• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2005 Ford Thunderbird

9.6

Based on 238 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Best most fun car ever!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun, head turner, dependable,"

Cons: "mp3, navigation, neither were popular then though."

"I am a 63 year old male and bought a 2003 used. This is the most "Fun" car I have ever owned. It's not a sports car or a drag racer. The 280HP is great. It accelerates fast and handles great. Comfort is also great. I have actually thought about buying another one so the wife and I don't have to share as much. The fit is snug and I'm a big man 6' and 270lbs. Once I get in and readjust the mirrors it feels like a glove. The controls are easy to get at and read. The hardtop is nice in the winter and goes on and off easy. I have a rig in the ceiling of the garage to take it off with. It takes about 30 minutes. I have had zero problems with it and would not think twice about getting another one. The wife likes it like I do. I have never driven a car that is this much fun. I know a guy in the next town over that has 5 of them for personal use including the 007 edition."

Fun Machine

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Style, handling, and uniqueness."

Cons: "Parts (major components availability)"

"We own a Pacific Coast Roadster serial number 175 of 1,000. My wife and I have had many very nice days and evenings just cruising to nowhere-in-particular. The car is definitely a head-turner, and has performance to spare in both horsepower and handling. Over the last few years, a few major components have needed replacement, and Ford has done them under warranty (keep mind that the car was 6 to 7-years old!!!). A common issue to look at if buying would if the Platform Control Module (PCM) has been replaced with the new and better version (it took 2 months to get). My understanding is this module has an 8-year warranty, and could be quite costly to replace without it (~$1,000 ), but please verify that yourself by talking with a dealership service before buying. Oh yes, I'm 6'3” and ~230 lbs., and I fit in it just fine..."

Bought car from origional owner with 17000 miles

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

"Purchased a year ago and a 1/2 ago. Car had never been rained on and was in perfect shape. Car now has 25000 miles and been from Indiana to Florida All origional car never wrecked and has Ford Car cover. I drive it on nice days. Woul like to sell."

Very nice car to drive

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride for a two sweater. Great looking car"

Cons: "Hardtop needs help to remove"

"Found this car at a ford dealership on there showroom in 2011. Had a little mechanical trouble with carbon buildup because the car wasn't driven. After replacing one of the injectors and cleaning the system out ,car runs great. Very fun car to drive and a real head turner"

a joy

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"I have had a lot of positive feedback on this car. It is fun to drive, looks great with the top down, or the black cloth top up, or the hard top. Every time winter comes I look forward to putting the hard top on. I look forward to taking it off even more. It would be a deeply sad day If it was to be in an accident and they gave me the listed price for it. I hope to drive it for 20 years or so."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Thunderbird near Honolulu. See local deals