deliveries

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Storage and accessibility"

Cons: "Doesn't handle well in wind or snow & bad mileage"

"If there is wind out - it does not handle well, on snow and ice, it does not handle well, it does not get very good gas mileage and the window levers being in center instead of on doors is very inconvenient and ride in backseat is pretty bad - relatively good in front? The best thing about this is the storage capacity and the accessibility to the contents inside. We do vendor shows and we can get everything we need in there and unload in minutes and with room and height is pretty much like having a truck for most items that you need to move, like big chairs and mattresses actually fit inside. Since I can not afford a normal vehicle and one for transport it is used for both and having no back windows that open up is not convenient for anyone in backseat riding, especially our dogs that want to hang their heads out and can't. If I were using it just for our shows I would keep it in a minute, but since it has to be our regular vehicle as well, I have to go back to another type of vehicle - probably the Escape which is one of the best vehicles I ever owned and got better gas mileage in 6 cyl than this vehicle did for a 4 cyl. I still have my 2003 Ford Escape which is only now after about 10 years of use starting to have more major issues than it had most of the time I have had it. What I should really do is put lots of money into it to fix it back up and then keep both vehicles?"

Two Main Issues

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Design, accesibility, MPG"

Cons: "Bad radio/speaker, insufficient horn, mech. issues"

"Good truck, good mileage, great design for contractor. Two issues: was in shop for 3 weeks for TPS (Tire Pressure Sensor ) issue, and in two weeks for acceleration/hesitation. Mechanics don't seem to be very adept at diagnosing and solving issues on this truck - perhaps it's unfamiliarity, or maybe just my luck that I've had weird problems but every time I've had issues it's been very time-consuming and expensive to solve. Truck has been in shop 11 days now for current acceleration/hesitation issue..."

Does not handle well in weather/bad gas mileage

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Storage capacity and convience of unloading"

Cons: "Window controls, weather problems/bad mileage"

"Things I like: sliding side doors/opening back doors to side of car - we do art shows and this had been VERY convenient. Things I don't like - window openers in center console (very inconvenient) / my 6 cylinder Escape got better gas mileage than this 4 cylinder and has so little power - have to use all your power on gas pedal to get up inclines / have had front wheel drive cars always and never trouble getting around till we got this one - definitely does not handle well in snow, ice, even rain sometimes and definitely bad in wind. I like the looks and convenience of the style, but as far as the rest it has been quite the disappointment. It also does not heat well at all - eventually it gets warm, but never as soon as you need it even when left to warm up and driver's side is cold most of the time. I think blower problems on that side of car / also no mirror on driver's side visor?"

Perfect for what I use it for

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Handy vehicle - fun to own"

Cons: "Cloth seats, carpet floor"

"I purchased this vehicle when I was a Independent Courier. I chose the passenger model because I have two grand-children. This vehicle has made trips to Florida, upstate New York and to Cleveland, Ohio via West Virginia. It has been used as a dog ambulance, dog hearse, lumber carrier, furniture mover. Just an all around handy vehicle. It is easy to park and is my vehicle of choice for the runs to Costco for carrying bulky items. Don't know why Ford decided to redo for 2014. All they really needed to do is make an extended length model and they could have kept building them. Obviously is a niche market vehicle."

Great band vehicle

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "convenience, unique, great mileage"

Cons: "could have a little more oomph."

"I'm a musician and this is the best band rig I've ever owned. I can fit a ton of gear in and all the doors make it super easy to load. It's not the fastest off the line (especially when loaded) but it drives nice on the highway and gets great mileage. I have the premium xlt and the stereo sounds great."

Terriable Tranny!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Cons: "Tranny & Ford!!!!"

"Transmisson went at 50,000, Ford socalled repaired! Again at 64,000.Again at76,000 again at 80,000! I got fed up and had an independant repair it! Thank you Ford for standing behind your product! Cost to me out of pocket--2200.00!!!"

Terriable Tranny!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Cons: "Tranny & Ford!!!!"

Not Great for Service

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Cheap Original Cost"

Cons: "Too small and weak to perform"

"Currently a Service Manager for a Food and Beverage service company. We replaced three of our trucks in November of 2011, from E250 and Sprinters. The thought was better fuel rates and cheaper investment. However the Transit is extremely uncomfortable if you are taller then 5'7", no leg room at all. We have racked the trucks however we have found that there is not enough room for what we do. A large hill is the trucks enemy, no power to get out of its own way. The three trucks fuel consumption is about 20mpg average when stock with equipment. Tank is so small that techs are having refuel twice a day, decreasing billable time. At this point we have sold one, the other two are being sold. We will never purchase these again."

Came from a 10MPG Box truck

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"Nice little van, No balls what soever!! I added helper springs to take out some sag. Over all I get 22 MPG This van will pay for itself in 18 months or less with gas savings. Its terribly overloaded but the reality is it didn't have great power with nothing in it!! I can still hit 80 or better on the highway, it just takes 15 miles to get there!. Overall a great truck and will upgrading my fleet one at a time with theses bad boys."

overall is good

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Great design just like European model"

Cons: "needs diesel engine squeaky breaks,"

"Its not that great on gas milege (for a small car) especial in city. Breaks start squeaking after 2000 miles and they still do.after 13.000 miles. The bed material in cargo area is really soft and poor quality and needs some heavy degreaser to wash it . Its very convenient easy to load unload. If this Transit had a diesel and work some little things I would keep it for a long time. I use it for business every day."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25