2010 Ford Transit Connect Cargo

7.0

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10

good dependable vehicle with lots of space inside

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "very good gas mileage for the cargo capacity"

Cons: "could use a little more power and better arm rests"

"very useful for around town, hauling kids to college picking up appliances or any other large items you may purchase. great in any type of winter driving."

Good Cargo Vehicle for heavy dry loads and good MP

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Good MPG with heavy cargo"

Cons: "Traction control cannot be disabled."

"This first-year vehicle had a few hiccups, but dealer made good on all problems. Glad I bought the extended warranty. I live on a mountain, and the traction control got me stuck more than once in mud or snow trying to go up a 12% grade. It cannot be disabled and automatically applies the brakes when it senses any slip which will stall your running-start climb on a slippery up-grade. Vehicle is a little noisy at Interstate speeds on long trips. However, I find the vehicle has amazing power for a four cylinder, and great gas mileage. I often carry 500 to 900 pounds of cargo plus passengers with gas mileage in the mid-20s at 70 MPH. Rear seat area is tight, but I wanted to carry heavy loads and no mini-van is safe at the loads I carry. Rear doors full-swing is great. Caveat - If this was an AWD vehicle, it would be the perfect truck."

Good & Bad - would recommend for deliveries

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Storage and accessibility"

Cons: "Doesn't handle well in wind or snow & bad mileage"

"If there is wind out - it does not handle well, on snow and ice, it does not handle well, it does not get very good gas mileage and the window levers being in center instead of on doors is very inconvenient and ride in backseat is pretty bad - relatively good in front? The best thing about this is the storage capacity and the accessibility to the contents inside. We do vendor shows and we can get everything we need in there and unload in minutes and with room and height is pretty much like having a truck for most items that you need to move, like big chairs and mattresses actually fit inside. Since I can not afford a normal vehicle and one for transport it is used for both and having no back windows that open up is not convenient for anyone in backseat riding, especially our dogs that want to hang their heads out and can't. If I were using it just for our shows I would keep it in a minute, but since it has to be our regular vehicle as well, I have to go back to another type of vehicle - probably the Escape which is one of the best vehicles I ever owned and got better gas mileage in 6 cyl than this vehicle did for a 4 cyl. I still have my 2003 Ford Escape which is only now after about 10 years of use starting to have more major issues than it had most of the time I have had it. What I should really do is put lots of money into it to fix it back up and then keep both vehicles?"

Two Main Issues

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Design, accesibility, MPG"

Cons: "Bad radio/speaker, insufficient horn, mech. issues"

"Good truck, good mileage, great design for contractor. Two issues: was in shop for 3 weeks for TPS (Tire Pressure Sensor ) issue, and in two weeks for acceleration/hesitation. Mechanics don't seem to be very adept at diagnosing and solving issues on this truck - perhaps it's unfamiliarity, or maybe just my luck that I've had weird problems but every time I've had issues it's been very time-consuming and expensive to solve. Truck has been in shop 11 days now for current acceleration/hesitation issue..."

Does not handle well in weather/bad gas mileage

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Storage capacity and convience of unloading"

Cons: "Window controls, weather problems/bad mileage"

"Things I like: sliding side doors/opening back doors to side of car - we do art shows and this had been VERY convenient. Things I don't like - window openers in center console (very inconvenient) / my 6 cylinder Escape got better gas mileage than this 4 cylinder and has so little power - have to use all your power on gas pedal to get up inclines / have had front wheel drive cars always and never trouble getting around till we got this one - definitely does not handle well in snow, ice, even rain sometimes and definitely bad in wind. I like the looks and convenience of the style, but as far as the rest it has been quite the disappointment. It also does not heat well at all - eventually it gets warm, but never as soon as you need it even when left to warm up and driver's side is cold most of the time. I think blower problems on that side of car / also no mirror on driver's side visor?"

Perfect for what I use it for

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Handy vehicle - fun to own"

Cons: "Cloth seats, carpet floor"

"I purchased this vehicle when I was a Independent Courier. I chose the passenger model because I have two grand-children. This vehicle has made trips to Florida, upstate New York and to Cleveland, Ohio via West Virginia. It has been used as a dog ambulance, dog hearse, lumber carrier, furniture mover. Just an all around handy vehicle. It is easy to park and is my vehicle of choice for the runs to Costco for carrying bulky items. Don't know why Ford decided to redo for 2014. All they really needed to do is make an extended length model and they could have kept building them. Obviously is a niche market vehicle."

Great band vehicle

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "convenience, unique, great mileage"

Cons: "could have a little more oomph."

"I'm a musician and this is the best band rig I've ever owned. I can fit a ton of gear in and all the doors make it super easy to load. It's not the fastest off the line (especially when loaded) but it drives nice on the highway and gets great mileage. I have the premium xlt and the stereo sounds great."

Terriable Tranny!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Cons: "Tranny & Ford!!!!"

"Transmisson went at 50,000, Ford socalled repaired! Again at 64,000.Again at76,000 again at 80,000! I got fed up and had an independant repair it! Thank you Ford for standing behind your product! Cost to me out of pocket--2200.00!!!"

Terriable Tranny!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Cons: "Tranny & Ford!!!!"

Not Great for Service

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Cheap Original Cost"

Cons: "Too small and weak to perform"

"Currently a Service Manager for a Food and Beverage service company. We replaced three of our trucks in November of 2011, from E250 and Sprinters. The thought was better fuel rates and cheaper investment. However the Transit is extremely uncomfortable if you are taller then 5'7", no leg room at all. We have racked the trucks however we have found that there is not enough room for what we do. A large hill is the trucks enemy, no power to get out of its own way. The three trucks fuel consumption is about 20mpg average when stock with equipment. Tank is so small that techs are having refuel twice a day, decreasing billable time. At this point we have sold one, the other two are being sold. We will never purchase these again."

