2012 Ford Transit Connect Passenger

7.0

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10

good dependable vehicle with lots of space inside

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "very good gas mileage for the cargo capacity"

Cons: "could use a little more power and better arm rests"

"very useful for around town, hauling kids to college picking up appliances or any other large items you may purchase. great in any type of winter driving."

Good Cargo Vehicle for heavy dry loads and good MP

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Good MPG with heavy cargo"

Cons: "Traction control cannot be disabled."

"This first-year vehicle had a few hiccups, but dealer made good on all problems. Glad I bought the extended warranty. I live on a mountain, and the traction control got me stuck more than once in mud or snow trying to go up a 12% grade. It cannot be disabled and automatically applies the brakes when it senses any slip which will stall your running-start climb on a slippery up-grade. Vehicle is a little noisy at Interstate speeds on long trips. However, I find the vehicle has amazing power for a four cylinder, and great gas mileage. I often carry 500 to 900 pounds of cargo plus passengers with gas mileage in the mid-20s at 70 MPH. Rear seat area is tight, but I wanted to carry heavy loads and no mini-van is safe at the loads I carry. Rear doors full-swing is great. Caveat - If this was an AWD vehicle, it would be the perfect truck."

Good & Bad - would recommend for deliveries

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Storage and accessibility"

Cons: "Doesn't handle well in wind or snow & bad mileage"

"If there is wind out - it does not handle well, on snow and ice, it does not handle well, it does not get very good gas mileage and the window levers being in center instead of on doors is very inconvenient and ride in backseat is pretty bad - relatively good in front? The best thing about this is the storage capacity and the accessibility to the contents inside. We do vendor shows and we can get everything we need in there and unload in minutes and with room and height is pretty much like having a truck for most items that you need to move, like big chairs and mattresses actually fit inside. Since I can not afford a normal vehicle and one for transport it is used for both and having no back windows that open up is not convenient for anyone in backseat riding, especially our dogs that want to hang their heads out and can't. If I were using it just for our shows I would keep it in a minute, but since it has to be our regular vehicle as well, I have to go back to another type of vehicle - probably the Escape which is one of the best vehicles I ever owned and got better gas mileage in 6 cyl than this vehicle did for a 4 cyl. I still have my 2003 Ford Escape which is only now after about 10 years of use starting to have more major issues than it had most of the time I have had it. What I should really do is put lots of money into it to fix it back up and then keep both vehicles?"

Two Main Issues

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Design, accesibility, MPG"

Cons: "Bad radio/speaker, insufficient horn, mech. issues"

"Good truck, good mileage, great design for contractor. Two issues: was in shop for 3 weeks for TPS (Tire Pressure Sensor ) issue, and in two weeks for acceleration/hesitation. Mechanics don't seem to be very adept at diagnosing and solving issues on this truck - perhaps it's unfamiliarity, or maybe just my luck that I've had weird problems but every time I've had issues it's been very time-consuming and expensive to solve. Truck has been in shop 11 days now for current acceleration/hesitation issue..."

Does not handle well in weather/bad gas mileage

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Storage capacity and convience of unloading"

Cons: "Window controls, weather problems/bad mileage"

"Things I like: sliding side doors/opening back doors to side of car - we do art shows and this had been VERY convenient. Things I don't like - window openers in center console (very inconvenient) / my 6 cylinder Escape got better gas mileage than this 4 cylinder and has so little power - have to use all your power on gas pedal to get up inclines / have had front wheel drive cars always and never trouble getting around till we got this one - definitely does not handle well in snow, ice, even rain sometimes and definitely bad in wind. I like the looks and convenience of the style, but as far as the rest it has been quite the disappointment. It also does not heat well at all - eventually it gets warm, but never as soon as you need it even when left to warm up and driver's side is cold most of the time. I think blower problems on that side of car / also no mirror on driver's side visor?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Transit Connect Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals