2015 Ford Transit 350 Wagon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,478 - $39,275.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 05/05/2016

5.8

Based on 5 Ratings for the 2015 models.

5.4/10
    5.0/10
    6.2/10
    6.8/10
    6.4/10
    6.8/10

my e350 box truck was more reliable

By on Monday, March 07, 2016

Pros: "Great for the first 6 months"

Cons: "Breaks Down Spends weeks at the dealers"

""Bought new but it seems the van is Always in the dealers. So far the instruments, rear axle, EGR, rear brakes twice, head gasket have been repaired or replaced. Right now it is at the dealers for major oil leak and loss of power plus it has transmission issues which as usual the dealer says it's fine, I guess it is until it gets returned by Ford roadside recovery again. As I wright this I have not had any use of my Transit for over 6 weeks and the dealer does not call to let me know whats happening I have to call them and as usual get the story about waiting for Ford technical service to look at it. I have lost all confidence in this vehicle to take care of our daily deliveries. I bought the Transit 350T Powerstroke because I wanted a reliable and economical delivery vehicle which it was for the first few months but now its is less reliable than our old Ford box truck it replaced, worst van ever and a waste of money, Buyers beware.""

Is quality still job #1 at Ford ?

By on Monday, February 22, 2016

Pros: "comfort /convenience features"

Cons: "seating tight, bad tires, odd size 23565R16C"

"Bought new. T150 XLT loaded 8 pass wagon. Great vehicle until I started having issues. 1st 90 days several interior & exterior trim pieces were loose or falling off. Started having ride/drive/handling issues around 2100 to 2300 miles. Have had 3 tires replaced and van still has a squirmy/squiggly ride. Even though tires show regular wear, on certain roads they ride terrible. Dealerships say suspension is intact. Don't like these tires / Continental VancoFourSeason / 23565R16C is an odd size. Can only replace with Hankook Dynapro of the same size. I wanted to replace with Michelins way back when. Would buy the Hankooks with a guarantee they would ride well. Why would Ford introduce a vehicle with an odd tire size and not many tire options? With the steering wheel not angling down enough, even with long arms driving/steering on long trips can be exhausting. 2nd & 3rd row seats are too close together. GOD help you if you're tall. Removing the 2nd & 3rd row seats is a chore. Going from front to back of van is tight. Van had good road feel when I bought it. After 10,000 servicing steering is too light and van oversteers/understeers too easily. Don't know what brought this on. Dealerships say everything is okay. Had I known Alabama's Lemon Law I would have done something about this within the 1st year of ownership. Bought my van for traveling. Haven't been able to enjoy it much because of these issues. I thought this vehicle would see me into retirement, but I don't know! I only wanted for these issues to be found and fixed. I expected better from Ford."

so far so good on 2015 lwb, mr, eco, premium, sync

By on Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pros: "MPG, Driving Characteristics, Quiet, Power"

Cons: "Not good in snow, limited tire options, min towing"

"I have been driving now for 14 months, 26k miles, and I tend to drive long drives without lots of stopping. No major work, had recall on air filter which got replaced. I also had to take it in to get SYNC update as I couldn't do it. I have the a lwb, ls 3.31, ecoboost, mid roof, premium package, leather, autostart, and sync. So far so good overall. Tows like a dream with plenty of power. It is more expensive than competition except Sprinter...and even that is fairly close. So only time will truly tell if this was worth the money. I wish I had gotten the 3.73 axle just because I am towing....and for the size/power I feel the transit should be able to haul/tow more. Also, if you put in a cargo cage, it completely kills the use of a power seat as the seat wont recline and I could manually adjust for as much as it is mobile. Tis is a great van to load and haul if light/mid weight....I avg about 18.5 mpg, even loaded at 60 mph. I towed 7300 pounds by accident and was rather amazed at the power and ease of stopping, and 13.5 mpg average. I normally tow my cargo trailer, even loaded its 3500 pounds. The van itself is 6000 pounds, and gcwr is 11200....so I can tow and load 5200 pounds, which fortunately for me is enough, but for many it may seem light. I feel it should do better, but not without going over recommended limits set by Ford. I got this loaded van for about 39k, and 2.9 apr.....so am happy so far. Time is the real evaluator. Also, the resale value is really terrible....which surprised me....I spent 39 on a van that listed 42.5.....and within a year it is only valued at 26....that's a 33% drop pretty much immediately, and that doesn't include the $5000 ramp, cargo mat, cage, and diamond plating I added. I might as well have set fire to them.....I outgrew the van quickly, so had to buy a trailer which I figured is a better value if you don't mind a trailer. Cost me 8000 for a great one with 400 cu.ft room, where as a long high transit would have cost me exactly the same to get an extra 100 sq ft."

this van is a joy to drive.

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"you forget there is a big van behind you when driving unless you look backward. ecoboost is the perfect fit for this vehicle"

Not the best

By on Thursday, November 26, 2015

Pros: "Good MPG, rides nice"

Cons: "Just too much to mention here, read review"

"The much vaunted upgrade is only really good on mileage, assuming you get very far. I just turned 36,00 miles after a year of commercial driving, rear brakes, gone! They are small to begin with and I got 2 days warning there was a problem, scored the discs as well but if you have to get them replaced be ready to pay dearly as the axle has to come off ($400-$500 bill not including the pads and changing the transaxle fluid. Ford didn't offer me anything as I had just turned 36k miles (I was 152 miles past) and by the way that earlier price was not a dealership cost so tack on another $200-$300. The front brakes are at about 35% so will need to be done soon as well. I expected at least 75k miles before brakes, I'm a professional driver and very easy on brakes so this is unusual I think. I'm getting a series of popping sounds out of the steering column now too and have no idea what it may be, not sense taking it to Ford as I'm out of warranty. The interior set up is not great, yeah they have like 6 places to put your drink (I'm not kidding) and a cubby for your cellphone as long as it's not wider than an iphone, if you have a Galaxy Note or similar forget it. There are two power outlets and a USB (part of upgrade stereo hd and sirius)The steering wheel controls make no sense, there is no mute button for stereo because they assume you will be using the Sync System but frankly I don't want my conversations to be heard by everyone in the vehicle (It's used as a transporter for wheelchair patients) and being that I'm tall and have to keep the seat all the way back I have to lean forward to turn off stereo when a call comes in (I wear a bluetooth). The leather seats are not very padded and are only about 4-5" thick and by the way the battery is under your seat cushion, it's supposed to tilt up to access but really I don't like the idea of a battery under my rear end. Its not all bad, the mileage is pretty good as long as you don't use the AC too much (I live in Arizona) you can expect 13 to 15 mpg which is still 25% better than my old E Series. It drives well but can be ginchy in high wind because of the raised roof. I wish I had another choice but I've heard the Promaster has it's issues too as well as the Mercedes so there you go."