Came from a 10MPG Box truck

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"Nice little van, No balls what soever!! I added helper springs to take out some sag. Over all I get 22 MPG This van will pay for itself in 18 months or less with gas savings. Its terribly overloaded but the reality is it didn't have great power with nothing in it!! I can still hit 80 or better on the highway, it just takes 15 miles to get there!. Overall a great truck and will upgrading my fleet one at a time with theses bad boys."

overall is good

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Great design just like European model"

Cons: "needs diesel engine squeaky breaks,"

"Its not that great on gas milege (for a small car) especial in city. Breaks start squeaking after 2000 miles and they still do.after 13.000 miles. The bed material in cargo area is really soft and poor quality and needs some heavy degreaser to wash it . Its very convenient easy to load unload. If this Transit had a diesel and work some little things I would keep it for a long time. I use it for business every day."

florist delivery van //on second one //do it again

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "good for a small business that doesn't overload it"

Cons: "we all agree it could use a diesel//wake up ford!!"

"my boss traded in an old 350 van for this transit. we used this van daily for city and highway driving. can't say enough as to how much each driver that used this van enjoys it. we all agree that with the opines about blind spots with first transit:second one has windows all around."

Service Techs Dream

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Price and economical operation"

Cons: "none if used for its purpose - a commercial van"

"This van is used in connection with my radio engineering service. It is equipped with custom shelving and compartments for the many electronic gizmos that I must carry. The van serves as transportation, storage and my mobile office. Summertime MPG is approx. 20 and winter is 24. Never have had any problem; always can depend on the little van."

This is not a Ford car, please

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

I don't own this car

"They only put Ford name to an european poor vehicle, only two months on the street, most time on the dealer, please if you are looking a car for work, this is not an option."

Very good vehicle.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Lots of headroom, great mileage, Ford quality"

Cons: "Wish it was available in deisel and AWD."

"I have owned this vn for a year now. My mileage is between 22 and 25 mpg. I am WAY overloaded as the payload is rated at 1600 lbs and I am running about 4000 lbs all of the time. Does very well. Not a lot of extra power but plenty for my needs. The only thing I changed is I rewired the rear door locks so they unlock with the other doors rather than having to remember to push the button on the remote every time I wanted to open the rear doors. It is a comfortable enough ride once you get used to it. I came out of a Astro AWD so miss the awesome traction of the AWD but I knew it when I bought this. I am very happy with my van."

Love this vehicle

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good MPG, fun to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"At 6' 3", 248# most american cars have become to small for me to drive, including small trucks. I didn't want a large truck any longer due to fuel costs. This little van is an awesome trade off. 25 MPG, 1500# cargo load, and convertible seats in the rear. Plus, sitting in the drivers seat, I can just barely touch the ceiling. My only gripe is how small the side view mirrors are. Leaves blind spots. This isn't a race car, but it is very fun to drive along with tight turning radius's."

Great value for the money

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "A great value"

Cons: "A little noisy and needs more storage in driver's"

"if I had it to do over again I would buy this vehicle again. Drives great and very comfortable. Just a little noisy."

Catering van on a budget

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"For a small business, it attracts attention, economical on fuel, drives like a car and I love the three door design. Easy to load and unload for catering."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Hauls, reliable, unique and an awesome truck."

Cons: "I need another Lola!"

"I own a cleaning service, cater, and own a boutique. It does everything and hauls like a dream. It is a great conversation starter. We all call her, Lola."

Good idea with bad exicution

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "Good concept badly exicuted"

Cons: "transmission, payload, durability"

"My company went to these vans and it seemed like a good idea at the time until lots of mechanical issues arose. All across the country our vans are droping transmissions and in our local branch we have had the tramsmisson replaced 7 times in 1 van and twise in a 2nd van. Both of these vans started having tranmission problems between 11000 and 13000 miles and now have less than 20000 miles on them because they are always in the shop. Lots of brake dust, to short to carry 6' ladders inside, to tall for parking garages, and not enough payload compacity. My company which has several thousand service vehicles has went from replacing all of there old trucks with these vans to not buying anymore due to the constant repairs and down times."

Comfortable fuel efficient

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Fuel efficient ,comfortable"

Cons: "Weak front end"

"Reliable convenient comfortable fuel efficient ...in the delivery business in the city lots of stop and go . Front end can't handle the load I carry. Replaced the entire front end twice."

Junk so far

By on Thursday, June 09, 2011

Pros: "design is perfect. Lots of doors and a big box with great mileage"

Cons: "Not reliable no loaner cars and limitied parts availability"

"In 6,000 miles I have lost my power steering twice, The transmission slips and they told me brake dust covering the front wheels every three days is normal."

Handicap friendly

By on Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pros: "great price for what you get, easy to park and drive, lots of room"

Cons: "needs arm rest, tail pipe needs to be a little shorter I burnt my leg once."

"I got this van to use because my child is in a wheelchair...we just added a pulldown ramp to the rear and it is great. No other conversions needed. I LOVE IT. The only things I would like to have is rear side windows, but the 2011 passanges have those. And bigger front arm rest for driver plus one for passange in front. But this little van has HUGE room, drives like a car, parks like a car, fits anywhere and gets good MPG. I do wish it came in more colors....I LOVE IT. We have driven it from SC to Arkansas and back. We have used it to move lots of stuff and to take trips in. To go the the drive-in...doors flip open and we sat in back. Great van."

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Transit Connect Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals