2004 Ford Thunderbird

9.6

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Fun Car!

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"Great fun car. Gets rave comments from many "Graet looking Car". Value has not held up as much as hoped, maybe it will hold now that they are no longer made. I have had no repairs after almost 5 years and 26K miles. Performs well but could use a little more power and quicker tranmission. Great car to just cruise the back roads!"

higly recommended

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I got this car 2nd hand with 340 miles. '04 and gotta love it. No mechanical issues. People ask me if its a '10. Folks look and smile all the time. Drives and handles very well. The car isn't big enough to be really comfortable for long trips. I got 27 mpg before ethanol in the gas dropped it to low 20's. I enjoy all the "old man" features; heated seats, dual climate control, quiet ride, etc."

Dreamy

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"Driving this unique car is better than Prozac, and I get 20 years younger when I step in the door. It's 3 sports cars in one. Cloth soft top up; top down; or add the classy porthole hardtop. Super sound system. Makes me feel like a rock star! Great acceleration, yet decent gas mileage. Speedometer goes to 160 mph. Managed to fit $200 of groceries in trunk. (Try that in a Lotus Elise.) No problems with car. Wouldn't sell it for $70K."

Great cruising car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2008

"After looking at comparable cars (Lexus, BMW, Nissan) I decided that this unique car was the best for me. Some may argue that it is not in that same class as a BMW or Lexus, but there are models that do compare as far as features offered (engine size and power, etc.). I found that the Thunderbird had a 'one-of-a-kind' appeal that the others didn't (they all sort of looked the same). It always turns heads, and I get compliments everywhere I go. The performance was a little under par for an 8 cylinder in my opinion (280 hp), but that was easily rectified with a performance upgrade (about $800) to 305 hp. The suspension is a 'ding' that I still haven't decided on...it seems like (for a sports car) it should be tighter. I think it is a little 'bouncy' at times, and then it seems tight at other times. Regardless, a suspension upgrade would cost anywhere from $900 to $1800. The stock tires are 'adequate', but most cars come with generic tires/rims anyway. The Thunderbird hubcaps are a nice touch tough! The other 'ding' is regarding the quality. While there is definitely some craftsmanship that is apparent, the choice of some lower quality parts is as well. The stock radio and some of the interior (upholstery, trim, etc.) doesn't seem 'classy' enough, but that can easily be upgraded. This also applies to some of the external dressing as well. It may be that my expectation was somewhat eleveated because of the mystique of the Thunderbird...but I think it was really the price (the Premium listed for $45,000.00!). There are some nice (elegant/classy) touches like the Thunderbird logo in several tasteful locations, and an antenna-less exterior (the antenna is in the windshield). A few more are the motorized telescoping steering column, auto-sealing driver and passenger windows (they go down about one inch when opened, and then back up for a tight seal when closed), heated seats, dual/auto climate, and leather. Some of these features are on the Premium or Anniversary only. In conclusion, I always enjoy each drive and I look forward to the next! I would recommend the full power, Premium/Anniversary(2005) edition."

Will NEVER let go of my BIRD

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"What a DREAM come true! Mom of four who drove “family mini-van” for years – dreamed, saved, earned and LOVES my Silver 2005 Anniversary Edition BIRD. Although it spends most of its time in the garage with only 9000 miles – I will NEVER let it go. Like most other review writers – the compliments, stares, and double takes are endless. Now I am looking for a ’55 to complete my package. If you can locate this car – grab it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Thunderbird near Honolulu. See local deals