2012 Ford Transit Connect Cargo

7.3

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

Not Great for Service

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Cheap Original Cost"

Cons: "Too small and weak to perform"

"Currently a Service Manager for a Food and Beverage service company. We replaced three of our trucks in November of 2011, from E250 and Sprinters. The thought was better fuel rates and cheaper investment. However the Transit is extremely uncomfortable if you are taller then 5'7", no leg room at all. We have racked the trucks however we have found that there is not enough room for what we do. A large hill is the trucks enemy, no power to get out of its own way. The three trucks fuel consumption is about 20mpg average when stock with equipment. Tank is so small that techs are having refuel twice a day, decreasing billable time. At this point we have sold one, the other two are being sold. We will never purchase these again."

Very good vehicle.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Lots of headroom, great mileage, Ford quality"

Cons: "Wish it was available in deisel and AWD."

"I have owned this vn for a year now. My mileage is between 22 and 25 mpg. I am WAY overloaded as the payload is rated at 1600 lbs and I am running about 4000 lbs all of the time. Does very well. Not a lot of extra power but plenty for my needs. The only thing I changed is I rewired the rear door locks so they unlock with the other doors rather than having to remember to push the button on the remote every time I wanted to open the rear doors. It is a comfortable enough ride once you get used to it. I came out of a Astro AWD so miss the awesome traction of the AWD but I knew it when I bought this. I am very happy with my van."

Great value for the money

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "A great value"

Cons: "A little noisy and needs more storage in driver's"

"if I had it to do over again I would buy this vehicle again. Drives great and very comfortable. Just a little noisy."

Ideal for my needs.

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"My requirements were for a small vehicle to transport my power wheelchair. Ford provided $1,200 toward the installation of a lift to load the chair. There is room to carry the chair behind the second row of seats. The tilt & telescope steering wheel and adjustable drivers seat, allows my wife at 5'1" and myself at 6'2" to both comfortably operate the vehicle. Power door locks, mirrows, remote start, backup alarm and engine heater add to the pleasure of driving the transit connect."

great little van

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Pros: "Tons of room, turns on a dime, huge windows"

"I purchased my van as my personal vehicle, not for commercial use. I wanted something big enough to handle purchases at the hardware store or the flat-pack furniture store, without having to rent or borrow a truck. I wanted good gas mileage. I was coming out of 4 years in a Ford Focus. I had been watching the Transit Connect van for years. When I found out the little van was a 4 cyl, on the same frame as my Focus, I was sold! I have read plenty of negative comments about this van, and the 2012 year model. I am writing this to say I have nothing but positive things to offer about my experience with this van. Maybe I just got lucky, maybe it's because I love it and treat it with affection and care, or maybe it's just because I use it as a personal vehicle rather than the wear and tear that a commercial vehicle would get. I don't know, but I thought someone should take the time to say some good and positive things. I get stopped all the time by people curious about my van. I always give the same answer: Yes it's my personal van and I love it. I give "tours" to anyone that wants to look inside because I stopped lots of guys asking the same questions before I bought mine."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Transit Connect Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals